PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Classic - 56 plate

ianking
15th January 2007, 01:57 AM
Some of you may remember the story I posted up about the lady who bought one of the last Rover Mini Cooper's from AF Noble Rover near Penicuik (Midlothian). She had them put it in storage until she was ready for it. Anyway about 8 months ago they brought it out of the barn and fired it up. The lady had an old P reg white Mayfair and wanted the new mini to look the same. She had AF Noble (now a Nissan dealer) paint the car white and put mayfair decals on it and also put her old P reg mayfair steering wheel in it as she prefered the style of it. Any way she has now decided that she would rather have a new Micra and so Nobles have the car up for sale. It now has 140 miles on it and was registered a couple of months ago. Unfortunately the car is now white although the body shop didnt paint the arches or strip out the interior so its only the out side that is white and it wouldnt take much to put it back to black. A new steering wheel and air bag would be required though in order to get the car original.

We were passing the garage today after a wee trip to Ikea so I took a couple pics with my phone.
The first pic is a before shot from about 6 months ago.

Before

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/P6180001.jpg

After

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/14012007006.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/14012007007.jpg

KenL
15th January 2007, 02:50 AM
Very nice, a perfect car for a collection. I'd hate to see it becoming a car used every day.

Duncan Stewart
15th January 2007, 04:43 AM
What a shame it's been painted!, I'd have been tempted to visit the bank manager if it was un-messed around with!
The Mayfair steering wheel will mean no air bag - I would have thought to would cause problems at MOT time - just need to change it I suppose as you suggest

Would look great with a black roof and some cooper decals

markyc
15th January 2007, 04:49 AM
Thats a crackin wee mowta :approve::approve::approve: Not a great fan of the white paint job though been better leaving it normal :disapprove: Agree with Ken it would be a great show car :approve::approve::D;)

Burple
15th January 2007, 05:23 AM
Bootiful!
I think I actually prefer that to the black! :eek::D
(contrary to anything I may have said before! :I;))

Black Checked Roof, some 6x13 Superlights (or Star Mags! :cool:), Playmini 'zorst, and a fake '60s style chrome reversing light.... Sorted!

I wish I had the cash!! :(:cool::cool:

davesminis
1st February 2007, 06:45 AM
Me too - very nice.

Trade in my Mini One??? - tempting - very tempting

ceejam
1st February 2007, 11:08 PM
I don't understand how they can can have put a non airbag wheel on the car without changing the steering column! The splined bit is smaller on airbag wheels!

Looks very smart, is it definitely on a 56 plate? I'm not sure how they'd go about that, seeing as it wouldn't pass the "regulations" as a new car.

Would it not just get an age related plate form year of manufacture?

Would be nice to have it, as there's a good story!

ianking
1st February 2007, 11:43 PM
No its def a 56 plate as it was registered Dec 06. The chap at the garage admitted it will look a bit strange with that plate on it and said it could get an X plate from DVLA as a cherished transfer for £250. The wheel does have an air bag, its from her P reg mini. They still have the original wheel and bag for the car so it can be swapped back.

Think they might have sold it now as I couldnt see it the other day when I drove past.

The Dogfather
2nd February 2007, 12:49 AM
Silly amount of money for an old car.

ianking
2nd February 2007, 01:07 AM
Yes but its a new old car and pretty much you're last chance to get a new (old) car.