PDA

View Full Version : Collecting new car on Sat!! **updated**

pamelab21
12th February 2007, 06:32 PM
Hi all

Thanks to all for advice and help given whenever I posted on your forums you have always been quick to help. You are a very friendly bunch :D
I have placed a deposit on a Mini Cooper in pepper white, with black roof, mirrors and bonnet stripes. Going to collect it this Sat, hope all goes well. Have to travel over 300 miles to get it so better be worth it!
It has all the extras I wanted, panoramic sunroof, air con, cruise control, multi function steering wheel, upgraded 17" alloys, half leather, parking sensors (although I really shouldn't need them!) heated mirrors and washers.
Can't wait!! :cool:

Thanks again
Pamela

updated
here are the details of the car
http://www.churchsperformancecars.co.uk/stock_index.asp
please avoid this Mini, as you will see from my posts below this is not an honest dealer and the car has been in some kind of accident and has a history not showing on any HPI checks. High spec on this car but at what cost. Hope this helps someone!

Craig
12th February 2007, 06:40 PM
Good Stuff :approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove:

remember the pics once you get it.. :D

KenL
12th February 2007, 07:14 PM
Excellent. The car sounds really smart.

illegalhunter
12th February 2007, 08:49 PM
now your a real member of the cyber mini modding madness now just the driving bit

AndyP & Lenore
13th February 2007, 04:21 AM
Your car sounds very nice Pamela. As Craig says... We want piccies!!! when you have it home.:D

A.:D

Mark R
13th February 2007, 04:47 AM
Nice choice, always a colour combination I've wanted.

pamelab21
18th February 2007, 07:36 PM
update

travelled 450miles yesterday to get this car, don't know if I'm allowed to name the lying two faced car dealer, the car has had a bad respray on the passenger door, the door was mis aligned and there was evidence of overspray. the rubber seals at the windows were not lined up either and were different on each side of the car. Paint work had a rippled effect.
We felt the car had a story, only 12000 miles and 3 year old car, the inside of the car was very dirty and dusty, evidence of moss on the window seals, from the cars last and only service from what we could see (even thuogh it had the tlc pack) the car ad only done 4000 miles in approx 20 months.......very odd. Also there was bad cracking of the black bodywork from the bonnet to the roof at the windscreen, the windscreen pillars? (unsyure of the correct term sorry!) He tried to say it would be covered under warranty but not if BMW see it has has a respray they won't!
Got deposit back but out of pocket for petrol costs and another 900 miles added to my car for the journey there and back.
Car is located in Washington, West Suusex, avoid at all costs, the dealer said he wasn't bothered if we took it or not as he had another 5 peple lined up who would not notice its faults!
Are there any non acodent repaired cars out there?
Back to searching again!

Craig
18th February 2007, 07:44 PM
that's ridiculous :mad::mad::mad:

name and shame is what I say, that way no-one else will be caught out by this cowboy!. Who would even say to a customer "if you don't buy someone else will who can't see the faults" :eek:

I feel sorry fo you, but keep the chin up, that car will be out there for you.. I woudl contact the dealers local to you and give them the spec you want, if they are worth their salt, they will find a car for you:approve: AND it will be in proper condition with a year's warranty minimum with the MINI Cherished program..

Gismo
18th February 2007, 08:08 PM
Shocking, i'd be gutted having gone all that way :disapprove:

ianking
18th February 2007, 08:15 PM
Thats terrible. Imagine you had done the whole deal over the phone and got them to send it up on a transporter. At least you went to see it before you signed up.
Was it a MINI dealer.
P.S. I have a lovely 05 plate for sale. Will take a wee bid on it as well.

PACMAN
18th February 2007, 08:57 PM
like ian said.... lucky it didn't arrive on the transport or it would have been hard to return :disapprove::eek:

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2007, 09:10 PM
Pamela, you have been treated terribly. For everyone's sake you should definitely name and shame that dealer. Like Ian says.... Is it a Franchised MINI dealer? Or a non-franchised dealer who happened to have a MINI on his forecourt?

