PDA

View Full Version : M80 closed - lorry driving idiot

euan
23rd February 2007, 12:04 AM
The M80 seems to be shut. Now, I'm no expert, but HOW did this happen!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/uk_enl_1172147230/img/1.jpg

Link - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/6385189.stm

Scottie
23rd February 2007, 12:13 AM
craig and markyc will know

ianking
23rd February 2007, 12:26 AM
What is even stranger is why the lorry had a corsa in the back of it. :p:p:p

At least you could admit to having a corsa because you found it after it fell of the back of a lorry.:D:D:D

james f
23rd February 2007, 12:37 AM
CRIKEY but having had some experince with lorries (and almost torn a shed by doing what that guy did) i think the tipper must have gone up as he was driving along as its easy enought to do as it only takes 2 buttons to be pressed and the lift is controled by the acellerator

The Dogfather
23rd February 2007, 12:59 AM
|Snigger| Shame it wasn't carrying manure the Corsa driver would have only got what they deserved

illegalhunter
23rd February 2007, 01:37 AM
he must have been driving with the tipper up muppet

Craig
23rd February 2007, 01:45 AM
he apparently had a malfunction with his hydraulics...:eek:;)

hit the gantry in the early hours of the morning, the corsa was behind them and crashed into the back of it... :eek::eek::blackeye::D

zimbo
23rd February 2007, 02:37 AM
Wheres the cab? looks like its done a runner, he'll have got back to base and been asked where the rest of the truck is!!! :D:D:D lol

Corsa shouldnt have been driving so close in the first place, muppet.

markyc
23rd February 2007, 04:26 AM
As the big fella says the hydraulics failed but the failure caused the tipper section to open rather than stay closed :disapprove: The impact tore the tipper section off the rest of the chassis :eek: No one injured but the tipper section ended up holding the gantry sign up as it was dislodged through the impact :eek: Couple of cranes required to hold up the gantry before the tipper section could be taken away and as far as I know the gantry is to be dismantled as well :clown::clown: It was taking some folk 4hrs to get through the tailbacks and diversions northbound :evil::evil: First time we have had a lorry strike a bridge in this manner :clown::I Much fun.......:dead::mad:;)

Burple
23rd February 2007, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

|Snigger| Shame it wasn't carrying manure the Corsa driver would have only got what they deserved

Were they having a mock up of 'Back to the Future'?? :D:D

"I hate Manure!!" :D:D:D

duncan
23rd February 2007, 05:54 AM
Makes a change from Idiot Lorry drivers hitting railway over-bridges I guess.

Hope that their insurance cover is adequate.

minidriver#1
23rd February 2007, 08:37 AM
Saw this in the morning as the bus drove past it, unbelievable. The m80 was still closed this evening.

minidriver#1
23rd February 2007, 08:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

As the big fella says the hydraulics failed but the failure caused the tipper section to open rather than stay closed :disapprove: The impact tore the tipper section off the rest of the chassis :eek: No one injured but the tipper section ended up holding the gantry sign up as it was dislodged through the impact :eek: Couple of cranes required to hold up the gantry before the tipper section could be taken away and as far as I know the gantry is to be dismantled as well :clown::clown: It was taking some folk 4hrs to get through the tailbacks and diversions northbound :evil::evil: First time we have had a lorry strike a bridge in this manner :clown::I Much fun.......:dead::mad:;)

Is the road going to be open tomorrow?

Wul
23rd February 2007, 03:52 PM
Traffic Scotland website isn't showing any issues there now.

Craig
23rd February 2007, 05:21 PM
the road was open last night about 19:30hrs... :D

X30YES
23rd February 2007, 08:33 PM
:eek:

PACMAN
23rd February 2007, 09:33 PM
so that why it call a tipper truck :eek::eek: