PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while, but I got a wave today

DNV122
19th January 2004, 06:47 AM
Took the car out for a blast on my latest favourite road this afternoon. Started in Aberdeen and headed into the hills, where the snow was still lying (and made some of the corners where a bit tricky). Car was completely manky on return, giving me a good excuse to give it a good jet blast.

Couple in a DS MCS gave me a wave on Lang Stracht - SV52??? I think - was that you ?

Anyone want to join me on my next blast up this road ???

Tahra
19th January 2004, 05:27 PM
Hey Phil, we should be up that neck of the woods in a few weeks time so if youre free the Sunday we could have a "detour" before coming home......

Quik_Mini
20th January 2004, 01:18 AM
Tahra you from Inverness by any chance? Just on the off chance, you might be someone I know. Dont know many people called Tahra.

john
29th January 2004, 09:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122
Anyone want to join me on my next blast up this road ???

this is the thread for you

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=720

Linda M
29th January 2004, 10:24 PM
We've been getting quite a few waves recently :cool: I've started to take note of all the non wavers and they tend to be women about my age and older :eek: They never wave, just look straight through you :clown:

john
29th January 2004, 10:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

We've been getting quite a few waves recently :cool: I've started to take note of all the non wavers and they tend to be women about my age and older :eek: They never wave, just look straight through you :clown:

OLDER!!!!:eek::eek::D:D:D

Big Col
29th January 2004, 10:39 PM
<winces> oooh John I've learned not to say stuff like that. In the same way I'm beginning to learn to stop calling lnl short...they go scary!

KenL
29th January 2004, 10:57 PM

You're right there Linda.

Old bags never wave :eek::evil::D

KenL
29th January 2004, 10:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

You're right there Linda.

Old bags never wave :eek::evil::D

Oops - that might have not come out as intended. I meant women much older than a youngster like yourself :)

Burple
30th January 2004, 12:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
<winces> oooh John I've learned not to say stuff like that. In the same way I'm beginning to learn to stop calling lnl short...they go scary!

Excuse me!! :evil::evil:;)

I do believe the correct term is 'POSTAL!!'
tee hee hee hee...

:D:D:D:D:cool::evil:

broken_brian
30th January 2004, 01:11 AM
how are u gonna hurt someone with shinpads on then snice shins are the only bit that u can hit due to being SHORT heh heh :p:p

Linda M
30th January 2004, 01:53 AM
Hmmmm, I was expecting some 'smart' remarks :clown:

Tahra
30th January 2004, 09:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Quik_Mini

Tahra you from Inverness by any chance? Just on the off chance, you might be someone I know. Dont know many people called Tahra.

Nah sorry Im from darkest Fife - dont know anyone else with that spelling either since its not the "official" spelling and I invented it when I was at school. Oh well not unique any more..... I agree with Linda though, lots of unfriendly women espec in Edinburgh driving MINIs