PDA

View Full Version : ECU remap- cooper s

snooze
18th January 2007, 05:59 PM
What is the best way to make my cooper s (2005) faster, plus its under warranty, would be good if it was undectectable. i heard ecu maps are the best, does anyone know how much more bhp i could get from one? thanks

illegalhunter
18th January 2007, 06:16 PM
about 8bhp martin sullivan can do one or bluefin

KenL
18th January 2007, 08:50 PM
A remap would not be undetectable if a dealer (or insurance company) really went looking for it, would it?

s12cot
18th January 2007, 09:44 PM
8hp is not really worth it - you wont even notice the power gain, i would say that a chip is only worth it if you have done some other mods e.g. exhust, induction kit etc this is when an ecu remap will really make the diff

KenL
18th January 2007, 09:47 PM
I am sceptical that an exhaust and induction kit could make a worthwhile difference either.

snooze
19th January 2007, 12:13 AM
so does any one know how to make them faster with out spending too much? thanks

stoney
19th January 2007, 04:05 AM
get smaler pullys of a manifold i have put the gtt on on my cooper s works and it has mad a dif the re map look at essentialmini.co.uk/CST1.htm it will take ur car 2 about 200bhp

bigcoyote
19th January 2007, 05:32 AM
Hey there,

Biggest bang for the buck ( pound ) - is the 15% pully for the supercharger - A good shop can do it in about 2-3 hours and the installed price should be less than $300.00 USD

Once you have the pully installed - then you have a choice.... you can have a dealer re-flash your ECU with the JCW program or you can get a aftermarket re-flash for the 15% pully - I drove around for about a year with the pully on the stock S program with no problems.

If you really want a non-detectable ecu mod check out the Unichip -- it is a removable system that does not modify the stock ecu -- it takes about 1 hour to install the first time then about 10-15 minutes to remove it / install it after that.
It is also re-programable so as you change / modify your MINI you can re-program the unichip for those mods -- I think there is about 16-20 different programs avail. for it now - with all kids of mods.
I decided on a used Unichip and had it re-programed for my MINI -- the difference is amazing - lots more power and alot smoother.

Just some food for thought -- good luck :cool: