PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new job is a minefield of nerves

Scottie
6th February 2007, 07:47 AM
Never had to apply for a job in my 26 years of work. I've got to say it is a daunting task this applying for jobs never mind going for interviews. Funny feeling as I used to be the one doing interviews.

2 days in and I've lined up 4 interviews Friday being the first a bit nervous I must say cause I'm buggered if I would employ me.

really just trying to get a feel of the whole process I'll be shocked if I get offered a job as I don't want to start working again until September.

Crombers
6th February 2007, 08:23 AM
I havent even started to apply for any posts yet (finished up 31/12 & me too 26yrs) , relax & step away for a bit, it's good for you :approve:

Big Col
6th February 2007, 04:19 PM
Fi the only advice I can offer is just relax, try and enjoy it and don't be yourself. ;)

The Dogfather
6th February 2007, 04:44 PM
It's not easy especially when you're 270 miles from the place you're trying to find work

Big Gordy
6th February 2007, 05:50 PM
Just relax and be truthful;) Don't tell porkies to try and impress as it will only come back and bite you on the ass later if you get the job. Been made redundant soooooooooooooooooooooo many times I'm getting to the stage I actually enjoy the interviews:I Sick ain't it:dead:;) :p:D:approve:

zimbo
6th February 2007, 11:53 PM
I'll be going throught this process shortly too, once I know when NCR wants me to go out the door!!

I must admit I am NOT looking forward to interviews either...:(

Scottie
7th February 2007, 03:56 AM
will try my best. I am taking encouragement from the fact that my CV is attracting some attention.

Put my CV in this morning for a job and got a call this evening to go for a interview.

One thing getting the interview another getting the job.

Now my next worry is what to wear for the interview. Ok for you guys a suit and your sorted.8)

Scottie
7th February 2007, 03:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

I'll be going throught this process shortly too, once I know when NCR wants me to go out the door!!

I must admit I am NOT looking forward to interviews either...:(

tell me about. I found the hardest thing so far was getting my CV done

Mini Me
7th February 2007, 04:01 AM
Just flash your iccle smile , and they'l hire you Fe...:p:p
Be yourself,and relax, if it's for you, you'l get it !

Scottie
7th February 2007, 04:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

Just flash your iccle smile , and they'l hire you Fe...:p:p
Be yourself,and relax, if it's for you, you'l get it !

be myself you mean talk alot of bulls1t;) well that is what my current team of girls say I do:eek::eek:

Mini Me
7th February 2007, 04:35 AM
team off girls eh !!!!!! i want me one of them:p

Scottie
7th February 2007, 04:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

team off girls eh !!!!!! i want me one of them:p

really that's a team of girls age 50 something;)

Craig
7th February 2007, 04:53 AM
Fi, were you at work today, did you get my email ?:D

Scottie
7th February 2007, 04:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Fi, were you at work today, did you get my email ?:D

at work but computer no working waiting on the help desk fixing it. should be working tomorrow.

Craig
7th February 2007, 04:57 AM
nae bother - just a wee update on the problem..:D