PDA

View Full Version : Room for a wee one?

r15col
18th January 2004, 01:54 AM
Hi, had a mini for a while now but just getting into the forum. Lots of good posts from what I've seen so far.:)

Live in Aviemore at the moment but moving nearer to Aberdeen soon, hope to meet up with some mini's in Aberdeen area when we get there.

Mini Coopers S Chili. Dark Silver Met, Chrome Exterior, mirrors. White lights. Plus a few bits extra inside.:D

Bazthemod
18th January 2004, 02:00 AM
welcome to the online mini fun house !

macblob
18th January 2004, 02:13 AM
Welcome to NMS

BOB
18th January 2004, 02:40 AM
Welcome to the mad house.!!!! :D:p:)

seany
18th January 2004, 02:50 AM
said before but, welcome to the site,i stay in inverness, go down to aviemore with work (tesco).

Fontal
18th January 2004, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the site, What kind of offshore tech are you?

r15col
18th January 2004, 05:05 PM
Thanks Everyone,

Seany, you say you are in Aviemore a lot with work. Do you use your mini, as I would probably have seen it about? We are in Tesco quite often. The mini is packed away in the Garage a lot at the moment but I am sure you will see us going about.

Fontal, I work on the BP Miller as a Mechanical Operations Tech. Going out to Azerbaijan shortly to work out there.

Big Gordy
18th January 2004, 05:36 PM
Mind and pack your thermals r15col :eek: It's bl**dy cold over there just now :p:D:approve: Oh welcome to the madness by the way ;)

seany
18th January 2004, 06:49 PM
r15col yeah i have used my mini for going to work, but some times the works car.

r15col
19th January 2004, 12:11 AM
Thankfully I am going to be based in London until I go out to Azerbaijan in August.:cool: I wonder if there is any Mini,s in Baku.:question:

Duncan Stewart
19th January 2004, 12:38 AM
Hi Colin and welcome to NMS. Helen and I are up in Aviemore a lot as her folks live in Kincraig. Think I might have seen your car parked in Aviemore before.

r15col
19th January 2004, 06:11 AM
Duncan, I do believe I have passed you once or twice in Aviemore. Most of the time when I am in Aviemore I am not actually in the Mini so it would be a bit stupid to flash or wave as mini drivers would wonder what I was flashing for.:I I have done it by accident a few times though. Don't know if I should say what my other vehicle is as it is certainly opposite to the Mini.

So do you give the mini a good run when you are in the area? If so where do you go or if you want I can let you know my favorites in the area.

Duncan Stewart
19th January 2004, 06:05 PM
Loads of good roads around there - I like the old A9 from Kingussie to Kincraig - great Mini road. Took my classic Mini from Aviemore, over the Lecht to Aberdeen last year - great fun.

r15col
19th January 2004, 08:18 PM
I do like the Lecht road to Aberdeen myself for a bit of fun. Another favorite of mine is the road over the Dava Moor to Nairn through Grantown and back Via Loch an Dorb through Carr Bridge, with a stop off for Sunday lunch at the Newton Hotel in Nairn. Highly recommended.

Willie M
19th January 2004, 09:51 PM
Welcome to NMS Colin, good to have you onboard :cool:

r15col
20th January 2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks Willie, like your site and can see you are definitely nut about your mini's.

Hope to meet you all on one of the runs one day, unfortunately I am offshore for the St Andrew meet.

GAJ
20th January 2004, 10:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by r15col

Don't know if I should say what my other vehicle is as it is certainly opposite to the Mini.

That's brilliant! I've not seen a Maxi for ages!;);):I

Welcome to NMS!

Mini Martyn
21st January 2004, 02:08 AM
What about an Austin Princess GAJ?? ;)

Welcome to the site Colin!