PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Car

Gismo
24th January 2004, 04:05 PM
My daughter yes i know i'm not old enough to have a daughter that can drive has recently passed her test and is looking for a cheap car around the £500 mark with a reasonable amount of tax and Mot

Any make considered, no hot hatches, gti's etc

Bonnie Scotland

Fontal
24th January 2004, 04:52 PM
How about a clasic mini to compliment Millie

Gismo
25th January 2004, 04:01 PM
Not so sure she'd want one and i'm not keen to be needing to sort it every other day when it won't start :blackeye:

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
25th January 2004, 08:30 PM
Hey Alan - why not put her on Milli's insurance? :D;)

Big Col
25th January 2004, 09:07 PM
Well...you might be able to get a Toyota Corolla for around that. Reeeeealy boring cars (I know I had one) but they're totally and utterly bulletproof! I had mine for 5 years and it started first turn of the key every single time.

Linda M
25th January 2004, 09:25 PM
If it's your 'horsey' daughter Alan you might consider a Suzuki Vitara or Jimny (don't start everyone there great reliable cars, I've had 5 ) you might just get an old Vitara for that amount. Great for keeping the 'just passed test' speed down and handy for all that horsey stuff you need to carry round.

minidriver#1
25th January 2004, 09:39 PM
my dads mate has a Vitara for sale for £1000

Gismo
26th January 2004, 08:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit
my dads mate has a Vitara for sale for £1000Cheers KJ :) she says she wants a practical car :I whatever that means, teenagers :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
26th January 2004, 10:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
Hey Alan - why not put her on Milli's insurance? :D;)Seemingly the car is too powerfull, however, had i got the JCW it wouldn't have been a problem ;):p

Willie M
26th January 2004, 04:31 PM
Groan... Quick, quick... get me a doctor... I think I've split my sides ;):clown: You're right though Alan, the JCW is just a big kids car :D:approve:

Duncan Stewart
27th January 2004, 06:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Well...you might be able to get a Toyota Corolla for around that. Reeeeealy boring cars (I know I had one) but they're totally and utterly bulletproof! I had mine for 5 years and it started first turn of the key every single time.

Arrrrrrggggg!!!!! NO NO NO :dead: :dead: :dead:. I had one for 2 dreadful years (from new) before my MINI and it was the most troublesome car I ever owned - OK everyone's experience is different but I ended up hating that car :( :( :(. Still it gave me the excuse I needed to change my car early for the new MINI :D
Maybe early 90's ones were better :question::question:
Had Nissan Sunny, then Almera before that and they were totally reliable (not trendy but I was not bothered about that) and more interesting to drive than the Corolla. I regularly see early 90's Sunnys for sale at around £500 - practical but would a teenager be seen in one !? ;)