PDA

View Full Version : How long to travel to

Scottie
8th February 2007, 04:13 AM
Rutland Square Edinburgh. to be there for 9am Friday morning.??

Oh and where is the best place to park.??

Monsta Mo Mini
8th February 2007, 04:18 AM
Where are you starting from? But be advised if you need to be in the city centre for 9, you'll need to be passing the Gyle or The FRB by 8am. It takes about 45mins on average from either of these points...and Mondays are always worse than normal.

Castle Terrace Car Park - Rutland Square is short term only.

Scottie
8th February 2007, 04:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Where are you starting from? But be advised if you need to be in the city centre for 9, you'll need to be passing the Gyle or The FRB by 8am. It takes about 45mins on average from either of these points...and Mondays are always worse than normal.

from Larbert. how short is short term only going for a interview so shouldn't be to long.

vintageb3
8th February 2007, 04:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

from Larbert. how short is short term only going for a interview so shouldn't be to long.

My advice?

Leave your car at a railway station and get the train. Get off at Haymarket...then short walk.

Craig
8th February 2007, 05:09 AM
Fiona , I agree with Mark. Get the train from Larbert (pretty much door to door) and much less hassle. The car park in Castle Terrace is VERY expensive from the last time I used it.

The train ticket will still be less than the parking fee! ;):approve::approve:

Scottie
8th February 2007, 05:16 AM
use public transport :eek:

H'mm not sure I've got the time to get the train. need to back @ Falkirk for 10.30AM

I could get Allan to drop me off but he has a appointment with Carlo and he's not missing that.;);)

Craig
8th February 2007, 05:19 AM
what about a compromise... what not park at south gyle train station and get the train the 5 min run into Haymarket...?

then it's easier to get back out of town to make 10:30 at Larbert..

Scottie
8th February 2007, 05:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

what about a compromise... what not park at south gyle train station and get the train the 5 min run into Haymarket...?

then it's easier to get back out of town to make 10:30 at Larbert..

will it be safe to leave my Mini there and where exactly is South Gyle train station come to that where is Rutland Sq

Neil and Lorna
8th February 2007, 06:16 AM
Fi

You should be able to find an on street space nearby.
Time will probably restricted to 2 hours max, expect to pay about £1.80 per hour.

When you come in from the west you will find that West Maitland Street and Shandwick Place on the map below is actually the very start or end of the A8 depending on which it is. You cant miss Atholl Crescent which will be on your right. Semicircular expensive looking buildings.

http://www.multimap.com/map/places.cgi?client=public&lang=&advanced=true&db=GB&overviewmap=&keepicon=true&addr2=rutland+square&addr3=edinburgh&pc=

Good luck.

Neil.

X30YES
8th February 2007, 07:04 PM
Parking ...Use the Park and Ride at /near the airport