PDA

View Full Version : Guid New Year To aBody

Gismo
1st January 2007, 12:39 AM
That's the wind blowing in now :p no remarks please ;)
Good luck to anyone going to an outdoor function, i was gonna try the stirling castle gig but reckoned the wind will ruin it

See ya all next year :)

X30YES
1st January 2007, 12:44 AM
Does offshore count as "an outdoor function" :p;):D
A guid new year to you as well Alan

N12 JLK
1st January 2007, 12:45 AM
Hope everyone has a smashing time tonight and all the best to all for 2007 ( my goodness 2007 where is my life going:(;) running out of birthdays!)

Jason,Lesley & Kerr

Gismo
1st January 2007, 12:46 AM
Wow, you should see the hail stones here in Montrose now, a very wild night instore, lightening too :eek:

Craig
1st January 2007, 01:00 AM
A Guid New Year to you all..... I might have a couple of tins tonight to celebrate...;)

sedgie
1st January 2007, 01:02 AM
Aye Guid new year to all!:D....hmmm ment to be going tae Edinburgh...have V.I.P pass aweel:p...but it it carrys on like this...bugger that!;):D

N12 JLK
1st January 2007, 01:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

A Guid New Year to you all..... I might have a couple of tins tonight to celebrate...;)

17:D

Craig
1st January 2007, 01:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

17:D

dinnae you start....! at least get the number right, it was 18 :approve::approve::approve:

N12 JLK
1st January 2007, 01:20 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/beer.jpg

I count more than 18;)

james f
1st January 2007, 01:40 AM
wet and wild down in the burgh tonite so im having a night in as im not brave enougph to go out there have a good new year everyone

Scottie
1st January 2007, 01:47 AM
Lang May yer Lumb Reek

Was hoping to be down the road for New Year close to the family.

However due to stuff we are spending hogmanay up here @ windy Inverness.

TV is crap to night don't drink so just a normal Sunday night for me.;)

May polish my Mini tomorrow though in the lovely heated garage.:cool:

monkimagic
1st January 2007, 01:50 AM
Its Wet, Wet, Wet 'n' wingy in Aberdeen. Just gonna go over to a friends for a few drinks, nothing too exciting but looking forward to it.

Happy new year all

euan
1st January 2007, 02:14 AM
Yup, we were supposed to be going to see Wet Wet Wet in Aberdeen, but burger that it's far too wild! Will be sitting in my mates in the toasty warm!

illegalhunter
1st January 2007, 02:27 AM
blowing a gale in irvine today i wouldnt put milk bottles out in that never mind an outdoor function

stoney
1st January 2007, 02:33 AM
happy new year too all

we are sitting in with mates too night for a few beers that i have allready started on :p:eek::approve::approve:

not going out in this wind has blown my bin over and just missed my car :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Crombers
1st January 2007, 03:07 AM
All the best y'all

Going to a restaurant in Balloch shores (Loch Lomond). Local radio station are doing a live bash & my mate is the DJ. Should be good but dunno about the fireworks in this weather

Crombers
1st January 2007, 03:07 AM

Aye right :p

AndyP & Lenore
1st January 2007, 04:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Yup, we were supposed to be going to see Wet Wet Wet in Aberdeen, but burger that it's far too wild! Will be sitting in my mates in the toasty warm!

We were supposed to be going as well, but due to the weather it will just be a quite night in for the Poole's.:(

Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone on NMS!:D:D

vintageb3
1st January 2007, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

That's the wind blowing in now :p no remarks please ;)
Good luck to anyone going to an outdoor function, i was gonna try the stirling castle gig but reckoned the wind will ruin it

See ya all next year :)

I WAS at Stirling Castle...I'm Deacon Blue's keyboard tech and we set up at midday.

By 2.30pm we only managed to get half a line check done as the generators kept dropping out with severe water ingress. At that point...I thought it was a no go...or at least it was going to be a disaster...with power tripping off during the bands etc.

By 2.45..the stage was an unsafe place...VERY unsafe. The wind picked up at that point and the stage manager told us to leave the stage...like NOW! We saw fences being blown over...toilet cubicles get blown away. When this storm struck...there were two guys on the roof trying to stop leaks. One of the guys got down...the other guy had to tie himself to the roof until the storm died down enough to get down. They had to open the back of the stage to allow the wind to blow through...and our gear got soaked. I had rental gear on stage...and its really hard to watch your own gear getting soaked :(

The castle was shut to visitors...because scaffold boards were lifting and been thrown all over the place.

