PDA

View Full Version : A Few Mods Needing Help With

McGranagan
15th January 2007, 04:41 AM
Hi, this is my first time doing this.

I have a few questions that i need help with.

I have a Cooper S, Dark Silver and i am thinking of painting my brake calipers and was wondering to what colour should i have them, any suggestions?

I am also thinking of modding the car with a stage 1 210 tunning kit from LOHEN, cat-back exhaust system for milltek and EBC Front brake kit(greenstuff pads, EBC dimpled and grooved disks and stainless steel hoses). i have a K&N Typhoon kit, and wonder whether i would be better off with the JCW Air Filter instead?

Could anyone tell me if the lohen kit is worth while, as a few hour drive to get it doesnt bother me.

Any Feedback on any of the possible modifications would be much appreciated!:D

jayex
15th January 2007, 05:08 AM
Hi and welcome to NMS :D
From what ive heard the Lohen kits are great :cool:
I have the cat-back exhaust system for milltek and a K&N Typhoon kit and think they work very well together - great noise :D don’t think you have anything to gain by changing to a JCW air filter
as for the brakes its just your personal taste really - but i would stick to red on dark silver just MHO tho
I am sure other members will be along shortly with their advice too
:cool:

stoney
15th January 2007, 05:20 AM
why dont u go for the works 210 kit ? u would be as well i think i have the works kit with the gtt manafold and they work realy well nice sound and more power

elf man has just had the 210 works kit put on his cooper s with the play mini manafold and zauast

as for your brakes i would go red my self but thats me :)

Burple
15th January 2007, 05:30 AM
red with the Brakes would look good, but I'd be tempted by something a bit more unusual like a royal / mid blue or green to match the pads ;) if the car is all Dark silver anyway..

Or Gold.. (mine are :D:D) Ok.. I'll stop now :D:D

Mon the fish
15th January 2007, 05:44 AM
The green pads might clash with red callipers, so I'd paint them green to match. Fast Skoda's have green callipers, and I've always thought they look smart :)

McGranagan
15th January 2007, 06:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by jayex

Hi and welcome to NMS :D
From what ive heard the Lohen kits are great :cool:
I have the cat-back exhaust system for milltek and a K&N Typhoon kit and think they work very well together - great noise :D don’t think you have anything to gain by changing to a JCW air filter
as for the brakes its just your personal taste really - but i would stick to red on dark silver just MHO tho
I am sure other members will be along shortly with their advice too
:cool:

thanks,much appreciated, i thought red myself, but wasnt all that sure

McGranagan
15th January 2007, 06:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

why dont u go for the works 210 kit ? u would be as well i think i have the works kit with the gtt manafold and they work realy well nice sound and more power

elf man has just had the 210 works kit put on his cooper s with the play mini manafold and zauast

as for your brakes i would go red my self but thats me :)

i would have prefered the JCW kit, but to be honest, a bit to pricey for me, thaks anyway

McGranagan
15th January 2007, 06:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

red with the Brakes would look good, but I'd be tempted by something a bit more unusual like a royal / mid blue or green to match the pads ;) if the car is all Dark silver anyway..

Or Gold.. (mine are :D:D) Ok.. I'll stop now :D:D

well it was either red or black, and the majority of people are saying red, so might just go with that, have red fronts, and black back

james f
15th January 2007, 07:22 AM
mate 1 thing avoid the greenstuff pads ive got them and dont rate them at all get the mintex m1144s that lohen do

midge
15th January 2007, 08:16 AM
I've got the milltek catback with JCW airfilter and I think it's the dogs swingy bits! I'm down in Inverkip quite often, so if you want to hear it give us a shout (seeing that your from Largs!). I've also got a 16% pulley waiting to be put on and am thinking about asking Lohen if they could do it for me as part of their 210hp upgrade.

Craig

Scottie
15th January 2007, 08:21 AM
with a DS silver car I would paint the brakes a dark orange.

AndyP & Lenore
15th January 2007, 08:43 AM
Mark, PM sent.:approve:

AndyP:D