PDA

View Full Version : At last...some pics from vintageb3...

vintageb3
4th March 2007, 05:23 PM
Hi Guys...

I joined late last year...tagged onto the end of the secret bunker run...and been on Stoney's run. I bought this Cooper S Convertible last Oct ( I think) and love it to bits!

Here's my wee bairn from the front:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/409197435_d13fbebcba_o.jpg

one from the back:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/181/409197733_de018fd02f_o.jpg

one with roof up

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/409197305_0bd252dc0d_o.jpg

more to follow

;)

mark

vintageb3
4th March 2007, 05:37 PM
Here's some more showing the work done in polishing since the above pics were taken:

Got my Winter 15' wheels on...(Thanks Gerry!!!)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/409181996_85e83d8941_o.jpg

Here's one that shows the reflection: white marks are me missing bits of residue polish..tsk tsk : (Sorry that I captured that ugly fat bloke in frame)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/126/409181254_9512ae605c_o.jpg

One if the drivers door with reflection:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/409182143_cf858ba4a3_o.jpg

and finally...one of my R 95's after recent refurb:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/409178521_d932dd226d_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!

mark

Gismo
4th March 2007, 06:30 PM
Whoa, far too clean :p:cool:

Craig
4th March 2007, 06:55 PM
Nice one mark... you took your time.. ;)

Was one of those pics taken in the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park in the Trossachs ?

car is looking great :approve:

rpn
4th March 2007, 07:41 PM
Nice car, very clean and good colour too!

N12 JLK
4th March 2007, 10:38 PM
:cool:Nice pictures, very shiney:cool:

illegalhunter
5th March 2007, 02:23 AM
It scrubs up well Mark nice work with the wax .Whos the ugly guy taking the pics but? lol

vintageb3
5th March 2007, 04:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

It scrubs up well Mark nice work with the wax .Whos the ugly guy taking the pics but? lol

I dunno John...he keeps following me about.

Funny wee story...I used to do Karate training and play ice hockey...I was about 11 stone and really fit (that's "fit" as in athletic & healthy...not "fit" as in booshackala...AYE!...me Julieeee). I stopped smoking and gave up training etc...and put on 6 stone within six months. I'm now about 19 stone...far too heavy i know. Anyway i was conveying my experience of passing a mirror to a mate of mine a few weeks ago..."Yeah I walked past a mirror the other day...and I had to stop and go back to the mirror!!! I asked myself..... Before I could finish and say "WHO THE HELL IS THAT!!"...my mate jumped in and said WHO THE HELL ARE THOSE TWO GUYS!!!"

With friends like this...who needs enemies!

:D

mark

vintageb3
5th March 2007, 04:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Was one of those pics taken in the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park in the Trossachs ?

Craig...I think it was...it was taken during my day of extensive road testing on my own test circuit...on that road on the Trossachs trail...

We all know that road don't we???:D

mark

vintageb3
5th March 2007, 04:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by rpn

Nice car, very clean and good colour too!

I knew you would like the colour mate;)

mark

Craig
5th March 2007, 04:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Craig...I think it was...it was taken during my day of extensive road testing on my own test circuit...on that road on the Trossachs trail...

We all know that road don't we???:D

mark

it's Mini Mecca.... also know as the Dukes Pass...:approve::approve::approve::approve:

not that great at this time of the year as it is not gritted at all, but brilliant in the summer...:approve::approve::approve:

RyanK
5th March 2007, 04:30 AM
Very Nice!

I must say i do love those JCW R95s

vintageb3
5th March 2007, 05:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by RyanK

Very Nice!

I think they look nice too. Its the wheels that were on the car when I bought it. I certainly wouldn't have spent that kind of money on a set of wheels!!!!!.

With runflats (OK Craig:blackeye:)...they are painful to the ass and the car when they hit potholes.

I would advise against anyone going above 17"s (OK Craig...jump in:blackeye:)...in fact after following the Elfman on his 16"'s on Stoney's run...I think 16"'s have to be thought on seriously.

Fi summed it up really...you have to sacrifice performance for looks...

mark

Coop
5th March 2007, 05:26 AM
Bonny looking car, its amazing the difference the different wheels make to the car.

Gordons_cooper_wrks
5th March 2007, 06:25 AM
Mirror finish!!! Wat a shine! :cool:

Craig
5th March 2007, 06:38 AM

quote:Originally posted by RyanK

Very Nice!

I think they look nice too. Its the wheels that were on the car when I bought it. I certainly wouldn't have spent that kind of money on a set of wheels!!!!!.

With runflats (OK Craig:blackeye:)...they are painful to the ass and the car when they hit potholes.

I would advise against anyone going above 17"s (OK Craig...jump in:blackeye:)...in fact after following the Elfman on his 16"'s on Stoney's run...I think 16"'s have to be thought on seriously.

Fi summed it up really...you have to sacrifice performance for looks...

mark

I am saying nuthin...;);)

you ALL know the truth...:approve::approve:

minidriver#1
5th March 2007, 07:20 AM
Hey mate, who did the refurb on your wheels. The finish looks fantastic.

vintageb3
5th March 2007, 07:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

Hi KJ...a friend of mine in Methil. I saw him today...and I tried to get a rough idea of price out of him. I don't know how much mine cost...as he did other work for me as well. But he says that every job is different and it depends on how much work is required. He prefers to see the wheels in other words. He told me that it is cheaper just to spray the outside of the wheel...but I got both sides of mine done. Its a better job.

I already have someone interested in getting wheels done...he will contact them and ask to see the wheels.

The guy is really good at his job...a perfectionist!

PM me with a contact number and i can pass it on...

Worth a trip to Methil I think....remember your passport!

mark

sedgie
5th March 2007, 08:05 AM
LOL remember to drive fast...to keep yer wheels;):D

soz mark...couldnae help mesel;)

vintageb3
5th March 2007, 08:26 AM
LOL!!!:D

Nah the guy is genuine...nice bloke really...He wouldn't do anyone a bad turn.

You will have a PM in about 5 mins Lesley

mark

minidriver#1
5th March 2007, 09:07 PM

quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

Hi KJ...a friend of mine in Methil. I saw him today...and I tried to get a rough idea of price out of him. I don't know how much mine cost...as he did other work for me as well. But he says that every job is different and it depends on how much work is required. He prefers to see the wheels in other words. He told me that it is cheaper just to spray the outside of the wheel...but I got both sides of mine done. Its a better job.

I already have someone interested in getting wheels done...he will contact them and ask to see the wheels.

The guy is really good at his job...a perfectionist!

PM me with a contact number and i can pass it on...

Worth a trip to Methil I think....remember your passport!

mark

i have 5 19inch Arospeed RSGT wheels to be refurbed in that shade. I have a price of £220 from Coatech in Carnoustie so if he can beat that then that'd be ace.

Duncan Stewart
6th March 2007, 06:36 AM
Looks great :D lovely shine on the black.