PDA

View Full Version : trade in

illegalhunter
31st December 2006, 06:49 AM
went henry bros today thinking of adding something else to spec of my new s when the saleman said we might have to look @ the price we gave you for the trade in because your no taking your car till march 1st .Told him that mini fecked it up with fuel pumps so everthing is back 3 weeks so my car gos into production on 7.2.07 1 week to build 1 week to ship & prep ,now were @ the 3rd week feb i said you better get it sorted or ill cancel right now ,he was all sheepish & said come back in after new year we will sort something out .Yuo better beleve it the trade stays or iam getting my cash back what a feckin cheek. So can i get my deposit back then ? CLAIRE!!!!!!!

KenL
31st December 2006, 07:09 AM
I would think you have grounds to get your deposit back since your agreement should have been for a fixed "price to change". If they are messing you around, they do not deserve your business. They should be getting onto MINI to help them cover their loss (if there is any) as it was MINI who caused the delay.

Speak directly to the dealer principal, not the sales person. He may just be trying to push you into taking a Feb delivery to boost his salary for the month!

Craig
31st December 2006, 08:16 AM
John,

My car was appraised in Oct, ordered my R56 MCS 1st Nov and getting delivery in Jan some time (but soon hopefully).

there has been NO talk of reducing my trade-in price by the dealer as this is what was agreed by the dealer and you. the delay is not your fault and should be bourne by the dealer.

If they want to argue, get onto Customer Services at Bracknell (I'll give you the number if you want), cos that is bang out of order.

If they stand by their decision, walk away and speak with customer services to transfer you deposit to a more understanding dealer..:D

illegalhunter
31st December 2006, 08:48 AM
i wont miss & hit the wall if my trade in drops iam canceling they can bite me

AndyP & Lenore
31st December 2006, 10:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

Thats the spirit.;)

Crombers
31st December 2006, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Thats the spirit.;)

Way to go :approve:

euan
31st December 2006, 08:41 PM
When I traded in my cooper for my S and they gave me a cracking trade in and did try to change it as the car was 3 months away and he gave me a trade in based on an immediate delivery, but Eastern stick with it and gave me the original proce as it was his mistake.

As has been said, it's not been your fault the car is late, it's MINIs, so any cost should be borne by them and not you.

Clare1
31st December 2006, 09:11 PM
I dont really want to get involved in saying how other dealers should be doing business. BUT, im here to help ;)
As it is not your fault that the MINI is delayed, the dealer should honour your PX price. When the deal is done the PX should be priced by the dealer to which month the car is due for delivery. If it had been yourself who had decided to change months then yes, the dealer is intitled to amend PX price accordingly, but as this is no fault of your own then the PX price agreed should be honoured.

The reason a dealer takes a deposit is to secure the build slot for you and is your security to the dealer you intend to take the car with that specification.

BUT, legally they cannot keep your deposit.

illegalhunter
31st December 2006, 09:34 PM
thanks claire id they f@@k about ill be up to give you the sale

Ivano
31st December 2006, 10:20 PM
I wonder if this could be the Douglas Park influence coming in to play now that they own them. This would not be good for the name!!!!!

Ivano

went henry bros today thinking of adding something else to spec of my new s when the saleman said we might have to look @ the price we gave you for the trade in because your no taking your car till march 1st .Told him that mini fecked it up with fuel pumps so everthing is back 3 weeks so my car gos into production on 7.2.07 1 week to build 1 week to ship & prep ,now were @ the 3rd week feb i said you better get it sorted or ill cancel right now ,he was all sheepish & said come back in after new year we will sort something out .Yuo better beleve it the trade stays or iam getting my cash back what a feckin cheek. So can i get my deposit back then ? CLAIRE!!!!!!!

Kosta
31st December 2006, 10:34 PM
Thats a bit cheeky of them.

Tell them that if they can have your car now if they give you another Mini to run around in until March.

A mate of mine has just ordered an Audi A4 Sportline TDi and it wont be here until February. The Audi dealer liked his current car and reckon they could sell it within days of putting it on sale so gave him a demonstrator A4 TDi to run around in until his arrives.