PDA

View Full Version : R56 Hifi Upgrade

Craig
19th January 2007, 04:44 AM
well after a search on MINI2, it would appear that the Hifi Guru that is Mikeythemini has confirmed that the HIFI upgrade is not worth the money.:disapprove::disapprove: He has found the same problem as me which is that the bass is pi$h. Like myself, if he tries to turn up the volume with any type of cd with deep bass, it just distorts without even getting to any serious amount of volume..:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:

wonder if I can retro fit the HK kit to the R56...:eek::D

Sweeney
19th January 2007, 04:45 AM
I'd say itd be worth a shot craig... surely it can't be that difficult. Disappointed to hear that they have went backwards with audio system quality, should've stuck with HK if you ask me, i always was dubious as to how good the "HiFi" would be.

Craig
19th January 2007, 04:49 AM
would have loved to, however HK was not an option for the R56. Only options were standard stereo or hifi upgrade...:disapprove:

Sweeney
19th January 2007, 04:53 AM
Yeah what i meant was Mini should have stuck with HK for the audio upgrade

Scottie
19th January 2007, 05:23 AM
I must have been lucky. Your welcome to listen to my Hi Fi upgrade any time Craig as i do not seem to have that problem:D

Although I have read some are reporting faulty speakers the middle speakers on doors.

I trust you have ran the speakers in:eek: before putting any real volume out and with any extra bass

ianking
19th January 2007, 05:26 AM
I plan on getting mikey the mini do sort out my hi fi on the R56 when it arrives

Craig
19th January 2007, 05:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I must have been lucky. Your welcome to listen to my Hi Fi upgrade any time Craig as i do not seem to have that problem:D

Although I have read some are reporting faulty speakers the middle speakers on doors.

I trust you have ran the speakers in:eek: before putting any real volume out and with any extra bass

run them in - never done that with any other speakers I've had and not had a problem...:(

KenL
19th January 2007, 05:58 AM
Well, Mikey has a business, so it is in his interest to dis-credit the standard kit!

Craig
19th January 2007, 06:01 AM
it's not in my interest tho... it really isn't as good as the HK kit that i had in my cooper... I REALLY wanted to enjoy this kit and was looking forward to it being better...

I'll use one of my CD's in your car Fiona when I get a chance and see if there is a problem with my car, or if the system really isn't up to the job...;)

james f
19th January 2007, 06:07 AM
i would treat the speakers and amp on it much like my hifi warm up properly and run in over a few weeks as after a month or so they sounded far better and after 4 years sound amazing all hifi stuff is like engines needs run in and looked after advice given to me by my mate who runs a sound tech company

Scottie
19th January 2007, 06:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

it's not in my interest tho... it really isn't as good as the HK kit that i had in my cooper... I REALLY wanted to enjoy this kit and was looking forward to it being better...

I'll use one of my CD's in your car Fiona when I get a chance and see if there is a problem with my car, or if the system really isn't up to the job...;)

or you could just be corn beef;):p the HK was crap paper cone rubbish.

KenL
31st January 2007, 04:56 AM
Jusy like to say I am impressed by the MINI upgrade, nice clear sound and enough bass for me.

illegalhunter
31st January 2007, 05:56 AM
take it back to menzie & make fuss they held it up for ages now your turn to give more earache look out claire

Craig
31st January 2007, 05:58 AM
may do John, got bigger problems at the moment, will wait to see how it pans out...:(

Scottie
31st January 2007, 06:03 AM

may do John, got bigger problems at the moment, will wait to see how it pans out...:(

not good.

I tried a dance CD today in the car and my left middle door speaker pops on my system which has the upgrade but Allan's boost system it was ok:(

good job I don't like dance music.

Hope everything gets sorted Craig.

Craig
31st January 2007, 06:04 AM
thanks Fi, likewise, hope you get your problems sorted... yours seem to be worse than mine..:(

illegalhunter
31st January 2007, 06:07 AM
so what bigger car probs have you got then craig

Scottie
31st January 2007, 06:08 AM

thanks Fi, likewise, hope you get your problems sorted... yours seem to be worse than mine..:(

not to worry. I'm all signed up to temp will be taking a few weeks of to get both houses sorted.

KenL
31st January 2007, 06:23 AM

Eh! What problems Fiona?

Scottie
31st January 2007, 06:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Eh! What problems Fiona?

your alright Kenl he is not talking about cars.:)

KenL
31st January 2007, 06:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Eh! What problems Fiona?

your alright Kenl he is not talking about cars.:)

Oh, sorry - hope you get whatever it is sorted OK.

mikeythemini
1st February 2007, 05:25 AM

Well, Mikey has a business, so it is in his interest to dis-credit the standard kit!

Yes but its not in my interest to lie.
p.s. a few posts have dissapeared from this thread. - mine & bonnie scotlands

Gismo
1st February 2007, 05:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by mikeythemini
Yes but its not in my interest to lie.
p.s. a few posts have dissapeared from this thread. - mine & bonnie scotlandsThe back up file we got must have been a few days prior to NMS crashing, but, you're right, my post on here did disappear :p