PDA

View Full Version : Alarm question

vintageb3
7th January 2007, 06:52 AM
OK...this may be a dumb question but I can't find the answer in the owners manual.

I noticed this evening that when I arm the alarm (locking the doors from the keyfob) the front passenger sidelight glows ever so slightly for about 30 secs to a minute maybe. Then it goes out. I did watch it for a while...and i did come back on for a few seconds...then out again.

Is this to give some sort of visual notification that the alarm is on?

Also...the indicator light glows ever so slightly when you disarm the alarm as well.

Answer?

Thanks

mark

sedgie
7th January 2007, 07:15 AM
Lol never noticed this.....you have 2 much time on yer hands!:p:p:cool:;)

vintageb3
7th January 2007, 07:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie

Lol never noticed this.....you have 2 much time on yer hands!:p:p:cool:;)

Well...that is true Sedgie:D Well this week anyway...

But in my defence... I noticed this as I have to go outside to have a fag (not allowed to smoke in Kim's house..OH NO!!!!!) ...and had just retrieved them from the car.

I was standing in front of the car admiring it...and this is how I noticed this anomaly. Had a play with the key fob...and it happens all the time.

hmmm

mark

Burple
8th January 2007, 02:00 AM
Doesn't sound like what is supposed to happen..
With the facelift model, all your indicators / repeaters should flash once when arming, twice when disarming (think that's the right way round...). Pre-facelift models do it slightly differently (can't remember from my old Cooper now.. :I)
The side lights shouldn't come on at all, and when the other lights *do* flash, they should be as bright as an indicator / hazard light flash.. Maybe a loose wire somewhere?

:)

vintageb3
8th January 2007, 02:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Doesn't sound like what is supposed to happen..

Maybe a loose wire somewhere?

:)

I'm beginning to think thats the problem...will have a look at it next weekend

Thanks!

mark