PDA

View Full Version : Klasse All in One

vintageb3
11th February 2007, 08:17 AM
My R95's are going away tomorrow to get the kerbing sorted out caused by the previous owner....so I got round to putting my 15" pepper pot winter wheels on today.

I was surprised by how much better they look on the car than I imagined. Took them out for a spin....and the ride was so much better than the 18"s.

Anyway, I gave the 15"s a coat of Klasse All in One. Really easy to put on and buffs to a shine...although I understand now what they mean on some of the forums when they say its an "acrylic shine".

It made the silver alloys shine and feel smooth as hell...like silk....and after I had taken it for a spin to get the wheels dirty...the dirt just hosed off.

I used it on the chrome...the chrome came up AMAZING!!!! The chrome doesn't now smudge with finger-marks etc.

I also tried a small panel of the car. My car is Black II. I think the paintwork would have to be perfect before using Klasse AIO. I'm not sure if I like the finish that I got on that panel...but after the car is machined polished tomorrow, I will give the car a coat of Klasse before moving onto something else to build layers.

I think Klasse will be amazing protection if nothing else.

I will post the results I achieve...

Thanks to Wul and Ken for their advice...

mark

sedgie
11th February 2007, 09:01 AM
LOL my car got cleaned a week ago!....came hame fae work n hubby was washin n waxing his car....i said you can do mine noo!....he threw a bucket o water over it!....thats it....clean!:p:D:D

vintageb3
12th February 2007, 06:10 AM
That's what I hope to do Lesley when all this work is done!:D

OK...car has been machined polished...and I stuck a coat of Klasse ALL in One on.

I was underwhelmed with the finish to be honest...or should I say I was underwhelmed with the finish on a black car. I think on a silver car...Klasse would be very acceptable.

The guy that polished my car used pro polishes with a rotary and 3M foam applicators.

He used a wax polish as part of his method to remove the cutting polish residue. It looked good until I put on the Klasse. It became patchy looking with a white mask over it. This may be partly due to the cold and viewing the car under artificial light...but it certainly didn't look as good as his wax finish. The Klasse was not reacting with the wax...it was not a reaction type whiteness. I think Klasse just doesn't have any body to it....but then again...body is not what Klasse is for.

It did feel good to the touch though....truly a polymer finish...so I know that the paint is protected.

I was running out of time tonight, but I did try some #21 Meguairs on one little panel. Only left it 5 minutes to haze over...and then buffed it up. WOW! it was like wet paint...such a deep deep colour tone and deep reflections with really good definition to the reflection.

SO....three coats of that are going on....don't think I will need real wax!

I have read that #21 is the pro version of NXT Tech wax...and its more durable than Tech Wax. Not sure if this is correct, but I'm well impressed with my little test area.

Klasse is going to be used on my wheels...chrome...glass...rubber etc...

mark

sedgie
12th February 2007, 06:26 AM
Mark..
When i clean my car properly...i use Meguiars deep crystal polish then Meguiars gold class wax...but that takes me a whole day...without any machines:dead:...but that doesnae happen very much!:p:D:D...especially no this time o year;):cool::D

N12 JLK
12th February 2007, 07:17 AM
oh no no rotary polishing , your car will be full of swirl marks:disapprove:

vintageb3
12th February 2007, 08:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

nope

mark

KenL
12th February 2007, 06:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

I thought rotary polishing (when done correctly) was the method for getting RID of swirls?

euan
12th February 2007, 06:09 PM
I think you need to know what your doing to use a rotary polisher - if you do you get a good result, if you don't it's got more swirls than a whirlpool.

I think Wul had one for a while?

Wul
13th February 2007, 04:14 AM
I had a Porter Cable - it's a random orbital polisher as opposed to a rotary polisher. Professional bodywork guys use rotary's they keep it moving over the paint and use different grades of compund until the paint is like a mirror.

The PC was good - got rid of it as I could neve get parked close enough to the house to use it! 8)

vintageb3
13th February 2007, 05:29 AM
The guy that worked my car was a pro=no swirl marks. He told me he used the same procedure and machine etc. on an F40.

As you guys have said...and I agree...you have to know what you are doing with a rotary polisher. I was given a shot of the rotary. My mate knows I'm used to power tools with my trade...and explained what to do...and I had watched him do a few panels. Have to say...it wouldn't scare me using one in future. Its all common sense really. And as he said " you would have to do something stupid to damage the paint...and if you don't have any idea what stupid things you could do...don't even try to pick up a polisher".

I'd like a Porter and Cable, but don't think I need it just now....

Took the car out today during my lunch and power washed the polish stuck in the crevices as I was directed. The polish used was water soluble...so washed away easily.

In daylight...the car looked great...and Klasse does give a decent finish. The paint work now looks good. It looks so good now that I can see a few stone chips that were missed...minor stuff that we knew we would have to take care of. Bad light at this time of year...and so this is understandable.

But....tonight I managed to get a coat of Meguiars #21 on...WOW!!!! what a difference! Depth of reflection...definition...darker colour!

I think one more coat could make the paint "pop" but I'm going for two more coats at least.

Then I can put the bloody thing in the garage and forget about it for a while!;)

mark

KenL
13th February 2007, 05:55 AM
Two things to note about applying Klasse AIO by hand.

1. Use a VERY small amount. Wipe on and then wipe off, without using much, if any, pressure. I use a damp Meguiars foam applicator to put it on and a soft micro-fibre towel to remove it. It doesn't really layer but it is worth applying a second coat in case you miss any bits.

2. It can give a sort if "un-natural" finish. It looks shiny but not deep, lustrous like a real wax can. I would say it leaves a similar finish to Autoglym Extra Gloss.