PDA

View Full Version : Which Product to go for

ianking
10th January 2007, 10:36 PM
I am nearly out of polish and was going to get some more.
I generally finish after a polish with a carnuba butter wax I have or with autoglym extra gloss stuff.

I was wondering which polish folks prefer,

Autoglym Super resin
or
Klasse All in One
or
Meguiars NXT generation tech wax/polish

or is there another good polish that I have not listed.

Wul
11th January 2007, 01:37 AM
Ian - I suppose it's down to preference and how many times you polish the car - Klasse AIO topped with P21S is supposed to be a great combo and relatively long lasting - KenL is using this combo. I'm using Megs NXT topped with #16 Mirror Glaze and it's amazing too. Never used AG SRP to be able to comment but heard it works well.

Wul
11th January 2007, 01:37 AM
Oh aye and Poorboys kit is excellent too - especially their quick detailer.

swil00
11th January 2007, 02:58 AM
Before putting anything on I'd use megs claybar on the car.. If it really needs polishing I'd use megs speed glaze... Then to finish off megs #16 paste wax..

Craig
11th January 2007, 03:43 AM
Super Resin EVERY time...:approve::approve::approve::approve::approv e:

ianking
11th January 2007, 04:17 AM
I polish about once a month and clay about every 4 or 5 months. In between clay I use tar remover before polishing.

What would be the best combo of polish and wax for a monthly going over. I dont wont something that needs arms like popeye to work either. Thats why I like autoglym as its very easy.

Craig
11th January 2007, 05:05 AM
I use Super Resin polish and Zymol Cleaner Wax and I haven't had any complaints:approve::approve:

it's nice and easy to put on..:D

at this time of year tho, I don't bother with polish (give a good going over in the spring), however I use "Wax it Wet" made by Turtle wax. It's fantastic... just wash your car as normal, spray this on one panel at a time when the car is still wet, then chamois it dry. Works a treat.:approve::approve:

Scottie
11th January 2007, 05:14 AM
I we Allan:D used the Autoglym stuff until Wul advised on the different types of polish available.

ianking
11th January 2007, 05:17 AM
What do you (Allan) use now?

KenL
11th January 2007, 06:19 PM
Klasse AIO is fantastic stuff. VERY easy to use (simple wipe on, wipe off before it dries) as well and OK to put on your plastic trim - unlike all Autoglym stuff.

Top with any good plain wax. P21S for example.

ianking
11th January 2007, 08:51 PM
Who makes P21S and where do I get it from. Also I have never seen the Megs #16 in the shops either. If I go for the Klasse AIO I was just going to get it on ebay. I see that Klasse also does a finishing wax, anyone used this before

Wul
12th January 2007, 01:27 AM
ian - polishing your car every month is a bit of overkill - you only need to do that maybe every 3 months and clay every 6 months - however waxing every month will build up a good layer of prtection and maintain the shine below.

P21S is the make - it's their own Carnuba Wax you want.

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9100

Remember folks:

Clay removes contaminents
Polish cleans and feeds paint and returns shine
Wax protects and enhances a polished surface.

:)

euan
12th January 2007, 01:31 AM
Ah yes master, now everyone mutter the mantra :)

Gorbash12346
12th January 2007, 05:05 AM
i use megs gold class car wash/shampoo using the 2 bucket method then i use quick clay before tarting polishing then i use either megs deep crystal system polish if i've got the time to wax the car or autoglym super resin polish if i don't, worked in with my err rather cheap halfords random orbital buffer then after removing for wax i use meguiars gold glass clear coat wax followed by some megs fine detailling spray to make sure theres no build up left

KenL
12th January 2007, 09:00 PM
I got my P21S wax and Klasse AIO from Alex at www.seriousperformance.co.uk

He gives a 10% discount if you say you are a forum member of uk-mkIVs.net - a Golf forum.

KenL
12th January 2007, 09:04 PM
Klasse also make a product called Sealant Glaze. It is supposed to be used over AIO. AIO is a polish and sealant in one. You could use the sealant glaze to top it, but you can equally use a real wax.

You can even use AIO just on it's own, a nice shiny finish but not as deep/wet as a real wax.

AIO on it's own gives a similar finish to Autoglym EGP. I quite like EGP apart from it being a pain if you get in on the plastic.

Once you have used a product that doesn't stain the trim, you won't want to go back to the likes of Autoglym!

KenL
12th January 2007, 09:10 PM
P21S is only £17.95 (less 10% with discount) from www.seriousperformance.co.uk , cheaper than cleanandshiny!

Wul
12th January 2007, 09:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL
Once you have used a product that doesn't stain the trim, you won't want to go back to the likes of Autoglym!

When the time comes and my NXT Tech wax is finished I intend to get some AIO for defo.

KenL
13th January 2007, 06:56 AM
Wul,

I could post you enough to give it a go if you like. If you fancy it anytime, email your address to laidlaw.ken@gmail.com

The bottle I have will last me a loooooooooong time!