We were told at 4.00pm to strip the gear down.....quickly before things got worse.

Then I had to take the guitar players gear in the van to Edinburgh. Then I headed for Fife. Got to the Forth Bridge and was turned away...they were only allowing cars over. Had to drive all the way to Kincardine...bummer!

I can't remember driving is weather as bad as this ever!

All my mates are working the various celebrations round Scotland...and we were calling each other...most of them are off....still think Edinburgh will be pulled has to be...

We were in the studio with Deacon Blue and Wet Wet Wet over the last couple of days...and I know both bands were looking forward to the gigs...especially the Wet's...they did a full week's rehearsals for this gig. Wee Neil the keyboard player told me as they haven't played together for a while...they were really looking forward to playing up in Aberdeen. So its disappointment all round really.

People should understand that the organisers of these festivities do their best to make sure the entertainment proceeds....but when it comes to safety....they have to do what's right. There are still guys on site as I write this risking thier lifes to make sure everything is safe.

Happy and a safe New Year to All on NMS!

sedgie
1st January 2007, 05:47 AM
Edinburgh is cancelled...hubby down there engineering tonite...he just called me to say stage blown away:eek:...so looks like not much on tonite!:(...ach well Still Game on @11.15;)

Duncan Stewart
1st January 2007, 06:16 AM
:D Happy new year :D

AndyP & Lenore
1st January 2007, 09:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3
I WAS at Stirling Castle...I'm Deacon Blue's keyboard tech and we set up at midday.....

......Happy and a safe New Year to All on NMS!

Mark, really interesting to hear from the technical side of the days events. In weather like this it sounds like a dangerous job.

All the best for 2007.

AndyP:D

The Bull
1st January 2007, 03:34 PM
Like many of you I spent the bells in the dark. All the best for 2007! :)

vintageb3
1st January 2007, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I WAS at Stirling Castle...I'm Deacon Blue's keyboard tech and we set up at midday.....

Mark, really interesting to hear from the technical side of the days events. In weather like this it sounds like a dangerous job.

All the best for 2007.

Andy...err...OK maybe in an attempt to calm any thoughts from those that were disappointed that the gigs didn't go ahead...I intimated that I was James Bond :)

I didn't have the dangerous job...the guys that have to take the stage down are the guys in real danger.

I'm not sure if they even tried to take the cover off the stage last night. I know that they wanted us off stage ASAP so that the could open all the sides of the stage....to allow the wind to blow through. As you will understand...this is the safest thing to do.

I heard this morning that Aberdeen went ahead..so the WET's did play after all.

I was working with Deacon Blue the last time they played Stirling Castle...and on that occasion....Stirling was the only show in Scotland that went ahead...and that was in 4" of snow!

Glad no one was hurt...

mark

AndyP & Lenore
1st January 2007, 09:57 PM

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

All the best for 2007.

Andy...err...OK maybe in an attempt to calm any thoughts from those that were disappointed that the gigs didn't go ahead...I intimated that I was James Bond :)

I didn't have the dangerous job...the guys that have to take the stage down are the guys in real danger.

I'm not sure if they even tried to take the cover off the stage last night. I know that they wanted us off stage ASAP so that the could open all the sides of the stage....to allow the wind to blow through. As you will understand...this is the safest thing to do.

I heard this morning that Aberdeen went ahead..so the WET's did play after all.

I was working with Deacon Blue the last time they played Stirling Castle...and on that occasion....Stirling was the only show in Scotland that went ahead...and that was in 4" of snow!

Glad no one was hurt...

mark

Yes the WET'S did play at Aberdeen last night, I listened to it on the radio.:D

Really gutted we weren't able to go:( but heard at about 9pm that the Forth Road Bridge was closed so probably just as well we didn't go.

stoney
1st January 2007, 10:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by stone

happy new year too all

we are sitting in with mates too night for a few beers that i have allready started on :p:eek::approve::approve:

not going out in this wind has blown my bin over and just missed my car :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i was wrong :mad:

jayex
2nd January 2007, 12:20 AM
:p aw the best to everyone for 2007 :D