PDA

View Full Version : cooper s brakes

soopercooper
5th January 2007, 09:20 PM
are the cooper s brakes bigger than the cooper brakes

ianking
5th January 2007, 09:34 PM
i dont think so, but i could be wrong. Im sure its the same part number across the range one - coopS

redpoint rallying
6th January 2007, 04:43 AM
They are exactly the same!
M

soopercooper
6th January 2007, 07:10 PM
good.so i can fit the s discs and pads straight on to my cooper,will just keep the callipers as spares,thanks

james f
6th January 2007, 08:19 PM
all the pads and discs are the same too right through the range form a oneD to an S most of the engine oarts are the same to the cooper the one and the s all have the same block, cams, head, piston and manifolds only diff is the zorst and map on the one and the supercharger and intercooler and zorst on the S

Mon the fish
7th January 2007, 01:12 AM
Mostly true, the S engine is upgraded internally, forged crank and conrods (instead of cast) etc :)

Gorbash12346
8th January 2007, 07:33 AM
also the cooper s has dished forged pistons (to reduce compression ratio and has an oil cooler) tbh it's better to considere the cooper s engine as a very heavily uprated forced induction version of the cooper and the one engine, yes the discs pads and callipers are all the same though (not sure if the pads are a different grade on the s can't remember...

oh and if you can't find the toyota badging on the diesels ur goin blind :P

james f
8th January 2007, 09:04 AM
ah cool didnt know about the internals being diff (was told otherwsie) but always happy to be set right :) but brakes wise look at it this way for a cooper S there good for a one they are amazing its not many ranges of cars that have so many good componets as the norm