PDA

View Full Version : Heartbeat Run Report

Monsta Mo Mini
25th March 2003, 05:50 AM
Well we made it back in one piece, (unlike two of the cars on the run, get well soon to DinkaDonka and Laura). Myself (accompanied by MrsMMM, little bruv and niece). Linda,Willie and Bonnie Scotland set out to infiltrate the the Englandshire MINI scene and won. Willie even got up somebody's nose enough to get called a Scottish C•nt by some pondlife. :mad:

A fab time was had by all and many new mates made (including quite a few new recruits for the Cullen Run). Lovely people, beautiful scenery, weather was incredible

A full report, piccys and video will follow soon in the main site.

Now all we have to do is find out who the dickhead with a St Georges Cross on his aerial was...GRRR!

Willie M
25th March 2003, 06:14 AM
:DYeah, made it back in one piece. What a great weekend it was, fantastic scenery and truly lovely folk :) Especially my 'special' new friend that I made right at the end of the day driving along the front at Scarborough :D He wasn't one of the MINI2 crowd from what I can gather, one of the Malton MINI invitees I believe. Any hows, I've got his registration number :kiss:

Look forward to seeing your piccys, etc. Monsta :cool:

Anyone up for 'Heartbeat Run' 2004? :)

Linda M
25th March 2003, 06:56 AM
It was a fantastic MINI adventure :D:D

Gismo
25th March 2003, 09:31 PM
At least 2 of the scottish contingent finished the day :evil:
Didn't realise Willie M had received some verbal, tell me more!

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
25th March 2003, 09:44 PM
Yeah yeah

Shirley was starting to suffer from economy class syndrome and Abbie was getting narky so I'm afraid we had to call it a day a bit earlier than I would have liked. I'll just have to scrounge some piccys of the cruise from you lot!

Gismo
26th March 2003, 12:16 AM
Just had a thought :question: what if the guy is right about Willie ;) maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

KenL
26th March 2003, 01:04 AM
Oops, what happened to Dinkadonka & Laura's cars?

Wul
26th March 2003, 02:10 AM
Yeh - and wee want to know what WillieM did to upset oor neeboors!

Linda M
26th March 2003, 04:03 AM
Willie's away out tonight so I'll have to inform you all. When we got to Scarborough front for the parade there were MINI's both sides of the street, horns were going and lights flashing. We happened to come to stop and on the other side were 2 guys in their MINI that had been in our group all day, they had their window down as we did and to our utter surprise they shouted across Scottish C*** which was way out of order and for no reason. It put a bit of a damper on the finish of the day. We now know who it was but whats the use :mad:

Linda M
26th March 2003, 04:09 AM
As for Kens question:
Laura was in the first group and seemingly came of the road for some reason onto gravel twisting her suspension and also something happened to the steering. It was such a shame cos they were at our table for the meal the night before and they were both SO nice.
DinkaDonka's car was in our group and a car hit him at a junction, it wasn't his fault. His passenger door was dented and there were scrapes right along the side. That was SUCH a shame cos he'd just got the car the 1st march and for me was THE car of the run it was stunning and had a full spec PLUS loads of other stuff. He was also such a nice guy and finished the run. I'd have been totally freaking out!!!!

KenL
26th March 2003, 04:27 AM
Feel really sorry for DinkaDonka. His car must have been so smart the pl*nker in the offending car must have been blinded by it's beauty causing him to lose control of his own vehicle thus causing the crash.

Hope he get's it sorted in time for the Borders run.

Monsta Mo Mini
26th March 2003, 04:53 AM
I'd imagine DinkaDonka'll be up and running in no time. He could always borrow his dad's Porsche;)

I get the feeling that some of the Geordie crew who were initially interested have been lured away to join the traffic jam that will be the Pennines Run, which rather inconsiderately, has been scheduled for the 6th aswell!!!:evil: Ce la vie ...8)

Gismo
26th March 2003, 07:41 PM
It's never too late to complain, but, i think i would have at least let the organisers know of the unsavoury incident and most definitely would have named them on MINI2 for their pathetic gutteral comments.

Just my thoughts, i know it only makes it worse but at least these guys wouldn't be welcome on any future MINI runs, anywhere.

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
26th March 2003, 09:14 PM
Must admit I thought about naming and shaming them Bonnie but at the end of the day I'm not that worried about it. Didn't really see the need of highlighting one individuals pathetic behaviour. I even thought about e-mailing one of the organisers but as I said, I'm not really bothered about it.

Linda and I had a great weekend, met a lot of great folk and I'm certain we'll be back next year if there is to be a repeat :)

If my new best mate is there, I may just have a wee word in his shell-like ;)

Linda M
27th March 2003, 12:27 AM
The organisers had a hard enough day so no use in dragging up dirt and there's a few of us that know what it feels like to just get a run over with safe and sound. I mean so far we've just had to organise 20 odd MINI's where as they had over 100 :eek: There was some amount of effort went into the run, I heard they had done 5 recces sorting out the roads and stops. All in all they did a fantastic job plus they were such nice folk.

Linda M
29th March 2003, 03:54 AM
Ok folks, we've done a website update with a report and pics of the run if anyone wants a look :cool: Willie's also done a bit about the Aberdeen social meet.

Monsta Mo Mini
2nd April 2003, 07:42 AM
That's the report and pics up in the events section.

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/heartbeat.html

Movie will be included once I get round to editing it.

Willie M
2nd April 2003, 05:01 PM
Nice write up Mr. Mo Mini and great pics too (well apart from a couple of obvious ones.. ;))

Quote - 'Alan promptly announced he had a surprise for us. I initially though he was going to get a round in then he produced the C-U-Jimmy hats' :D:D:clown:

Gismo
2nd April 2003, 06:01 PM
Well done MMM, a nice article and well presented.
Good memories from the run, a couple of pictures that would appear to have not come out right :I:clown:

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
4th April 2003, 01:14 AM
Great report Calum, well done :)

Monsta Mo Mini
15th May 2003, 05:09 PM
Finally got round to editing the video so it is now online on the Heartbeat page:D it's a bit big (4.3mb so unles you've got broadband your looking at a 20 minute wait