PDA

View Full Version : help needed

dundeered
15th February 2007, 11:59 PM
am planning on spraying the side vents to match body colour or may use gloss black , what sort of prep would i need to do on the plastic, or would it be a case of spraying right onto them , leaving to dry then apply couple more coats

Scottie
16th February 2007, 12:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by dundeered

am planning on spraying the side vents to match body colour or may use gloss black , what sort of prep would i need to do on the plastic, or would it be a case of spraying right onto them , leaving to dry then apply couple more coats

after having had a go a good few times to spray the side vents on the older Mini's I would advise to get a professional to do the job. It was hard ebough getting a enviroment free of dust never mind getting the paint to take to the plastic.

ianking
16th February 2007, 12:15 AM
you will have to use plastic primer.

S7JGW
16th February 2007, 01:21 AM
Youd probably need to use a degreaser to clean them first, to get rid of any back to black style products which could be on the plastics.
Jim

Burple
16th February 2007, 01:47 AM
And if you contact your Stealer (or john Clarks in Dundee ;):D) they should be able to give you a wee spray can to exactly match te colour of the car :cool::cool:

I got a wee can of purple for a wee model that's not quite finished yet :I:D

euan
16th February 2007, 07:50 AM
I seem to recall all sorts of issues with this before you could buy decent chrome ones (although that might just have been chrome paint).

Would get it done professionally, however as the parts are cheap - try it yourself first and if you get the result you want then your good!