http://images.apple.com/iphone/images/indexhero20070109.jpg
cant wait to see one in the flesh

GAJ
11th January 2007, 04:16 AM
Can't wait to get one!:)
Looks quite big though!:(

vintageb3
11th January 2007, 04:21 AM
Saw it yesterday on Apple.com...I want one yesterday!!!!

We have to wait until 4th Quarter in Europe for this :(

mark

duncan
11th January 2007, 04:22 AM
Whats new about it though?
There's plenty phones on the market now that do all that this promises, and more.

Craig
11th January 2007, 05:02 AM
it's apparently going to cost a small fortune (at first) like most new bits of kit, then it should come down to a more reasonable price..:D

vintageb3
11th January 2007, 05:03 AM
Well...I know it will be better than this SE P990i I'm using just now...Its the worst phone I've ever had...the last thing you can do with it is...make a call!!!

It locks up and you have to pull the battery out to get it to reset....junk! It has lag between screens...its called 4 people whilst its been in my jacket pocket today...and the lock is a tiny button on the side!

I called my phone provider today to complain about it....nothing like my P900. They told me I'm locked into contract for 18 months. They said they will send out a new phone...but the same kind....if I'm not happy with that one...they will change it again. I said "OK...but you are going to be sending out a lot of phones to me in the next 18 months...because I'm not putting up with this crap handset."

They then admitted after three handsets...that they would offer me something different.

I "hope" that the iPhone will not have all the annoying things that many phones now have.

I for one I'm not interested in listening to music on it...but everything else is most interesting...and I assume because its Apple...will work.

This P990i has Wifi on it...buggered if I can get it to go online!

I know the iPhone will drop online easily!

mark

duncan
11th January 2007, 05:32 AM
It'll be one for the Mac fanboys and posers.

As far as I've read so far, correct me if i'm wrong, its not a 3G handset, which for the UK/Europe is quite a big deal considering how much cash the networks paid for licences.

My Nokia N70, which I've had for more than a year, (which I detest now, but thats another story), has a lot of the features that this has.

And 2 Megapixel on a "revolutionary" phone? Thats so 18 months ago.

Maybe it just looks nice ;)

euan
11th January 2007, 06:06 AM
Looks great, and does have some nice features, but none of it is killer app. Lots of features are ripped off from various other devices - mobiles, Palm Treo (the SMS chat feature), cameras (auto sensing which way up it is), and Ipods.

In saying that, if I was in the market for a new ipod and a phone, I'd be tempted. However, and call me old fashioned, I like to keep the devices seperate. That way my phone battery doesn't die when I've been listening to mp3s and with that screen, Apple are going to have a few challenges. Someone will make something similar which is better - everybody did when ipods started selling and brought MP3 player quality up from lumps of plastic to sleek.

My mate is at CES, I'll ask him what he thought of it when he gets back at the weekend.

minidriver#1
11th January 2007, 07:18 AM
The phone market is a fast moving market and one that i don't think apple is going to be able to compete it, still it's worth a try but i can't see it being a success. My Sony phone does pretty much everything that apple phone does and cost me £39.

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2007, 08:05 AM
I've had more phones than hot dinners the past couple of years. Seldom going more than 6 months with almost anything I've had.

Now settled with the Nokia 6233. Nice and simple. It's a phone. But it still does everything (I need it to) that my old o2 XDA Mini S did, surf the web, take notes, camera, etc. But it's half the size. It's a Nokia so the menu system is simple and easy. And being a Nokia it's built like a brick sh!thouse. Solid! Had many drops from 3/4 feet and it just bounces.

Whatever phone I go for in the future I'm gonna be well weary of touch screens. Impossible to text on at a decent rate. I send about 3 to 4 hundred texts a month and the touch screen with wee wandy thingy on the O2 XDA was a real PITA.

Nothing on that Apple phone makes me drool. As Duncan says, a 2meg camera. Wow!!! 2 years ago that would have been cutting edge. now it's verging on an embarrassment (on a new "cutting edge" phone).

A.:D

james f
11th January 2007, 08:35 AM
hmm looks neat but i couldnt as i would break it phones dont last long arround me im very supprised my current one has lasted over year as they normaly don survie more than 6 months arround me i need something thats shock proof water proof idiot proof and just makes phone calls

Burple
11th January 2007, 08:24 PM
Heh.. they're really not making this easy..

Cisco Sues Apple over iPhone name.. (http://www.dmwmedia.com/news/2007/01/10/cisco-sues-apple-over-use-of-iphone-name)

:blackeye::D

Mark R
12th January 2007, 02:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

Saw it yesterday on Apple.com...I want one yesterday!!!!

We have to wait until 4th Quarter in Europe for this :(

mark

I don't mind that so much, I just got a new contract phone this past week so at least it'll be only a few months after it's out that I could pick one up. Would be very unimpressed if I'd just got my new phone and found out I could have had myself an iPhone instead. :p