PDA

View Full Version : Help! Too Much Information!

princesscriminal
5th February 2007, 06:59 PM
Hi

I know that it's probably here in all different threads but I just wanted to have a definitive guide on the products to use on my MC. At the moment I have a very set routine using the following products:

I wash my car once a week with Megs NXT Shampoo - using two bucket method and washmitt
I dry the car with a Megs Water Magnet towel
Megs NXT metal polish on my exhaust
Clean wheels with shampoo and then wax
Megs Black stuff (I don't know what it's called) on my trims
Megs Hot Shine on my tyres

Once a month - I wax the car using NXT Tech Wax

Once every 6 months use Megs Clay Bar on car

Okay so that's it - please tell me where I could improve on this? I have a red/white MC and want him to look the business!

Thanks in advance

Jay x

Wul
5th February 2007, 08:13 PM
Hey Jay - your routine sounds pretty good to me - are you happy with the results it leaves?

The only tweak i would make is after the Clay every 6 months, polish the car before applying NXT Techwax - this will remove any marring from the clay and improve the gloss - products like Megs Clear Coat Body Scrub, Sonus paint cleanser, or AG super resin polish should do the trick.

:)

Mon the fish
6th February 2007, 01:11 AM
Maybe a wee bit of Megs Carnuba after you wax, just to make it really shine :cool:

princesscriminal
7th February 2007, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the information, very useful as always

Wul - should you use polish every 3 months rather than the 6 months that I clay. In answer to your question about am I happy with the results, I am but I just want to go that wee bit further if that makes sense!

Thanks to Gordon for your advice on Carnuba wax - seen the other thread about P21s and Megs, so I'll make a decision and go for it.

Maybe I should post a pic on the site and see what you think.

Thanks again

Jay x

Mon the fish
8th February 2007, 01:35 AM
Waxing once a month should be fine, and polishing every 3 months should be fine too. After washing, run the back of your hand along the paint. If it's not as smooth as glass, it needs polished (and maybe clayed, if it feels rough).

Hope that helps :D

Wul
8th February 2007, 02:29 AM
What ^^^^^^^ says :)