PDA

View Full Version : Rear Windscreen & Mud

Steve74
17th January 2004, 05:45 AM
I've just taken delivery (1 week + 500 miles) of my new MCS which is excellent except I've noticed one thing - the rear windscreen seems to have an issue with dirt being thrown up of the rear wheels. I can see that the problem may be caused my lack of mudflaps (and I'd rather not get any) but I just wondered if anyone else had the same thing happening?

Apart from that, I had an excellent blast up to Glencoe last Saturday in snow, hail, sleet and rain and the car was the best I've ever driven - very sure footed!!:)

minidriver#1
17th January 2004, 06:30 AM
everyone has this problem. It was even addressed by MINI USA chief, its because of the height of the rear and its aerodynamics.

broken_brian
17th January 2004, 09:50 AM
i dont have that problem with my mini heh heh:clown::clown::D:p

Steve74
17th January 2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks for that, I thought it must be a combination of airflow and scottish muck!!:D

Julz
18th January 2004, 08:49 PM
I thought I would manage to rid myself of that problem with the kit, but no, I still get a mucky bum!!! Ah well, just another excuse for giving my baby a wash!!;):clown:

Wul
19th January 2004, 02:30 AM
Rear mudflaps help a bit - stops the mud getting up there but the spray stills gets there!

DNV122
19th January 2004, 07:02 AM
I read that the Range Rover 'Stormer' concept car has air jets in the rear roof spoiler to keep the rear screen clean.

Mini Martyn
20th January 2004, 10:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Rear mudflaps help a bit - stops the mud getting up there but the spray stills gets there!

Yeh you could get the big flappy ralley ones with Taz on them?!:evil:

Steve74
21st January 2004, 01:45 AM
I think I'll just have to cover the car in clingfilm every week:clown: