PDA

View Full Version : Badge Theft !!!!

silver son
19th January 2004, 09:14 PM
Any one else had the badges ripped of their cars by the delightful Nedford McSchemie types in enormous trousers?
Left my car at my friends flat in Leith while we went running and came back to a badgeless car:disapprove::dead::(

Wouldnt be so bad if they hadnt damaged the paintwork while jamming the screwdriver in behind the badges , but alas , they have:(

Now im old enough to remember the beastie boys VW badge craze but wasnt aware that the Mini was under a similar type of threat:question:

In hindsight i'm quite glad i didnt catch them in the act as i think i'd be up 'the big hoose' at Saughton by now with a big grin on my face:evil:

Fontal
19th January 2004, 09:34 PM
Why can't people leave things alone in this country:mad::mad:
Imagine if we went around and started ripping the sleeves if their fancy jackets B4573805 :mad:

Rant over, they have a habit of that up here and they think that nothing is wrong with it.

Wul
19th January 2004, 10:34 PM
What a nightmare of a first post! The gits deserve their knuckles burst!

Welcome to NMS silver son - hopefully your luck will get better from here on!

Monsta Mo Mini
19th January 2004, 11:27 PM
quote:Why can't people leave things alone in this country

Because they don't get punished and do what they like...but if a hard working, law-abiding individual even lay a finger on one of the little f*ckers you'd have their social worker calling for you to be put away for life for abusing a 'disadvantaged individual'.
<phew> needed that!

Sorry to hear about the bad luck mate. There are a few of us on here that are Leithers and just about everyone of us had our car damaged in some way by the delightful fake sportswear clad individuals so common around these parts.

Feed them to their pitbulls!:mad:

Big Col
19th January 2004, 11:29 PM
Hey! The pitbulls have had a hard enough life without being fed crap like that.

macblob
19th January 2004, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear about that, but welcome to NMS.

I just had my passenger mirror broken by some wee ned last week while
the car was on Pilrig st just along from my flat.

I think id ive been in the big hoose wif ya if id caught the wee Bas**rds

GAJ
20th January 2004, 01:05 AM
When I was at the dealers speccing my car someone phoned up to get a quote for new badges as they had theirs stolen while the car was in the Ocean Terminal carpark.
I often have a quick look to make sure mine are still there when I go back to the car.

yiponwah
20th January 2004, 02:11 AM
Yeh Man I understand how u feel. Hate it when they scratches the car.. Oh the nerds who steal dust caps too..

3GGG
20th January 2004, 03:11 AM
Sorry to hear about that - as you say its not the badges so much as the damage that they do while removing them.
What badges was it that they stole? The Winged Mini emblems or the Cooper letters?

Bazthemod
20th January 2004, 03:16 AM
Excellant point MMM they get away with murder because they know that no-one can touch them, they tell their low life parents that someone abused them and the parents are straight to the police with ££££ in their eyes. I hate bloody neds my schools full of the little s*its! last week they buttered the teachers cars!:eek: and let down all their tyres. it only gives the rest of us bad names for being young!:mad:

dundonian
20th January 2004, 07:59 AM
Sorry to hear about the badge theft, both front and back badges were pinched last year from my car, along with a Renault badge from a Clio. Reported it to the police, and give them their due we got the Clio badge back last week.

Was in the local paper that two school pupils had been reported to the Childrens Panel. They were selling the badges at school with Audi, Porsche, etc badges selling for £1 with outers going for 50p. They even managed to get a Rolls-Royce silver lady by kicking it off the bonnet!!

silver son
21st January 2004, 08:45 PM
[quote]Originally posted by 3GGG

Sorry to hear about that - as you say its not the badges so much as the damage that they do while removing them.
What badges was it that they stole? The Winged Mini emblems or the Cooper letters?

It was the winged badges , front & back.
Had my dustcaps nicked too often and now have nice silver lockable ones!
Must say it does make me smile to come back to the car and see the finger marks in the brake dust when they have been trying to steal them - the outside of the cap spins so it appears to be coming off.

Would love to see the confused look on their faces - before i slapped it obviously:evil: !!

Thanks for all the notes of support:)

GAJ
21st January 2004, 10:15 PM
I've always been a bit worried that they will get frustrated and take a key down the side!

silver son
21st January 2004, 10:19 PM
UPDATE !!

Called the dealer ( Eastern ) today and was told that they have replaced three sets of Mini badges TODAY !!

Looks like this is becoming a problem :dead:

Cost for each badge is £13.95 inc VAT

macblob
22nd January 2004, 01:51 AM
I thought about about the locking dust caps to but had the same concern about them as Gaj.

I put black plastic caps on and they never get touched as i went through about 5 sets of normal silver ones.

Locking dust caps equals fustrated wee ned wiff na brain in the 1st place running something sharp down the car.