Stick with your search and like Craig says... get yourself into a couple of local dealers and tell them what your looking for.

A.:D

pamelab21
18th February 2007, 10:39 PM
Hiya

I'm afraid it was not a mini dealer, just a dealer who had a mini on his forecourt. I was going to name them but I need to pay my deposit back into the bank tomorrow and ensure it clears first. He said he wasn't sure how to refund a Mastercard, at least I have something to fall back on as I paid it by card should his chq be rubber.
Ian, I may be ineterested however I still have my car to sell now, it was going to be a trade in against the white mini but as it never happened I still have it.
Going to readvertise and see what happens then poss go private.

KenL
19th February 2007, 12:07 AM
I really feel for you, the way you were mis-treated is terrible. Looking on the bright side, at least you noticed and did not buy the car.

Good luck finding another car.

T6 KFR
19th February 2007, 12:28 AM
sorry to hear that.

Name and shame later the!

I think its always best buying from the dealer that specilises in the make of car you buy!

N12 JLK
19th February 2007, 06:46 AM
:(

Crombers
20th February 2007, 04:17 AM
:disapprove::( not good at all. At least you can reconcile with the fact that this poor wee MINI had a bit of history & was one to avoid. Hopefully this has not put you off & you WILL find a MINI that ticks all the boxes very soon. Oh & welcome to NMSland:approve:

monkimagic
20th February 2007, 09:26 PM
Wow, close call, but some poor bugger is gonna end up with that heap!

AndyP & Lenore
5th March 2007, 07:42 PM
Big difference between these two descriptions...

quote:Originally posted by pamelab21

..... the car has had a bad respray on the passenger door, the door was mis aligned and there was evidence of overspray. the rubber seals at the windows were not lined up either and were different on each side of the car. Paint work had a rippled effect.
We felt the car had a story, only 12000 miles and 3 year old car, the inside of the car was very dirty and dusty, evidence of moss on the window seals, from the cars last and only service from what we could see (even thuogh it had the tlc pack) the car ad only done 4000 miles in approx 20 months.......very odd. Also there was bad cracking of the black bodywork from the bonnet to the roof at the windscreen, the windscreen pillars? (unsyure of the correct term sorry!) He tried to say it would be covered under warranty but not if BMW see it has has a respray they won't!

quote:From Churches Performance Cars web site

..... Really nice spec'd Cooper in gorgeous Pepper White with Black Roof, mirror caps and bonnet stripes. Extras include; Chilli Pack, 17" COOPER S ALLOYS, ELECTRIC PANORAMIC SUNROOF, AIR CONDITIONING, Leather rimmed Multi function steering wheel, Rear park distance control, Cruise control. Immaculate one owner car.

Sounds like you had a lucky (but expensive) escape Pamela.:eek:

A.:(

euan
5th March 2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, esp when you read the "about us" section:

"We put careful thought into our descriptions whether spoken or written & avoid using wild exaggerations such as “mint condition”, in our opinion best saved only for the brand new."

So does "immaculate" mean bad respray and accident damaged?

duncan
5th March 2007, 07:59 PM
A wee phonecall to the local trading standards would probably be a good idea too.

pamelab21
5th March 2007, 08:08 PM
I wasn't sure about the Trading Standards part as he claimed not to have noticed all the things that we pointed out to him. (Including a gouge out the wall of one of the runflat tyres!!)
I just took it to be a lucky escape from a dodgy dealer.

weefossy
5th March 2007, 10:28 PM
Pamela, write up a speck of what your looking for and put a price on it. e mail it to loccal dealers with detailed speck of your trade in and see what they come up with. Even if they don't have a suitable car at the moment, their stock changes every day. Brian at Dunedin has done this very sucessfully for us and i am sure Clare could do so as well.

pamelab21
5th March 2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks weefossy but I should hopefully be collecting my Cooper S tomorrow night from a local dealer. So fingers crossed. Had to wait to get my private reg transfer on it so all going well heading there after work tomorrow!

zimbo
5th March 2007, 11:13 PM
Cool :D Hope you enjoy the new car finally Pamela. You'll need to post up pics once you've got them.