PDA

View Full Version : Harder Driving Test Considered - BBC News

AndyP & Lenore
2nd January 2007, 07:39 PM
What do you think?

clicky linky bbcy newsy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6223887.stm)

A.:D

Crombers
2nd January 2007, 08:04 PM
120 hours @ £20 per lesson = £2400 (OUCH) yeehaa :D

zimbo
2nd January 2007, 10:03 PM
Sounds good in theory, but in reality it just means you'll get more people driving without licenses because it'll be even harder for them to pass!! :evil::disapprove:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd January 2007, 10:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Thought that would make you smile.;)

A.;):D

Crombers
4th January 2007, 08:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:Originally posted by crombers

Thought that would make you smile.;)

A.;):D

After further thought I cannot see this happening. The average learner can take 40 lessons/hours (or more) so going from £800+ to £2400 is a tad steep. There would be a revolt on this one. It's the same when they re mention moving the age limit up to 18, every couple of years or so. What I can see happening is that all 'L' drivers must take tuition with approved ADI's (i.e. no more out in the motor with Mum Dad Uncle Aunt etc) as they do in other EU countries.

james f
4th January 2007, 08:45 PM
my dad cheeted the system good and poper and rather than paying for me and my brothers to have lessons he traind as an instructor as it didnt take much and since hes his own boss as it is no one could moan worked well me thinks

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2007, 04:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by james f

my dad cheeted the system good and poper and rather than paying for me and my brothers to have lessons he traind as an instructor as it didnt take much and since hes his own boss as it is no one could moan worked well me thinks

Eh? When was this James?

broken_brian
5th January 2007, 05:17 AM
I think it is a good idea maybe not the 120 hours bit but longer test would be good along with some skidpan training, as this might help reduce accidents in the younger less experienced drivers.

It is the eu messing with the motorbike testing that i dont like the sound of, im glad that i have got my bike licence.:D

Crombers
5th January 2007, 08:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:Originally posted by james f

Eh? When was this James?

Changed days now eh, Andy