PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help central belters maybe

Scottie
18th January 2007, 09:23 AM
I have the new Cooper S chrome tail pipe.

Wanted to fit it to my cooper.

However once we got the current chrome trim off we realised the Cooper exhaust pipe is bigger than what the S tail pipe is.

The chrome pipe will not fit over it's to small by about 3mm. so needing big heavy duty metal cutters or angle grinder to make a couple of slits in the exhaust pipe so we can re shape it. Hopefully this would work well Allan seems to think so.

Anyone got this type of equipment .???

stoney
18th January 2007, 04:23 PM
i have a angle grinder if u want a shot of it just a hand one tho small ish

Wul
18th January 2007, 05:48 PM
Ditto to Stone - got a 6" angle grinder your welcome to borrow Fi.

Gismo
18th January 2007, 05:50 PM
I reckon a good hacksaw would do the job Fi, but, not sure if you'd be happy with the way both ideas would work.
I would recommend taking your car to a recognised exhaust place (same place as Vidal took his car) get them to remove the tail pipe completely and then weld on a better sized pipe for the Chrome one you have to fit better ;)
I know that's what i would do.

Any slits in the pipe will allow exhaust gases to leak past and potentially cause a leak type sound :p

Big Col
18th January 2007, 05:53 PM
I agree with BS on this one Fi, and that hurts for me to say! ;)

Gismo
18th January 2007, 05:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I agree with BS on this one Fi, and that hurts for me to say! ;):p;):D:approve:

Bignorm
18th January 2007, 06:25 PM
hey fi now was my idea not a great one

KenL
18th January 2007, 08:09 PM
I take it there isn't one available that fits?

Scottie
19th January 2007, 03:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I reckon a good hacksaw would do the job Fi, but, not sure if you'd be happy with the way both ideas would work.
I would recommend taking your car to a recognised exhaust place (same place as Vidal took his car) get them to remove the tail pipe completely and then weld on a better sized pipe for the Chrome one you have to fit better ;)
I know that's what i would do.

Any slits in the pipe will allow exhaust gases to leak past and potentially cause a leak type sound :p

yeh that's what Allan wanted to do he thought of turiff tyres

X30YES
19th January 2007, 04:58 AM
Haksaw it then fit a clamp or jubilee clip