PDA

View Full Version : The good and the bad

sharpy
15th February 2007, 07:12 AM
Have had the Cooper a few weeks and the good things are:

Roadholding
Space in the front

Less than good, bordering on the slighly annoying:

Engine sounds a bit rough at idle, others have detailed this and is just how it is it seems

Pedals, if you have big feet, the clutch pedal linkage will hit your right foot if on the brake (a result of confined space I assume). And the steering column bolts hit your feet on full lock

Heating, struggling to find a happy balance, it is either too hot or too cold, nae blaw or too much. The heated front window option we took is also pretty poor which means relying on the normal heating, which is not great.

Interior light pack, seemed funky at the time but not worth the money, if you are thinking of getting it, I wouldn't

N12 JLK
15th February 2007, 07:28 AM
you must have a fault there in the heated front window , even in a hard frost ours cleared by the time we scraped the side windows.

KenL
15th February 2007, 07:43 AM
Blimey Sharpy, wot size feet you got?

Craig
15th February 2007, 07:47 AM
I can concur with the space in the footwell. I have problems with fitting my foot on the foot rest and not hitting the clutch. I have size 13 feet though, but my old cooper had no problems with that..;)

it's not half as bad as my pop's Jag, it's a nightmare!:D

Scottie
15th February 2007, 07:51 AM
Allan says he has no problems with his size 12 for room and the pedals.

Ambient lighting is way cool never get fed up with that I'm loving it.

Heated windscreen not a fav option of mines.

Idle agree all sound crap Cooper and Cooper S

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2007, 07:54 AM
Got a nice simple answer to the "clutch foot hitting the brake foot" problem.;);)

A.:D

sharpy
15th February 2007, 08:04 AM
My feet are a modest size 11, so not exactly the feet of a circus clown

As for the heated window, nothing would surprise me, but so far, it can only be classed as crap. We sat in eager anticipation of the frost clearing, and then thought "sod this, the polar icecaps are melting faster than this"

Duncan Stewart
15th February 2007, 10:05 PM
Bit worrying about the foot problem - I'm size 13 so this could cause me problems when I change my Cooper.
How is the fuel consumption?

ianking
15th February 2007, 10:09 PM
Fuel consumption with sarah's new mini is better than the old car. Average about 44mpg and she only does short journeys through the town with it.

Scottie
15th February 2007, 10:27 PM
I don't think there is much between the Cooper and the S best I've managed going down the A9 and driving within and below the speed limits is 45.4mpg.

TBH I am a bit disappointed in the MPG but put it down to the car being a bit under powered in 6th gear so the engine has to work harder to keep the speed up. The cover has done over 1700 miles now so should be losse enough by now to get good mpg will see in another couple thousand miles or so.

illegalhunter
15th February 2007, 11:29 PM
1700 miles its nearly time to sell fi lol

Scottie
15th February 2007, 11:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

1700 miles its nearly time to sell fi lol

no not mine but to be honest may sell Allan's as we are going to take the rest of the year off and re think what we want to do where we want to live blah blah blah.

Depending on what we decide to do we may be selling all our cars.:eek:;):p

The Dogfather
16th February 2007, 12:54 AM
Dibs on the S ;)

Craig
16th February 2007, 02:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Dibs on the S ;)

you better be quick then....;)

sharpy
16th February 2007, 05:04 AM
The fuel consumption is pretty good, can't say exact mpg but where I put £48 in a 3 series (1.9 engine), the mini does the same mileage for under £30. If only the mini had the torque of the less powerful 1.9, 85,000 mile 3 series engine

sharpy
16th February 2007, 05:06 AM
PS Good luck if you have size 13 feet, the steering column and brake pedal is a bind with size 11

SarahMunro
19th February 2007, 07:53 PM
My size 3 feet fit perfectly in my mini! :p