PDA

View Full Version : REMOTE LOCKING NOT WORKING

ny152
21st January 2004, 07:47 PM
Hello folks
In work just now so I cant try the spare key or another battery...

Pressed the button on the key to unlock the door this morning and nothing happened. Tried it a couple of times and still nothing.

Managed it the old fashioned way (i.e. key in door lock!) and the car started fine. The car is only 5 months old so my thinking is that the remote battery should be okay but I cant try another at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced this? If its a possible fault I can run to the nearest dealers after work today.

Regards
GOLDMINI.

duncan
21st January 2004, 08:08 PM
I had (on another car) a Scorpion Alarm/imobiliser with remote locking that had a tendancy to lose the settings every time i dropped the damn keys on a hard surface.
It just needed reset.

Perhaps something similar? However, i dont know how to do that on the MINI, sorry

Kirsty
25th January 2004, 08:47 AM
I had probs with mine!! I would lock it with remote then start to walk away and it would unlock itself so watch out for that!!! When I took it in for it's service they told me that there was a part replacement due and it had something to do with the central locking so I would go in and ask about it!!! Good luck!!!!

mr.b
12th February 2004, 01:21 AM
Hey y'all.

Having problems with my passenger door lock sticking - have to pull door handle from the inside and pull the door button up at the same time. Boot needs to be slammed from time to time too for it to click shut. Not sure if it related to my central locking or not. think the boot is but i think the door is related to the stereo/speaker install. BMW sorting it friday so will keep y'all posted.

Kirsty, good to see another fifer flying about - especially one as close to Gotham City (Dunfermline) as i am.

B.

Starky
12th February 2004, 02:40 AM
Yeah mr.b, I just got my S couple of weeks ago and I've noticed u need to slam the hatch down to close it, seems at total odds to the way the front doors shut so solidly, is it just us or does any 1 else have probs?

Willie M
12th February 2004, 05:08 PM
The boot latch problem is fairly common. Mention it to your dealer next time you're in, usually a small adjustment to the rear hatch will sort things out.

KenL
12th February 2004, 05:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Starky

Yeah mr.b, I just got my S couple of weeks ago and I've noticed u need to slam the hatch down to close it, seems at total odds to the way the front doors shut so solidly, is it just us or does any 1 else have probs?

The tailgate of the MINI is easily the worst part of the car IMO. Mine sometimes knocks/bangs going over bumps at low speed and it has been adjusted a few times be the dealer. There are loads (probably thousands) of posts on MINI2 about problems with the tailgates either banging or rattling.

If you have to slam it it could be your rubber bumpers on either side being too far out. Try turning them in a little bit. Keep a note though of how much you move them as doing this may induce another "feature" like rattling or knocking.

Starky
13th February 2004, 01:57 AM
Thanks KenL but i think i'd rather slam it shut rather than the annoying rattles & bangs, will mention it to the dealer @ 1st service though.

KenL
13th February 2004, 05:52 AM

Thanks KenL but i think i'd rather slam it shut rather than the annoying rattles & bangs, will mention it to the dealer @ 1st service though.

Agreed. As that great prophet Duncan says :p if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I would NOT mention it to the dealer, they are guaranteed to make it worse :eek:

duncan
13th February 2004, 06:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Agreed. As that great prophet Duncan says :p if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I would NOT mention it to the dealer, they are guaranteed to make it worse :eek:

Ok, ok, i'll change the sig!

Gismo
13th February 2004, 08:29 AM
An easy solution to the knocking is to wrap insulating tape around the D hook of the lock, that way you can also adjust the rubber stops so that you don't have to slam the boot shut :evil:
I know it doesn't fix the problem 8) but, it fixes it ;)

KenL
13th February 2004, 05:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

An easy solution to the knocking is to wrap insulating tape around the D hook of the lock, that way you can also adjust the rubber stops so that you don't have to slam the boot shut :evil:
I know it doesn't fix the problem 8) but, it fixes it ;)

That'll fix the tailgate rattle but not the boom banga bang :mad:

Burple
13th February 2004, 06:57 PM
I had a similar problem a while back. The drivers side wondow kept dropping like the door was about to open , which kept setting the alarm off, so I couldn't lock the car...
Turns out it was the door catch/ lock in the door.

Get them to check it out! :cool:

mr.b
13th February 2004, 10:10 PM
Bonjour Rodders.....

A wee update about my central locking fiasco....car was fixed this morning. Didn't get any report when i got it back, it was just fixed and they adjusted the boot lock too. Bugging thing is that the door pull on the passenger's side now sticks up about an inch and doesn't sit flush when the car is locked. Still, at least i know it is working for now.

B.