PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Forums / Topics

weefossy
31st January 2007, 07:01 AM
Have we lost the temp topics...for ever?

If so thanks John,(Deerslayer) for the wheels. They are much better than you described. Hopefully the "Buffmeister Elves" will visit my garage tonight.

If not, who does a good refurb job in the Edinburgh area?

Monsta Mo Mini
31st January 2007, 07:19 AM
They're actually still there but as they were in the ACCESS db I can't merge them.

Gismo
31st January 2007, 07:23 AM
I was kinda getting used to the temp site ;) can we have it back again :p:clown:

Monsta Mo Mini
31st January 2007, 07:26 AM
Tell you what Alan-I'll set it up so you can have a wee forum all to yourself ;)

Gismo
31st January 2007, 07:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini
Tell you what Alan-I'll set it up so you can have a wee forum all to yourself ;)Sassin frassin mega mods, thinks he owns the site :p:D8):I

Crombers
31st January 2007, 07:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
Sassin frassin mega mods, thinks he owns the site :p:D8):I

Good one sir :D:D:D:D

minidriver#1
31st January 2007, 07:34 AM

They're actually still there but as they were in the ACCESS db I can't merge them.

This forum is running off an access database?!

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2007, 07:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

This forum is running off an access database?!

Don't think so. Was it not all transfered to some other type of database in December 2005?

Edit: Should also have said: Now KJ, put that stick away please. The site is back again, there's no need to go jabbing it again.;);););)

A.:D

sh@z
31st January 2007, 08:13 AM
Damn the 'Backup' thread has been deleted (or lost in the other database), no more move to a more upto date forum software! :p

Cmon Monsta, you know you wanna. The postmonkeys will get their posts upto the thousands in no time!

Gismo
31st January 2007, 08:19 AM
Whilst the site is running as smooth as it can ;) i quite like the format, it's easy to navigate and easy to moderate.
Mini2 is way too big and difficult to move around in, there are way too many forums, the downside to it's success????

Crombers
31st January 2007, 09:07 AM

Whilst the site is running as smooth as it can ;) i quite like the format, it's easy to navigate and easy to moderate.
Mini2 is way too big and difficult to move around in, there are way too many forums, the downside to it's success????

Not being a techno by any means I defo agree with Alan here as it is a breeze to use :approve:. Mini2 makes me dizzy & half the time I walk away as I cant be bothered.

sh@z
31st January 2007, 09:38 AM

Mini2 is a bad example as it is a badly designed forum... full stop.

I remember a couple of years back it used to be very easy to use, basically because the forums/subforums were much better designed. But essentially it used the same software (albeit older variants)

All of the rx8 forums (and other) I'm a member of use the software that has been mentioned (same as mini2) and they are MUCH better implemented than mini2. But i enjoy the community on NMS and have been on here for years and have felt for a while it may be time to update things a wee tad :p

Whilst the other software might not have the 'active topics' which many nms'ers love, it does have an unread topics function on all the forums I use where you can see all the new posts since your last visit which is essentially the same thing.

Anyway, I doubt again that we'll see any change but I just thought i'd put in my pennys worth.

illegalhunter
31st January 2007, 12:33 PM
you were welcome malcom i needed to get rid glad you liked

Craig
31st January 2007, 04:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Have we lost the temp topics...for ever?

If so thanks John,(Deerslayer) for the wheels. They are much better than you described. Hopefully the "Buffmeister Elves" will visit my garage tonight.

If not, who does a good refurb job in the Edinburgh area?

Malcolm, they are not in Edinburgh, but IPF Powdercoaters in Glenrothes are very good. used them for a set of wheels and very happy with the work and only £35 per wheel. Just not in Edinburgh.. ;)

Wul
31st January 2007, 04:43 PM
Malcolm - there's an outfit in livingston called RM Coatings who are supposed to be very good - www.rmcoatings.co.uk :)

There used to be a place in Dalkeith that did it too - but i think they've shutdown - they were in the wee industrial estate near the Council Offices

Wul
31st January 2007, 04:47 PM
Re the forum software - I still think switching to a more up-to-date version is a good idea - especially if snitz falls over by adding any more forums now - then that easy to say for a technophobe like me! 8)

Monsta Mo Mini
31st January 2007, 04:57 PM
The temporary forum was running of the old ACCESS database as the whole thing was prior to Dec 05 when we went over to MS SQL.

For our two ever present detractors ;), I'm still looking to move to vBulletin and as has been pointed out, will not be anything like as complicated as MINI2 which is completely unusable.

Scottie
31st January 2007, 05:56 PM
going from the old to the new. I would say is a good thing as long as there is no big panel gaps, the hi-fi uprade is fine, no transmission rumbles.:D:D:D;):p:p I'm sure Elfman would prefer the old forum.:eek:;):p

Wul
31st January 2007, 06:02 PM
Sorry boss - i'll get back in my box now! :p :D

Mini Ecosse
31st January 2007, 07:12 PM
I am pretty new to this forum thing, however I will say that this site is one of the easier ones I have been on to navigate around.:)

minidriver#1
1st February 2007, 06:40 AM
Dae it!

Craig
1st February 2007, 07:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

going from the old to the new. I would say is a good thing as long as there is no big panel gaps, the hi-fi uprade is fine, no transmission rumbles.:D:D:D;):p:p I'm sure Elfman would prefer the old forum.:eek:;):p

what it ya dobber...! ;)

shame they have sold my wee Knottie - might have done a swap...:D

Mon the fish
2nd February 2007, 01:28 AM
My 2p worth - I think the easiest forum to navigate is http://taboard.com

weefossy
2nd February 2007, 01:51 AM
Thanks guys for suggestions re wheels.

Don't understand all the other "crap" about websites:sleepy::sleepy:but I thoroughly enjoy using NMS and Mini2 is too big and a pain.:disapprove: All I wanted to do was post up about my new wheels.
As far as I'm concerned, carry on the good work Calum.