PDA

View Full Version : what dealer would you use

Scottie
23rd February 2007, 07:57 PM
As I move back to the central belt it has got me wondering which dealer to use for

1st Service

2nd sales should I ever be able to afford a new one.

Done a quick search on mini.co.uk and this is the list that came up.

Obviously Menzies is out (you all know what I think of them)
Eastern well to be honest it just simply a pain in the @rse to travel through there. I'm thinking Grassicks.

Menzies 6 miles
Douglas Park 18 miles
Douglas Park 19 miles
Eastern Motor Company 23 miles
Harry Fairbairn Glasgow 23 miles
Phoenix Kirkcaldy 27 miles
Dunedin Edinburgh 27 miles
Grassicks Garage 30 miles
Harry Fairbairn Irvine 43 miles
John Clark Tayside

ianking
23rd February 2007, 08:06 PM
I have experience of Menzies, Dunedin and Eastern and im pretty much just going to stick with the Eastern from now on. I did go to Douglas Park about a year ago for a quote when getting rid of my 1 Series but I wasnt that impressed with them.

Bignorm
23rd February 2007, 08:07 PM
fi im sure your car could be collected and droped off to you if that would be easier for you

X30YES
23rd February 2007, 08:16 PM
I'd go with the collection option ...always,if you don't need a car for the day !!

ianking
23rd February 2007, 08:20 PM
I had eastern collect my car a couple times at my house and their man dropped a car off for me.

illegalhunter
23rd February 2007, 08:27 PM
dont go to Fairbairns Arnold Crap

Crombers
24th February 2007, 12:53 AM
Douglas Park (ex Henry bros), Hillington gets my vote. Sorted out my steering problem & the service manager was as keen as I was to sort out the fault :approve: after Menzies gave out the oh so familiar 'no fault found' p!sh :disapprove:.

AeroJonny
24th February 2007, 02:08 AM
Hmmm, I can safely say that Grassicks' sales department was a bit of a let down-they didn't give the impression they were all that interested in my business even thought they knew I'd driven from 15 miles the other side of Glasgow up to Perth just to see their car.

Douglas Park (City Centre) have a nice guy in sales called Stuart if memory serves me correct, the only reason I didn't buy from him was that I found the car of my dreams close to my Mum's company's office near London.

I've had good and bad experiences with both their service dept and their body shop (now based at Hillington). They damaged the Coop while it was in for some warranty work in the bodyshop twice-once was scuffing some of the plastic trim at the side of the front bumper which they eventually replaced after I had a go. The second time really took the biscuit, they put a dent and gouge in the paintwork just behind the driver's door which although they repaired without questioning me, there was no apology forthcoming nor was I offered a courtesy car.

I don't know if this is just the way they treat younger customers though. I've got other stories, but my fingers are getting sore.

I found the bodyshop manager to have very little in the way of interpersonal skills, however the older gentleman who runs all the bookings etc is an absolute credit to the company and the guys in the parts and service depts. are also very helpful and informative.

These are my own personal observations and opinions. Everywhere has a good and a bad side IMHO, it might be an idea even to go in and just have a wander around and get a feel for a couple of places on your shortlist.

From what I've been reading it would seem that Eastern are very professional on both sides of the business and if Douglas Park wasn't 50yards away from uni, I'd at least give them a try. I don't know if this is down to their 'new kid on the block' status or not and hopefully they will keep up what seem to be exceptional standards.

**If only I put this much effort in at uni!!!!!**

euan
24th February 2007, 02:31 AM
Eastern would get my vote. They were brilliant in all my dealings with them.

zimbo
24th February 2007, 02:40 AM
Grassicks are SUPERB... :D

sedgie
24th February 2007, 02:41 AM
I use Grassicks n i think they are great:D

PACMAN
24th February 2007, 02:42 AM
lucky for some with all that choice :disapprove: I've only of JC and the next nearest is .... o yes JC Tayside again :disapprove::disapprove:

not bad services but whoring $$$$

Craig
24th February 2007, 02:54 AM
For Service Dept I would not use Eastern again. My Car was in for warranty work, they kept it for 7 days and didn't fix any of the faults.:disapprove: I have also had my problems with Menzies service dept, but me and George and coming to an understanding..;)

On the sales front Fi (as I know you won't go to Menzies) a friend of mine at work has bought from Grassicks at Perth and she was very happy with the service..:D

weefossy
24th February 2007, 03:41 AM
5 cars from Dunedin and no long term problems that weren't sorted. Brian Smith is great, but I'm not sure I'd like to be known as the person that introduced "Mrs Angry Customer" from the Central Belt!! Only kidding Fiona.

AeroJonny
24th February 2007, 04:15 AM
It's good to see that everyone has had different experiences and have different opinions. Bit of a shocker that they all seem so wildly different though!!

ajamesj
24th February 2007, 04:44 AM
I have always used Grassicks and I have too pass JC in dundee too get to them

vintageb3
24th February 2007, 05:52 AM
Well, for parts...I would feel bad going anywhere else but our own Chris Swan at Menzies. He is a credit to that company to be honest. I'm not putting any of the other parts guys down here...but I like to be fair to people that are fair with me...and Chris's service has been excellent...so much so that I want to have his babies. :eek::clown:

Now...if that doesn't get me 50% discount...nothing will! :clown: Chris Swan for President!!!!...OK...maybe I'm trying too much now....

Sales...I think I would also be tempted to go to Menzies. I think the sales folk are down to earth and nice people.

Service...............hmmm......well........I would have to think on that one.:mad::blackeye:

mark

Scottie
24th February 2007, 07:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

5 cars from Dunedin and no long term problems that weren't sorted. Brian Smith is great, but I'm not sure I'd like to be known as the person that introduced "Mrs Angry Customer" from the Central Belt!! Only kidding Fiona.

lol your alright George the service manager at Menzies informed me that I am known as nothing but hassle:eek::eek: is that right I said well that easy sorted I won't be back.

I'm thinking Grassicks as it more the service department that I am interested in than the sales side of things

buying a car is well buying a car and I know enough about Minis that I don't really need their input sales people are just another overhead to increase the cost of buying the dam car.:eek::eek:. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jeez I'm only kidding keep yer nickers on.;)

james f
24th February 2007, 08:37 AM
service wise cant falut eastern thus far dunedin 99% of time have been good to me service wise too sales wouldnt be able to say as ive not relay used either

..... not entierly relevant but the service i recived at lohen out shone any bmw/mini dealer by 100% truly exelent chaps :D

Clare1
24th February 2007, 08:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by weefossy

lol your alright George the service manager at Menzies informed me that I am known as nothing but hassle:eek::eek: is that right I said well that easy sorted I won't be back.

I'm thinking Grassicks as it more the service department that I am interested in than the sales side of things

buying a car is well buying a car and I know enough about Minis that I don't really need their input sales people are just another overhead to increase the cost of buying the dam car.:eek::eek:. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jeez I'm only kidding keep yer nickers on.;)

Cheers Mrs T!!! lol :p

AndyP & Lenore
24th February 2007, 09:16 AM
For service I can highly recommend Dunedin in Selkirk.;) Oh:eek:. Wait a minute......:I

A.:D