PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations After Lowering???

Ivano
27th February 2007, 09:35 PM
Has anybody experienced any issues over vibrations after lowering?? I recently got KW Variant 1 Coilovers fitted down at Lohen, having previously been running on Eibach Springs. The car has been lowered around 50mm from previously sitting at 30mm. Andrey at Lohen advised that on some occasions vibrations can be felt after lowering but it is very much on an individual basis in that it doesn’t affect all MINIS. My car has been running perfectly well in the last two weeks since fitting but in the last couple days I have noticed a slight vibration in certain gears and in varying levels of acceleration. Most MINI forums report such a problem when cars are sometimes lowered more than 3Omm. North American Motoring has many posts on this and most people put it down to the CV Joints working outside their norm but given time new grooves will set in and things will settle down. However some posts state different. I am waiting on some advice from Andrey at Lohen as to whether I will need to raise the ride height on the car to solve the problem or if in time the vibrations will disappear. I am a little concerned though about possible future damage to components (I had no issues on the Eibachs at 30mm) I would prefer not to raise the ride height as the car handles so good and looks great in 50mm stance.

Has anybody experienced such vibrations after lowering on here which does seems to be a general problem related to the MINIS sometimes in lowered stance??

Any feedback would be much appreciated..

PS Gorbash, how is your car running on the Coilovers as you have the same set up as me?

Ivano

ELFMAN
28th February 2007, 05:28 PM
No help on the vibration front I'm afraid, but your roads must be better than mine and have no speed bumps.......

Gorbash12346
1st March 2007, 06:11 AM
i don't get any vibrations other than in 4th up a certain hill in carluke doing 30mph on the dot but other than that non at all

when specifically do these vibrations happen?

Ivano
1st March 2007, 05:52 PM
It just seems to happen occasionally, and haven't really felt it in the last day or so, things maybe are starting to settle down as the Coilovers have been on the car for 3 weeks now and i love them....

I will wait and see what Andrey at Lohen has to say.. It's just one of those things i suppose.

How much have you lowered your MINI by??

Ivano

quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

i don't get any vibrations other than in 4th up a certain hill in carluke doing 30mph on the dot but other than that non at all

when specifically do these vibrations happen?

Gismo
1st March 2007, 06:56 PM
A long shot, but maybe it's nowt to do with the suspension, maybe it's the tyres, wheel balance etc

Gorbash12346
2nd March 2007, 05:56 AM
i've lowered my ... fiesta :P lol about 45mm sorry didn't realise you thought i had a mini