PDA

View Full Version : new mini travler / clubman spy shots

james f
12th January 2007, 08:39 PM
Traveller Spy Shots (http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots_and_Future_Cars/2008_MINI_Traveller_Spy_Shots.S178.A11730.html)

KenL
12th January 2007, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure I am keen on this. It might have been better making a more practical MINI along the lines of a 4-door hatchback.

Burple
12th January 2007, 08:55 PM
Oh dear.. so.. don't buy one in black.. unless you run an Undertaking business for midgets...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/scrapbook/thumbnails/3427.jpg

;)

Burple
12th January 2007, 08:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

I'm not sure I am keen on this. It might have been better making a more practical MINI along the lines of a 4-door hatchback.

On the other hand if you want a practical hatchback.. why are you even considering a Mini? ;):D:p

ianking
12th January 2007, 09:06 PM
I was so keen on the idea of a mini traveller but now that we are seeing proper photos of it I am starting to sway away from the idea. I even have my name on a waiting list for this car but I might not bother now. I think low and lowd is correct in saying that it looks like a funeral car for circus folk.

bpirie1000
12th January 2007, 09:13 PM
Minga...........

No Likey.........

zimbo
12th January 2007, 09:43 PM
Whoahhh!!:dead: that thing is butt ugly.... I mean did anyone notice the fact that drivers side has one door where as the other side has a second (smaller) suicide style door!

Sorry but thats just not right...:eek::dead:

T6 KFR
12th January 2007, 10:00 PM
definatley look like you should be carrying dead folk in the back to a funeral!

That car looks awful:dead:

Scottie
12th January 2007, 10:14 PM
Now that will be one cool motor. Once it's finished it will look alot different.

Well that's what I will be keep telling myslef;):p Fingers crossed.:D If not then I'll just have to buy a JCW.:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2007, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Now that will be one cool motor. Once it's finished it will look alot different.

Well that's what I will be keep telling myslef;):p Fingers crossed.:D If not then I'll just have to buy a JCW.:D:D

Any idea when the JCW is out?

A.:D

Big Col
12th January 2007, 10:31 PM
Ahh the Jade Goodie of MINIs arrives.

euan
12th January 2007, 10:48 PM
It's more of a Jackiey than a Jade ;)

Scottie
12th January 2007, 10:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

First Quarter (March/April 07)

MINI One
MINI One D
MINI Cooper D

June 07

Previews expected of JCW

Aug Build/Sept delivery

Clubman/Traveller

Aug/Sept 08

Convertible R57

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2007, 11:39 PM

MINI One
MINI One D
MINI Cooper D

June 07

Previews expected of JCW

Aug Build/Sept delivery

Clubman/Traveller

Aug/Sept 08

Convertible R57

Fi, you seem well informed.:approve:

Will the JCW be available as a retrofit on an R56? And will it be available on an Auto tranny?:D:D;)

James: Sorry to hijack the thread on non-traveller stuff.:D

A

Scottie
12th January 2007, 11:41 PM

MINI One
MINI One D
MINI Cooper D

June 07

Previews expected of JCW

Aug Build/Sept delivery

Clubman/Traveller

Aug/Sept 08

Convertible R57

Fi, you seem well informed.:approve:

Will the JCW be available as a retrofit on an R56? And will it be available on an Auto tranny?:D:D;)

James: Sorry to hijack the thread on non-traveller stuff.:D

A

Not that well informed I just took it from Mini2. Didn't I read on there that the auto has been delayed.

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2007, 11:51 PM
Not that well informed I just took it from Mini2. Didn't I read on there that the auto has been delayed.

For the US I think. Not that it will affect us anyway. No plans for now. Later in the year maybe. With JCW. or at least the knowledge that JCW can be retro fitted by a dealer.

A.

Burple
13th January 2007, 01:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Ahh the <Insert Latest Awful Media-Hyped-Hate-Figure> of MINIs arrives.

There.. fixed that for ya.. now it's timeless..

On a slightly off topic note, I heard the other night that Jade Goody is now a multi-millionaire!! WTF? she has no obvious talent, but is considered a 'celebrity' basically for being an incredibly thick and ignorant Chav who got her Squirrel out on national telly. <sigh>.
So the moral of this story?
If you wanna be rich and famous, the easiest way is to quite your job, steal cars, scam benefits and pop out a few illegitimate rug-rats.. The British public will just throw their money at you!

;)

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2007, 02:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Ahh the <Insert Latest Awful Media-Hyped-Hate-Figure> of MINIs arrives.

There.. fixed that for ya.. now it's timeless..

On a slightly off topic note, I heard the other night that Jade Goody is now a multi-millionaire!! WTF? she has no obvious talent, but is considered a 'celebrity' basically for being an incredibly thick and ignorant Chav who got her Squirrel out on national telly. <sigh>.
So the moral of this story?
If you wanna be rich and famous, the easiest way is to quite your job, steal cars, scam benefits and pop out a few illegitimate rug-rats.. The British public will just throw their money at you!

;)

But only if you think East Agular is not in Britain.:D:D;)

illegalhunter
13th January 2007, 02:04 AM
r u still getting one after the pics fi looks different than i thought it would be

Scottie
13th January 2007, 06:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

r u still getting one after the pics fi looks different than i thought it would be

e'hh tbh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo:D

euan
13th January 2007, 08:05 AM
It looks, er, "visually challenging". Kind of like a Fiat Multipla - cracking car but looked like nothing on earth.

If I had a need for a small car with load carrying would i get one? On the basis of those photos, then no. But, at the end of the day, a mini is a mini, and it's a welcome addiion. The traveller was designed to carry 4 people and luggage which is what this will hopefully do (which you can't do with the mini unless your luggage is a toothbrush).

Question for the classic guys - didn't the original traveller have rear wheel drive or am I imagining that?

Nenah
13th January 2007, 08:37 AM
Me Likee!

Very practicle for my business and when logoed up to advertise the company it will def. stand out in the crowd even more..also perfect for the two dogs!!:cool:

You wait...so many of you dissed this or that on the new model but how many of you have ordered or plan to own that too!!! :eek:

Duncan Stewart
15th January 2007, 04:26 AM
Like the look of the 1 door side - nice small estate / van look like the classic mini estate / van .
But not sure about the suicide door side - looks odd
funny looking high bits on each side of the roof as well - some kind of roof bars?

And no - all (factory) classic minis were front wheel drive

markyc
15th January 2007, 05:08 AM
Hmmm I know the car will change a bit before it's launched but from those pics my first impressions are that me no like :disapprove::disapprove: Will wait and see whats it's like in the metal it may look great but then again........ ;)