PDA

View Full Version : Fabric mats

lightbody
15th January 2004, 05:04 AM
My grey fabric mats (as fitted with pepper pack) are a bit worn 2 years on... has anyone got a spare set that they removed when fitting some fancier ones? Alternatively, how much are they from the dealer or has anyone got good alternatives to recommend

duncan
15th January 2004, 07:35 AM
The Rubber mats are great for the winter time, and are pretty cool.
They aren't cheap however, but are of the correct footwell shape.

Julz
15th January 2004, 05:24 PM
I got the rather snazzy Mini mats from my dealer that have the mini badge on them, about £50ish and they're black and don't show up so much dirt!! braw!!:D

Wul
15th January 2004, 06:07 PM
Rob - my vote also goes for the rubber ones - i have a spare set of cloth ones (chilli pack) for the front but want to keep them i'm afraid for swapping when i sell the thing (eventually).

Prices from the accessory catalogue:

Rubber Mats - F:£25 R:£14 (available in black, beige, grey, red)
Velour Mats - £40 for the set (black, beige, grey, blue)
Velour 'City' Mats (with badge) - £55 (black, beige, grey)

Gismo
15th January 2004, 07:42 PM
I agree with Wul, i got a good deal for the rubber mats and can say that they are much better than the cloth ones :)

Bonnie Scotland

Mini Martyn
16th January 2004, 08:28 PM
Rubber is always a safe option!! ;)

Big Col
16th January 2004, 09:57 PM
I agree with MM. If things are looking wet it's best to be safe and go with the rubber.

Burple
17th January 2004, 01:16 AM
Yeah, you never know what sort of nasty beasties you might trail into your'carpet'... you're safer to have good rugged rubber protection.... ;)

Willie M
19th January 2004, 05:07 PM
<raise eyebrows>... Oh dear :clown:

mgemie
16th March 2004, 09:34 AM
Aye, i agree with everyone else in that you should go with the rubber mats from your dealer. I originally had the SALT pack mats but bought myself the rubber ones as my work boots were damaged the mat fabric. The front set of rubber mats are £25 inc VAT from your MINI dealer with the rear being £14 (i think).

Wul
16th March 2004, 05:56 PM
I have a spare set of used front rubber mats if anyone wants them - still in good nick(once I clean them!) and with the fastners - free to anyone who wants to collect them!

:)