PDA

View Full Version : Gift Vouchers I Can't Spend!! :o(

Wul
9th January 2007, 12:37 AM
Got some Love2shop gift vouchers for my christmas - the ones you can use in many different shops like HMV, virgin etc etc.

Anyway - went to halfords (a participating store) and decided on a nice new set of LED lights for my bike. Waited 20mins in the queue - got to the front and handed over the vouchers. At which point the spotty assistant behind the counter pulls out a photocopied memo saying the £10 Love2shop vouchers were not to be taken as payment as there had been some fraudulent ones in circulation - he couldn't tell me what or how I was to to spend them either!!

So you pay cash for vouchers that no-one will accept great eh! I've checked their website and there is no mention of them been declined, nor have they replied to my email!!

Gits:(

stoney
9th January 2007, 12:41 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek: shoking

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2007, 04:03 AM
That is awful Wul:eek:. Have you tried calling them? If you get no-where, I'd go for Consumer Direct.

A:D

euan
9th January 2007, 05:56 PM
That is really poor! If they participate, they should honour the vouchers.

X30YES
9th January 2007, 06:09 PM
I had the same trouble with some vouchers I was given as part of my bonus last year... Capital or Choice I think , they folded that month ....the vouchers were sent back and all monies returned .

Wul
10th January 2007, 08:13 AM
things is - you don't get shops refusing to accept £10 notes as there are some fraudulent ones about - they just check to make sure their not dodgy!!

Annoying all the same! :(