PDA

View Full Version : inside of car

dundeered
2nd March 2007, 07:16 PM
what is best product or method to clean the dash and trim on the new r56 models , dont want to end up with boy racer back to black dash or anything just want to keep clean and new looking , tried and tested options only

The Dogfather
2nd March 2007, 07:50 PM
I use armoural stuff, I think that's what its called, it's the one with the viking on.....

Doesn't leave a massive oil slick if thats what your after

dundeered
2nd March 2007, 08:07 PM
what cloth or such are you using as i bought a microfibre fromhalfords and its useless leaves bits of thread all over dash

Mark R
2nd March 2007, 08:46 PM
I've had the same thread issue on my windows with a brillo microfibre cloth just to let you know.

Best I found to use are the Meguiars cloths although there are bound to be cheaper options than those.

The Dogfather
2nd March 2007, 11:29 PM
I use a eCloth, we got it ages ago from BnQ

KenL
2nd March 2007, 11:31 PM
A damp cloth in plain water works for me.

I would not use any product like Armourall on the inside, we don't have much in the way of UV than will damage the dash.

The MINI interior cleaner diluted in water works well and smells nice.

I have not had a problem with microfibre cloths dropping fibres. There is a Vileda (?) one for windows which is a very close weave, it works well on the inside.

Gorbash12346
7th March 2007, 06:23 AM
go to tesco's and get some of their household microfibre dusters (they feel really odd and sticky almost and a tub of meguiars interior wipes.. wipe the whole car with the interior wipes then go back round with the microfibre thoroughly and et voila it looks brand new

Wul
7th March 2007, 07:56 AM
Remember to wash the MF's from new before you first use them - without softener - this helps reduce the fluff they leave.

CooperTrooper
7th March 2007, 08:26 AM
:cool:Hey!

Just my tuppence worth . . .

Ive used every interior cleaner over the last 10 years, autoglym, creams, foams, silicons . . ..

bI now find the best cleaner to be a microfibre cloth dipped in a weak solution of fairy liquid - brings it up a treat - uniform matt finish, none of ur slippy greay finishes!

save your money on cleaners and get a good microfibre!! :D

CooperTrooper
7th March 2007, 08:29 AM
another wee tip :

I found out by accident that the silver cupholder rings pull off - alloowing you to really clean in and about them, mine were always sticky and dirty with coke etc - not now!

Wul
7th March 2007, 04:40 PM
Meguiars also do an interior quick detailer - spray and wipe which cleans and protects unlike the gloss treatments - dunno what it's like though. I agree with CT above though - I usually clean the inside of the windows and dash etc in the same way.

harryboy22002
8th March 2007, 02:02 AM
hi there
like meguiar;s but have you tried =auto glymn vynal on interior /
up to now it;s the best for me
just my opinion ??
harryboy22002.

perfectreflections
1st April 2007, 08:22 PM
Best IMO is BMW's own interior/dash cleaner. Available from your local BMW/Mini stealer. Gives a nice matt OEM look with no glare. Its the daddy.

ianking
2nd April 2007, 05:24 PM
For microfibre cloths get your selves along to Costco. A pack of 24 microfibre cloths costs only £7odd. Superb bargain.

AeroJonny
19th April 2007, 07:09 AM
i use some orange scented matt finish interior wipes for all the plasticky trim and stuff and the whole dash apart from the instrument lenses...works a treat. i just use a damp cloth for the instrument lenses and dry them with a soft cloth.

Bob's yer uncle!

AndyP & Lenore
19th April 2007, 08:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

For microfibre cloths get your selves along to Costco. A pack of 24 microfibre cloths costs only £7odd. Superb bargain.

Ian, is that the huge red one that Jason was using on the Mothership weekend? He said you got it for him at Costco.

A.:D

indigomatt
19th April 2007, 03:49 PM
I find that a few of the Armoural Matt finish wipes do the job, no shine :cool:... Some warm water first if the dog's been in tho...

M

Scottie
19th April 2007, 05:38 PM
Meguairs quick mist and wipe is fine for the Mini leaves it looking clean with no missed bits etc etc you know how some products leave the interior plastics with bits looking missed.

However the solutuon is not good enough to clean light interior trim will not take any marks or dog paw marks off.:(

Scottie
19th April 2007, 05:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

if your a polish geek then depending on what polish depends on what MF cloth to use. i.e. number of threads that make up the cloth.

illegalhunter
19th April 2007, 06:03 PM
I use interior wipes they work a dream & really clean the wax off the arches when you make a mess.