PDA

View Full Version : Cooper S Skirts

minimaster
15th January 2004, 10:59 PM
I have noticed a couple of Coopers with Cooper S Skirts, does anyone know if its a straight swap for the skirts. How much do they cost?

Big Gordy
15th January 2004, 11:21 PM
Speak to Willie M. He has a set coming off his new 'S' when his new aero skirts go on :p:D:approve:

Scheckter MC
15th January 2004, 11:47 PM
I should have a new set of MCS skirts available too, if I ask the dealer to keep them for me (along with front / rear bumpers?) when they fit the Aero Kit.

Don't know if they are a straight swap or not, although they should be??

Burple
16th January 2004, 01:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimaster

I have noticed a couple of Coopers with Cooper S Skirts, does anyone know if its a straight swap for the skirts. How much do they cost?

Hi there....
I just did it a few weeks ago... yes... it's a very straight swap! :D

As for the cost... <ahem> I dunno.. Julz!! remind me about that!
Send me an email demanding some cash! ;)

If you can get them off someone who is say... getting an aero kit fitted at the dealer... ;) then they should be able to get their old skirts back off the dealer, and you shouldn't (I would imagine ;)) have to pay anything like the full price for them....

The hardest and longest part of the whole process is taking the silver door tread plates off and putting them on the new skirts (unless of course you keep the 'S' ones on the new skirts!)
There's a 'How to' guide on MINI2 in the FAQ section which I followed.
the plastic clips along the top and bottom are re-useable, but the ones along the sides break off so you need to get new ones from your dealer. One important point is to make sure you get enough of the side ones (two types) as there's quite a lot of them (about 8-10 per side if I remember). I didn't get enough of the right ones, but managed to salvage enough of the old ones to make sure it was safely secure tho! ;)
When you've undone the top and bottom ones you have to pull the skirt off (it's easiest to start at the back and work forward. This makes possibly the most heart breaking sound you'll ever want to hear from your car as the clips shear off (like they're supposed to):( and make sure you have a pair of pliers and strong wee snips handy to pull out some of the old clips - cos some of them *WILL* get stuck! ;)

Believe me, the end result is WELL worth it! I even finished mine in the dark and the rain to get it done!!

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/24587_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/24587.jpg) http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/24588_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/24588.jpg)

Go Forth and Modify!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Burple
16th January 2004, 01:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Scheckter MC

I should have a new set of MCS skirts available too, if I ask the dealer to keep them for me (along with front / rear bumpers?) when they fit the Aero Kit.

Oh really???
What colour??? ;);)

Big Gordy
16th January 2004, 01:17 AM
Brings a new meaning to the phrase 'mini skirts' doesn't it ;) :p:D:approve:

Scheckter MC
16th January 2004, 01:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Oh really???
What colour??? ;);)

With Aero Kit being fitted from new, will have both black plastic MCS side skirts available to a good home, plus SOLID BLACK front & rear MCS bumpers. Apparently the dealers just throw them away when fitting Aero kits, which I personally think is a total waste as they are brand spanking new?!

However, I don't have much space to store the spare skirts & bumpers in my flat. But.... if someone wanted them soon-ish after I collect the car, then I can hang on to them.

Black bumpers would look great on a PW Cooper!!
:D

minimaster
16th January 2004, 01:48 AM
sheckter where do you live? i am actually in yorkshire just now with work but i am home most weeks, i would definity be interested in your old skirts etc

Scheckter MC
16th January 2004, 06:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by minimaster

sheckter where do you live? i am actually in yorkshire just now with work but i am home most weeks, i would definity be interested in your old skirts etc

I live in Aberdeen, but considering I will be anxious to get through the run-in period on the S when it arrives :p, a trip to Fife (or half way) would not be any hassle to me!!

I have no idea what new MCS side skirts & bumpers are worth?!?