PDA

View Full Version : Warranty almost expired

ajamesj
2nd February 2007, 06:23 AM
Is there any major part I should check before my warranty expires. In the past month I have had a t/r/end replaced and an Engine mount. Anything else I might be better checkin so I can get it fixed before its going to cost me.

Andy

Gorbash12346
2nd February 2007, 06:30 AM
does the steering column grate when turned or click???
steering wheel peeling?
seats all move correctly and smoothly?
carpets all dry? check the front footwells and the boot
thats the common ones

illegalhunter
3rd February 2007, 03:55 AM
mini will love you gorbash

duncan
3rd February 2007, 04:01 AM
Headlights not aligning - faulty motors - and rear brake discs/calipers binding are common MOT failures.

Hadi
3rd February 2007, 04:18 AM
hand brake gaitor ripped

Gorbash12346
7th February 2007, 05:26 AM
hehe it's not mini who pay anymore warranty is now run by an outside company who are trying their best to make a profit... there have been mentions of excesses and the like [:S]

james f
7th February 2007, 07:31 AM
EXTENED IT WITH BMW i cant say how much i regret not extending mine as ive got a warrntys direct and given the chioce i would have taken bmw yes its more yes it has a bigger exess per claim but in the end it costs more as with bmw you get the breakdown cover as well and you dont have to claim it back later like with warrntys direct

ELFMAN
7th February 2007, 09:14 PM
I put mine in for a 'Pre-Expiry' check, at Douglas Park MINI, Hamilton in December, pointing out a few things (very slight knock in steering going from lock 2 lock while static / discoloured rear numberplate / corroded Spotlight Mounts. Got: new Steering Column (this seems to be a fairly common fault), new Track Rod-End (which they spotted - shows somebody was doing their job), New Spotlights at Cost (ie. purchase cost only - no fitting etc, they had a 2 yr warranty which was up a year ago!), new rear Plate. I thought that was a pretty decent outcome. (I'd also just spent £4K on JCW Engine & Seats mind you...). So - ANYTHING you can think of, ask them to have a look, and you might be surprised - depending on the dealer of course. As a wee bonus, my ENGINE is now covered for the next 2 years with the JCW kit.

I decided not to extend the BMW Warranty, as it was £560.00 or something PER ANNUM, and if you read what it DOESN'T cover, I didn't think it was worth it. I may be proved wrong - but that sort of money's serious for only a year. If the BMW Warranty had been £200.00 P/A or £500.00 for a 3 Year extension, I'd probably have gone for it, but they're just taking the p*ss at their price. Paying enough for Road Tax (which never goes near Lanarkshire roads!), Insurance and Petrol already! Hope some of that helps.

Gorbash12346
8th February 2007, 05:47 AM
yes the list of stuff it doesn't cover is ridiculous imo