PDA

View Full Version : boot problem

niknax
28th December 2006, 05:43 AM
hi folks :) i have a problem with my boot...when i get into car the boot light comes on..so i get out and close it,i end up doing this about 6 times..drove me mad today :evil:also when i shut the car up...the boot is still open :panyone got any ideas to why this is happening :)

thanks nikki

james f
28th December 2006, 06:40 AM
could be the sensor wire on the bot catch as you can pull back the trim that sits over it as and look and see if its just come loose other wise could be a trip to the stealers

jarvis-cooper-s
29th December 2006, 03:53 AM
could be that the latch needs adjusting.my girlfriend's had this problem and got it fixed as car was still under warranty.

X30YES
29th December 2006, 11:16 PM
Yip , Its the boot catch that needs adjusting

GAJ
30th December 2006, 12:33 AM
Could just be the rubber stoppers on either side of the tailgate that need adjusting - they screw in and out. If they have become mis-adjusted the light can stay on. I'd give that a try before going back to the dealers.

X30YES
30th December 2006, 03:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Could just be the rubber stoppers on either side of the tailgate that need adjusting - they screw in and out. If they have become mis-adjusted the light can stay on. I'd give that a try before going back to the dealers.
True ...never thought of that :eek:

stoney
30th December 2006, 08:16 AM
mine did that and the boot was just out a little took it to the dealer and they ajusted it under wrantey :)

Crombers
30th December 2006, 07:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

quote:Originally posted by GAJ

True ...never thought of that :eek:

Aye , the 'old' one's are the best :approve: