Burple
19th January 2004, 11:16 PM
Any Python fans out there???

'Course there are...

http://www.antra.dk/montypythonlg.mov

:D:D:D

Monsta Mo Mini
19th January 2004, 11:31 PM
Christ!!!..and I thought I had too much time on my hands!

BRILLIANT! Just bought the Holy Grail DVD the other week - We could do a Holy Grail Run which would be very similar to the Glen Coe Run from last year....but with coconut shells :D

Willie M
20th January 2004, 12:07 AM
Good idea Calum. It would be great to go and visit Caer Bannog's (sp?) lair :approve: After talking to you I went out and bought the DVD too. The 'lego' feature had me in absolute stitches :D

Big Gordy
20th January 2004, 12:17 AM
My kids love 'The Holy Grail' (the Black Knight bit is hilarious :p) and 'The Life of Brian' (is brian coming out ? - NO he's been a very naughty boy) :p:D:approve: <getting some strange looks while typing this and laughing at the same time> :I:D

Burple
20th January 2004, 01:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Christ!!!..and I thought I had too much time on my hands!

BRILLIANT! Just bought the Holy Grail DVD the other week - We could do a Holy Grail Run which would be very similar to the Glen Coe Run from last year....but with coconut shells :D

Oooooooh... now THERE'S an idea....
How many of you know the castle that's used as Camelot in the 'Holy Grail'?????

It's DOUNE CASTLE!! And we passed it only a few weeks back on the Festive run.....
A future NMS Stop Off???? - as the (fully laden) Swallow flies?
:D:D:D:D:cool::cool:
any other Film locations we could visit on our travels? :D;):cool:

(Ni!!!!) ;)

BOB
20th January 2004, 03:49 AM
I watched life of brian and the holy grail over christmas. My brother has the box set on dvds and i couldnt stop laughing. :D:) I love life of brian. the knight bit is good in the holy grail.

We are the knights who go ni!!! :D:)

BOB
20th January 2004, 03:53 AM
"any other Film locations we could visit on our travels?"

Ummm how about you take a trip to the beach where lochness was filmed.:) Its by a pub called the Moffat Arms. I cant remember where abouts it was now. I think it might have been Loch lomand??? Not to sure now tho.

macblob
20th January 2004, 04:05 AM
Class, liked that one hehehehe.

BRIAN lets go to the stoning...........

GAJ
20th January 2004, 04:16 AM
I got the DVD box set too - The Holy Grail, Life Of Brian and Live at the Holywood Bowl. It was only about a tenner too!

Gismo
20th January 2004, 04:19 AM
All brilliant, the stoning reminded me of the classic conk face scene :D:D

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
20th January 2004, 04:43 AM
We've already done most of the more noteable film locations over the past year. Doune Castle (MP&THG), Glen Coe (MP&THG, Highlander, Rob Roy, Dragonheart, Harry Potter and loads more....) Fort William (Braveheart), Eilean Donnan (Highlander, Rob Roy), Castle Duart (MP&THG), Skye..(lots!), Laggan (Monarch of the Glen). HOWEVER, we've never done a film themed run before....

Burple
20th January 2004, 06:27 AM
Oh no...I'm thinking now....(that could be dangerous... ;))
What about a Film Location Theme run.... where we have to stop and act out a still picture from the film which was erm.... filmed at that spot?? ;);):D:D
heh heh heh....

Willie M
20th January 2004, 04:57 PM
Great idea Ln'L1. All we need now are some 'volunteers', heh, heh :D Wouldn't need to worry about a lunch stop. We could all bring our own 'ham and jam, and spam (a lot)' :clown:
Oh, and incidentally.... 'I demand a shrubbery'!!!

Big Gordy
20th January 2004, 05:34 PM
You better speak to 'Roger,the Shrubber' then hadn't you :p:D:approve:

frizzie__kizzie
24th January 2004, 04:57 AM
I've been 2 Doune Castle! We won't even need 2 take coconuts if there's a run because the gift shop has a set (dont ask me how or why i know this)

:clown::kiss::I

Burple
24th January 2004, 07:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by frizzie__kizzie

I've been 2 Doune Castle! We won't even need 2 take coconuts if there's a run because the gift shop has a set (dont ask me how or why i know this)
:clown::kiss::I

Actually I know about that too...
THere was a news story on Yahoo (or somewhere) about it a few weeks ago too... there have been loads of people visiting the place trying to re-enact the film :D:D Even some Americans throwing a cuddly-toy cow over the battlements!
" Fetchez la vache!!" heh heh heh...:D:D