PDA

View Full Version : Mini Boot

princesscriminal
21st February 2007, 05:31 AM
Hi

Wondering if you can help me, it seems such a simple problem but it's a pain in the backside. I've intermittent problems with my boot, sometimes it just will not open!!

I was cleaning my car two weeks ago and I was giving it a good going over, ever since then the boot has been a real pain in the butt. When I stop the engine and get out of the car, the boot springs open! I've then got to shut the boot before I can lock the doors.

Have I touched something when I've been cleaning the car? Any ideas or do I have to take it into Menzies?

Any advice would be gratefully received?

Thanks

Jay

Craig
21st February 2007, 07:01 AM
Jay, there has been a problem with the electronic switch on the car which controls the boot release and also a problem with the boot catch...

If your car is in warranty, it's worth getting it checked out... you've nothing to lose...;)

princesscriminal
21st February 2007, 07:13 AM
Thanks very much for the info - as I say it's an intermittent fault but it's driving me mad!!

Visit to Menzies is needed me thinks!

Thanks again

Jay!

Mark R
21st February 2007, 08:36 PM
I had a similar kind of deal with my boot not staying locked when I bought my MINI. Wasn't any problem to get it sorted out by the dealer. If you press the button on the boot to unlock it you might hear it clicking multiple times like I did when mine was broken. Maybe not of course but that might help you show the dealer what's up if it does.