Wul
13th January 2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the offer Ken - i'll keep it in mind. :)

vintageb3
6th February 2007, 08:16 AM

Klasse also make a product called Sealant Glaze. It is supposed to be used over AIO. AIO is a polish and sealant in one. You could use the sealant glaze to top it, but you can equally use a real wax.

Ken, I just posted a "Attention KenL" post in Wul's forum. Now I find this...SORRY!!!!

I have NXT tech wax lying here...just bought it really...but Wull has told me that you use Klasse AIO with good results.

A question to both You and Wull:

Can I use Klasse AIO, then the Klasse Sealent Glaze, the NXT tech wax, then Poor Boys Natty Blue wax?

I could just pass the NXT to my Dad for his car if you think its overkill/not good

Is Poor Boys Natty Blue better than P21S?

Also, how long do the carnubu waxes last?

Thanks!

mark

Wul
6th February 2007, 03:37 PM
don't use the NXT over a sealant or Carnuba if you wan't to build up layers - the cleaning ability of NXT means it doesn't layer. Not sure how good Klasse sealant glaze compares to Poor Boys or P21S - try posting on www.autopia.org to see what they say in there :)

Mon the fish
7th February 2007, 01:23 AM
Last time I washed mine I clayed it, then Klasse AIO, then NXT wax, then Poorboys EX Sealant with Carnuba. Made it shiney shiney :cool:

vintageb3
7th February 2007, 04:57 AM
Hi Guys...

I have ordered Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant Glaze. I've read up on the glaze...and it can be used to build up layers of protection. The glaze is supposed to last 12 months...but I think I would like to use it monthly.

This is what is said about the Klasse Sealant Glaze:

The perfect partner to Klasse’s All In One, the High Gloss Sealant Glaze, provides an extra protective layer with superb shine. The glaze can last up to a staggering 12 months but some enthusiasts prefer to re-gloss after 6 months or so. Either way you can be sure of a mirror like reflection that will protect against UV rays and general pollutants. It’s suitable for all paint surfaces with or without a clear coat, it’s non-abrasive and will not harm paint, metal or plastic.

The reason behind its reflective and glossy finish is down to its 100% acrylic formula. Used alongside All In One and you’ll see scratch marks and swirls disappear, in fact this glaze claims to remove more swirls than any other brand. The product creates a glaze on the surface which is shrink and heat resistant and gives your car a protective seal.
Use this on paint, clear coat, glass fibre glass, plexiglass, plastics, metal surfaces, enamel tiles, formica and any non-porous surface.
The more coats you apply the shiner and glossier the finish.
glaze lasts between 6 and 12 months.

------

If I want to wax after the sealant...I will order P21S or Poorboys Blue Natty Wax...

I will let you know how it all goes over the next few weeks...

mark

Scottie
7th February 2007, 05:31 AM
The Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze is a NIGHTMARE to take off very hard work.

I used it first and OMG then Allan he used it and agreed OMG. Poorboys sealant is much much better

Klasse AIO is very good as is P21S as is nuttys blue paste.

ianking
7th February 2007, 05:37 AM
Is the Klasse AIO nice and easy to work then

Scottie
7th February 2007, 05:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Is the Klasse AIO nice and easy to work then

yes

vintageb3
7th February 2007, 06:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I used it first and OMG then Allan he used it and agreed OMG. Poorboys sealant is much much better

Klasse AIO is very good as is P21S as is nuttys blue paste.

Oh well...its been ordered now...looks like it will be elbow grease time

mark

Wul
7th February 2007, 06:28 AM
or you could invest in a Porter Cable! :)

KenL
7th February 2007, 07:11 AM

I haven't tried it but have a look of autopia. I'm sure people have discussed the glaze and posted tips on how best to use it.

Like Fiona said, the AIO is extremely easy to use. A very light application and wipe straight off.

P21S is a straight wipe on/wipe off product too - dead easy.

Scottie
7th February 2007, 07:15 AM

I'm sure people have discussed the glaze and posted tips on how best to use it.

aye dinnae use it;):p

vintageb3
7th February 2007, 07:29 AM

I haven't tried it but have a look of autopia. I'm sure people have discussed the glaze and posted tips on how best to use it.

Like Fiona said, the AIO is extremely easy to use. A very light application and wipe straight off.

P21S is a straight wipe on/wipe off product too - dead easy.

Quickly...I'm trying to cancel the Klasse Glaze sealant.

Can I use Klasse AIO, then NXT TEch wax...then Poor-boys Natty Blue or P21S?

Thanks

mark

KenL
7th February 2007, 07:55 AM
Check out these reviews: http://www.autopia.org/reviews/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=9e92bb2fed7e9bc781c1409c6f06b3df&cmd=details&itemid=32&startrec=0

Some say easy to use, others disagree!

vintageb3
7th February 2007, 07:57 AM

Check out these reviews: http://www.autopia.org/reviews/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=9e92bb2fed7e9bc781c1409c6f06b3df&cmd=details&itemid=32&startrec=0

Some say easy to use, others disagree!

I've read the reviews...I'm trying to change it to Meguiars #21 Polymer Sealant (Product code MEG93)

I have already replied in the other thread

GOD I"M CONFUSED!!!!

:clown:

mark