PDA

View Full Version : Sound kit

Coop
25th February 2007, 12:40 AM
I'm getting one!!!!!! :D I'm excited, just wanted to let you know.

No more news Im afraid...

Gordons_cooper_wrks
26th February 2007, 04:34 AM
Good good you will love it! :D

Gismo
26th February 2007, 04:54 AM
I thought you had an S??

X30YES
26th February 2007, 05:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I thought you had an S??
must be a music sytem then Al :p;):D

PACMAN
26th February 2007, 06:10 AM
hopefully it will sound good :D

:clown: I'll get my coat :clown:

BigSwanMiniMan
26th February 2007, 08:04 PM
Grant, i have just sent you a e-mail. !!!!!!!

N12 JLK
28th February 2007, 04:00 AM
Glad you are getting the kit fitted , we had one and to be honest I didnt think it was worth the money, the play mini system sounds better.

Coop
28th February 2007, 06:52 AM
What? Play Mini? I was going for JCW for warranties sake, its a 53 plate with the TLC. Will my warranty be finished? Cos if I can save money...

N12 JLK
28th February 2007, 07:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Coop

What? Play Mini? I was going for JCW for warranties sake, its a 53 plate with the TLC. Will my warranty be finished? Cos if I can save money...

Just felt that after 6 months of having it and after paying £650 for it it wasnt worth it, Lesley has just slapped me as she has just said ' why did I let you pay that for it and we sold the car just there for an R56'
It will invalidate it but check with your dealer anyway, sure after 3 years your warranty runs out or is it 5 years:question:
MarkyC had a play mini system and just hear Elfmans on his S it s suppa, you can hear him from miles away.

Craig
28th February 2007, 07:13 AM
only a 3 year warranty on your car and 5 years servicing (or once you reach the mileage - whatever comes first).

as for your sound kit - I think this is different to what Jason is referring to as his was a Cooper and yours is a Cooper S. What is included in the sound kit for the Cooper S and how much is it?

it will get better value by going aftermarket (and probably a better sound) as you are outside your warranty.:approve::approve:

Burple
28th February 2007, 08:14 AM
Playmini and an induction kit / replacement filter all the way..
Sounds sooo much better! :cool:
(Where's the crombers for backup? ;):D)

Crombers
28th February 2007, 09:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Playmini and an induction kit / replacement filter all the way..
Sounds sooo much better! :cool:
(Where's the crombers for backup? ;):D)

I'm here dude :D

Playmini is THE way to go as far as I'm concerned :approve:.
Compared to the JCW Sound System my Playmini (cat back) box plus K&N panel filter sound the mutts nuts imho & having compared both there is really NO contest :p;).
My next move was to go for the (all in one) Playmini Manifold with Sports Cat but I reckon I'll be going for the GT Tuning Manifold as the Cat is detatchable & it avoids having to purchase a whole new system should the Cat fail.

Bottom line is I'm glad I never went for the JCWSS & so do many that did purchase the 'kit'. My car has also been back in for warranty work (Douglas Park, Hillington :approve:) on two occassions since fitted and the only comment i got was from one of the mechanics who said it sounded ace & the way MINI should have made em ;):approve:

Burple
28th February 2007, 09:08 AM
:approve::approve::approve:

Even on my One they sound the baws
:D:D:cool::cool:

james f
28th February 2007, 09:13 AM
just wait till your hear the system thay will be going on my S will be truly epic larini clubsport cat and back box

Crombers
1st March 2007, 02:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by james f

just wait till your hear the system thay will be going on my S will be truly epic larini clubsport cat and back box

Yup heard these in action. A couple of guys from MINI2 had these fitted to their 'S's on the 2005 Cullen Run & they sounded feckin awesome :approve:

Best quote of the day had to have been when one of these said chaps asked me what I had done to my Coop as they could not keep up with me on the twisties :approve::approve::approve:
Amen to that :p;)

james f
1st March 2007, 03:36 AM
hehe ive had a few S owners ask me that too

The Dogfather
1st March 2007, 03:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

[quote]
Best quote of the day had to have been when one of these said chaps asked me what I had done to my Coop as they could not keep up with me on the twisties :approve::approve::approve:
Amen to that :p;)

Oh yeah, he'd mistaken you for one of the drivers of the red coopers, namely Weefozzy Jnr and myself.:D

Coop
1st March 2007, 06:48 AM
Nightmare today!

Got told by Grassicks that they don't do a sound kit for the 'S', despite

a - they gave me a rough price 2 days ago

b - the kind folks at Menzies have offered me a deal...

So, do I go for the deal at Menzies or do I go aftermarket if my warranty is out anyway? Im mainly after power rather than volume so what is the best thing to go for? Also, value for money is good if I don't have to spend £600 I won't!

Cheers everyone :)

james f
1st March 2007, 09:10 AM
www.larinisystems.com its were im going when i get my S or GTT for a indction, and GTT maifold and one ball sounds amazing

Gismo
1st March 2007, 06:48 PM
Am i right then, there isn't a sound kit for an S???

If you're after power, £600 aint gonna get you much, double it and go aftermarket to Lohen, GTT etc, they all offer reduced pulley power

Wul
1st March 2007, 07:09 PM
I've got the JCW Sound Kit on my Cooper and I like it (especially the new back box;)) there is a tube comes out the top of the filter and runs into the area at the back of the glove box where the wiper motor is to draw more cool air and let more noise out. According to the JCW website the Cooper version also includes a tweaked ECU. Not sure by how much though. :)

james f
1st March 2007, 09:13 PM
ECU has been fiidled to allow for a bit more low down acccerlation but the sound kit lacks the top end that an induction kit would give (this was after i dorve my cooper indcution kit only) back to back with a sound pack car sound pack with a proper induction kit and free flowing manilfod would be rather good as the exhaust used in the sound pack is essintial the same as the mini challange cars kit

but no never has been a sound pack for the S only ever the 200/210 works converison