PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day for Allan & I

Scottie
5th February 2007, 10:06 PM
one awful day it has been.

See my username came about from me owning our Scottie Saunders. I use the name in any forums I am part off.

Saunders hasn't really been well for the past year and in the last couple of days sadly he had got really ill.

Today we done the most humane thing and we got him put down. Anyone that really knows me will know that my dogs are my kids and I can't begin to tell you what I am feeling.:(:(

Fellow dog owners will understand where I am coming from and it was really one of the heardest things to do.

Anyway don't know why but I wanted to share the news.

Fi.

Big Col
5th February 2007, 10:07 PM
Awww no Fi. :( Still...if the lil feller wasn't well then he'd thank you for it. God rest his wee tail.

ianking
5th February 2007, 10:10 PM
Sorry to here the news.
I remember when we had to get out King Charles put down, it was very sad.

duncan
5th February 2007, 10:54 PM
I know what you're going through.

Best wishes.

Craig
5th February 2007, 11:25 PM
Sorry to hear that Fi :disapprove:, as you say, they are your kids...

Chin up..

SarahMunro
5th February 2007, 11:46 PM
Sorry to hear that :(
Just think he is in doggy heaven eating as many treats as he can :D

X30YES
5th February 2007, 11:48 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news Fi , as you said you did the most humane thing

The Dogfather
6th February 2007, 12:52 AM
Bugger, I'm gutted for you, although if he was suffering then you've done the right thing.

I know exactly what you mean about a dog being like a child...........

Gismo
6th February 2007, 01:42 AM
What they all say Fi

stoney
6th February 2007, 01:45 AM
sorry 2 here that fi but he is in the best place now

euan
6th February 2007, 01:58 AM
Yup - same sentiments here. Sorry to hear that Fi.

sedgie
6th February 2007, 02:19 AM
Awww really sorry to hear that....i had to put my last black lab to sleep...so i know exactly how you feel:(:(:(

AndyP & Lenore
6th February 2007, 03:28 AM
Really sorry to hear that Fi. We're the same with our dog being like our kid. Had to let one go just over a year ago and it was the hardest thing we've ever had to do. You have our complete sympathy and understanding.:(:(:(

A & L.

gill
6th February 2007, 05:08 AM
Sorry to hear about your wee doggie Fi .... we know how much our ugly mutts mean to us!!!

Anyway, sympathies from the fellow doggie owners .... :(

Neil and Lorna
6th February 2007, 05:51 AM
Sorry to hear the news Fi.

We know how sad it can be to loose a beloved pet.

Thinking of you.

Neil and Lorna.

vintageb3
6th February 2007, 07:32 AM
Fiona and Allan....I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

People that haven't gone through this can't understand what it is like to, a) lose your wee friend, b) be asked to make that trip to the vets and be told the option laid out before you.

I've always said "Dogs?...they are only human"

Maybe as wee celebration of Saunders life...you can give a nice wee Scottie puppy a new home? I'm not suggesting a replacement...but you can look at it as you giving a new wee doggie a good home for the rest of its life.

That can't be a bad thing can it?

mark

Scottie
6th February 2007, 07:42 AM
thanks guys.
:kiss::kiss:

VintageB3 already got Scottie Junior (now 2 years of age) his name is Archie and has been on a few Mini runs

Crombers
6th February 2007, 08:31 AM
So sorry to hear Fi , I,m gutted for the two of you.
I've been there twice & it is the hardest thing I have even had to do. My first wee girl (Katie) collapsed whilst out walking (Xmas Eve 1985, aged 13 / kidneys had packed in). Vet kept her going til Boxing Day & I/we then had to do the hardest thing ever.
Lets just say that she had a fantastic xmas day <wipes tear from eye> & that's what I now tend to remember most , the happy times.