PDA

View Full Version : Online Poker Players

Gismo
21st February 2007, 03:52 AM
Well, does anyone play online poker?? not wanting to know how much you've won or lost, just curious, what site do you use.
I recently signed up with Party Poker, only play for fun with pretend chips :p hmm lovely 8)

CooperTrooper
21st February 2007, 06:42 AM
hey bonnie,

I play on paddy power too! not play money tho real big boy 10cent games :p:p

get some deposited and i'll give you a game :p

Gismo
21st February 2007, 06:26 PM
Erm, no chance :eek: i've watched it on tv often enough, but, playing's a different kettle of fish, i'll stick to playing for play money at the moment ;)

euan
21st February 2007, 07:22 PM
My mate (he's a couple of smarties short of a full pack) tried to make a living off online poker. This is the same man who moved to Iceland as he thought the women would all be good looking, blonde and busty. They aren't. However, he does make some money off these sites (and loses as well I should add!!)

CooperTrooper
21st February 2007, 07:46 PM
I do ok, but rarely take any out as i keep goin for THE big win. :D

Most I have had it up to is about £180! but then lost it again! Most ive spent in a month has been £30!:)

You would have to play pretty high stakes, and play like 10 hours a day to make a living I would imagine?? :I

Bignorm
21st February 2007, 09:50 PM
yeah im rather the same a play poker @ 888.com i have a balance of £680 or so never really played big games yet won a few tho biggest pot was for about £160 just keeps adding to the holiday fund's

Gismo
21st February 2007, 10:17 PM
It'll be a fair while until i play for my own money, often watch the high rollers playing

CooperTrooper
21st February 2007, 10:30 PM
playing for play money is probably not the best practise, there will be too many bluffers :D :D

better of playing the 5cent sort of tables to get a feel of peoples strategies instead of playin 12 year olds :p:p:p

Gismo
21st February 2007, 10:37 PM
I'm still trying to work out the betting, how and what to post without relying on the software to tell me

CooperTrooper
22nd February 2007, 03:32 AM
Bonnie,

I play with friends too, but online is different. in my opinion, any decent hand, pocket pairs, AK AQ etc, is worth more or less all in.

if you keep making small bets chasing the turn n river cards, your money gradually disapears - fold most hands, then play your decent ones aggresively!! :p:evil: be happy only playin one hand in 4, or more!

just my 2 pence worth!!!

Gismo
22nd February 2007, 04:15 AM
Cheers Andy, i've kinda noticed that is what happens, will try it out next time more aggresively ;)