PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if this is true...

Craig
27th December 2006, 06:53 AM
Article on MotoringFile re R56 Delay (http://motoringfile.com/2006/12/25/major-r56-cooper-s-production-delay/#comments)

I do hope it's not right, or the wait could be MUCH longer....:(

Scottie
27th December 2006, 07:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Article on MotoringFile re R56 Delay (http://motoringfile.com/2006/12/25/major-r56-cooper-s-production-delay/#comments)

I do hope it's not right, or the wait could be MUCH longer....:(

Craig I saw that and also on auto blog. Thought I better not post it up just on case you got MAD at me;)

3000 minis is alot of minis you might be waiting until February now.:eek:

also I heard today of a guy's Mini that was consigned and in transit ended up they got the call from dealer there car was also delayed :eek:

Craig
27th December 2006, 07:05 AM
it's OK Fi, I've decided that the only one "paying" for this delay will be MINI, NOT me..:D

3000 was not the number given to me on fri, it was significantly less than that... but also read that they are pumping out 46 cars per hour now, so that number could be true...:eek::(

as you say, it may be a while before my car actually arrives...:(;):D

james f
27th December 2006, 07:08 AM
might not be too bad craig as my mate picked up his mcs the other day

N12 JLK
28th December 2006, 04:57 AM
Lets hope James, get a bloody move on MINI before I send in Bodie & Doyle:D

markyc
28th December 2006, 05:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

Lets hope James, get a bloody move on MINI before I send in Bodie & Doyle:D

With the white Capri and the perms :question: Quality program :approve::approve::approve:;)

N12 JLK
28th December 2006, 06:11 AM
Right storm the place
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/pro_run_colour.jpg

markyc
29th December 2006, 02:03 AM
Yeh storm the place and get te work fittin they blasted fuel pumps :approve::approve::D;)

Craig
29th December 2006, 03:34 AM
Info on MINI2, now puts the number of cars "quarantined" at 6000 :eek::disapprove:

JESUS!! it's going to take an absolute age to get through all those cars to fit new fuel pumps...:(

and as Marky has said on another thread, they can't get any lorry drivers to deliver cars to Scotland this week, they will only start again next wed...:(

I wonder will happen in the new year...:question:

Scottie
29th December 2006, 05:44 AM
6000 minis do you reckon that's right:eek::eek:

that's not good.:(:(

mind you how many days production will that be.??

nope that can't be right Mini started out having the capacity to build 500 mini's in a day.

so what will it be now 750 maybe. anyone know for sure. 6000 minis is just to much they would have spotted the fault before they reached that number built. Also when you think about it thats production for all Minis per day not just the S.

nope I'm not buying the 3000 or 6000 minis story I reckon 400 sounds more like it.

Craig
29th December 2006, 05:57 AM
hey Fi, I wish it was only 2 cars that were late... mines and Jason/Lesley's so that we would get them asap. BUT Mini are still holding onto the info and not giving a delivery date..

the guy on MINI2 is a moderator and seems to have the "inside track" with Oxford...

the new year will bring more info I'm sure...:D

Scottie
29th December 2006, 06:04 AM

hey Fi, I wish it was only 2 cars that were late... mines and Jason/Lesley's so that we would get them asap. BUT Mini are still holding onto the info and not giving a delivery date..

the guy on MINI2 is a moderator and seems to have the "inside track" with Oxford...

the new year will bring more info I'm sure...:D

well Craig if it was me:eek: I would have asked for Menzies Laser Blue Cooper S demo to be made available for the run on Friday;) I'm sure they would be happy for you to put the milage on that car instead of yours also gives you a good idea on how much you will like the car also it may help you realise no matter what the wait however long will be worth while.

This could be no 1 in your demands for compensation. Remembering you still have number 2..3...4...5..6...7 demands remaining;):p:D

Craig
29th December 2006, 06:10 AM
that is an option, but they may need it for test drives should someone come in to look at the new "S" (as they have none left...)

you never know tho....;)

as for compensation - MINI like to call it "goodwill gesture".... they hate to admit that they got it wrong..;)

Scottie
29th December 2006, 06:17 AM

that is an option, but they may need it for test drives should someone come in to look at the new "S" (as they have none left...)

you never know tho....;)

as for compensation - MINI like to call it "goodwill gesture".... they hate to admit that they got it wrong..;)

well if you don't ask you don't get. I'm sure for 1 day and to keep you happy.;):p

Scottie
5th January 2007, 06:12 AM
have any of you read the latest post on Mini2. One guy today received a call from the dealer.

The 4 cars that they got delivered have not had the fuel pump problem fixed :eek::eek:

think it is now the dealer going to fix the problem.

Craig
5th January 2007, 06:38 AM
well as said before - NOTHIN' surprises me with the way MINI are going about things at the moment...:disapprove:

we shall see what happens when the nicols motor arrives tommorrow (mine is not due til tues);)

N12 JLK
5th January 2007, 07:41 AM
Can't see them putting cars out that have not been fixed. The e-mail Clare had was quite clear that they had all been fixed and that was from the Big Yin at MINI.

If so, think of the "goodwill gesture" then! think I will be asking for an S on behalf of MINI till it gets fixed and thats no joke.