PDA

View Full Version : FOA low n loud

claire
18th February 2007, 07:38 AM
Hey there was wondering if you could help me out a wee bit?

Start my new job in Dundee on Mon 19th:), but my parking permit hasn't arrived yet:mad:

Not familiar with the area, i know you work across from the dental school, do you know, is there anywhere to park my wee pride and joy, where its gonna be safe and sound till i fnish work?

Any info much appreciated:)

Burple
18th February 2007, 08:43 AM
Hiya,

I didn't get my parking permit either last year, ended up parking on the street for a bit too. I used to park down Bellefield Avenue. It's off of Roseangle, when you come from Riverside Drive (the road under the Railway bridge. try chucking Bellefield Avenue, Dundee into Google Maps. It's a bit of a walk (At least 10 mins), but my car was fine there for the time it was there. Lots of Student flats about, so there's people around a fair bit. You'll have to be there before Half Eight to be sure of getting a space tho :blackeye:

If you can get into the Hospital and ask, the Uni do issue temporary permits to let the Parking nazis (tm) ;) know not to give you a ticket on campus :D they should be able to get you one if you go in or give them a call..

If not, let me know and I'll see if I can 'acquire' one ;):D

(There's also a load of spaces further up (on) the Perth Road opposite the Art College, which are free all day. Didn't fancy leaving my wee car on the main road tho! :blackeye:)

claire
19th February 2007, 12:58 AM
cheers for the advice, I'm just a bit worried about leaving my car all day, would hate anything nasty to happen to it, used to park in a private car park at my last job in dunfermline but not got that luxury anymore:(

hopefully all will be well, thanks again:)

Burple
19th February 2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer.. The Uni car parks are ok. I take it that working at the Dental Hospital is part of the Uni? If it is, there are a fair few car parks around, pretty much all of them on campus have CCTV now, and if you're lucky you can get a space either in front of the DH, or across in front (or behind) our building :D
I normally park up beside the rear of the Art College now. Lots of people around all day. Right beside the new Residences. It's a 5 min walk from there to work through the campus, so I get a nice wee walk in the mornings too :D:D

Like I say tho, the best thing would be to get your mitts on a temporary permit :D

And good luck for today! :D:D