PDA

View Full Version : Water running through the middle of my car

minidriver#1
24th December 2006, 08:36 AM
Every morning and it always happens first thing, when i start the car and reverse out the drive and drive off I get the sound of water rushing through the middle of the car, between the front seats. Does anyone else get this or know what it could be? For the rest of the journey the car is fine, but i just get this noise which sounds like a river running through the underside of the car, down the middle. It's strange, it's never done that in the 3 years i've had it.

Any advice, suggestions and help would be very welcome.

KJ

vintageb3
24th December 2006, 08:47 AM
First things first...have you been parking in a river overnight?

sorry...couldn't resist...:clown:

vintageb3
27th December 2006, 09:01 AM
Does this help KJ?

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faults-fixes/111144-sound-running-water-passenger-footwell.html?highlight=water+noise

mark

minidriver#1
27th December 2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks Mark! It's been ages since I used mini2. lol. Thanks for the link, i'll get in touch with Paul to see if he discovered what it was.

vintageb3
28th December 2006, 07:36 AM
Hi KJ

I was just reading stuff on there and thought "Wait a min!...the lad from from Dundee had that prob!"

Hope it helped anyway...

mark

minidriver#1
28th December 2006, 07:47 PM
I discovered it could be something to do with air getting trapped in the water coolant. The reason it goes away after a while is because the car gets warm and the air goes away or something like that. I'm going to try and fix it myself.

Burple
29th December 2006, 03:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

I discovered it could be something to do with air getting trapped in the water coolant. The reason it goes away after a while is because the car gets warm and the air goes away or something like that. I'm going to try and fix it myself.

<looks out window for the mushroom cloud and bits flying KJ / Mini> ;):p:p:p:p:p:D:D

Ivano
11th April 2007, 04:38 PM
This is happening to me now. A trickling water sound around the car at start up that i didn't have before. The Garage have been trying to fix my coolant problem, so looked at the link on this topic and read the MINI2 forum topic on this and it seems it must be that they have not bleed the air out of the system when they have replaced the coolant hence the running water sound.

I will get it back to garage to get sorted, but at least i seem to know what the problem is now....

Cheers

mini_sco
17th April 2007, 08:45 PM
yep i have same prob, my car has been to garage 2 times,, back 2moro and im goin to quote that i got my info from MINI2, cos they are so think they cant fix the thing...:mad:

Julz
17th April 2007, 09:01 PM
I had something like this with mine before I sold her. With me it was a split hose though that had let all the air in, and eventually some of the water out under pressure:dead:. Not read the link but I think it should tell you where all the wee venty bits are that let the air out, all easy to get to and I, unlike LnL have faith that a man of your standing would manage this yourself!!;):D

Bignorm
17th April 2007, 09:26 PM
i have seen this happen when i worked for another garage what garage have you taken your car to and what did they say

The Dogfather
17th April 2007, 10:24 PM
KJ, has that commode seat of yours sprung a leak?

mini_sco
18th April 2007, 12:57 AM
my car has been to mini eastern in edin twice, bunch of twats work there personally!!!
we took it firstly because the coolant was always low, even when it is filled up, after 2 days its at min, they said there was no leak.. kept happening took it back, they said they found leak in hose pipe or something.. but the coolant is still getting drank up by the car some way.. no lights are showing in dash.. so its going back 2moro and i am goin to go nuts at them!!!

Bignorm
18th April 2007, 01:08 AM
what is the reg of your car if your has been in here i will have a look at your previous job cards and when you come in ask for ME Norman

mini_sco
18th April 2007, 01:17 AM
i think we are booked in for 2moro, will prob get it in early. its sk55

Bignorm
18th April 2007, 02:43 AM
well ill be there from 8.15 come to the desk and ask for me ill come and see u and u can tell me about this problem

mini_sco
18th April 2007, 06:28 PM
hey norm, thanks for help, car is in now, hopefully it will get fixed this time.;)
Cheers

Bignorm
18th April 2007, 06:55 PM
not a problem the car does not have a leak i spoke to one of our master techs the one i was in the office with he knows things that it can be sorted this time nice car needing any mods let me know

mini_sco
18th April 2007, 07:09 PM
cheers!