PDA

View Full Version : watery boot

james f
24th December 2006, 08:27 AM
was giving the car the once over today and found 2 puddles of water under the boot liner (one on each side) but this is wear it gets a bit weird the top bit of carpet in the boot is dry as is the tool cubby in the hole its like its seaping i form each side but i can tell from were anyone had anything simialr befoure i remove the rear seats and boot carpet

Gorbash12346
26th December 2006, 01:31 AM
it will either be your rear ligh cluster gaskets or your high level brake light gasket that is/are leaking
is your car under warranty?

james f
26th December 2006, 05:43 AM
life warranty on the bits affected luckily well all the boot and rear axle and susperison due to my accident repair is all covered for life :)

Gorbash12346
26th December 2006, 08:44 AM
in which case if it's been in an accident i'd get whoever repaired it to have a look

james f
26th December 2006, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

in which case if it's been in an accident i'd get whoever repaired it to have a look

im gonna have a look myself (it took em 3 months to sort a pervios quibble) as i think your high level brake light suggestion sounds best and nore likely as i did have a look in the bits behind the low lights and it looks quite dry in there

redpoint rallying
28th December 2006, 07:10 AM
James,

I have had this....it was a small leak from the water pipe that feeds the rear screen washer jet. The water found its way down the inner boot skin and collected in the boot, hence the dry carpet etc. Sorted under warranty and new boot 'handle' and reg. plate light assembly as the leak had corroded the fixings.

Hope that helps

M

james f
28th December 2006, 07:17 AM
ah cool that makes sense will have a look in the morning when its light and i can pull the boot apart if i need to as i think the place that repaired it could have left a bit loose

james f
28th December 2006, 11:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by redpoint rallying

James,

I have had this....it was a small leak from the water pipe that feeds the rear screen washer jet. The water found its way down the inner boot skin and collected in the boot, hence the dry carpet etc. Sorted under warranty and new boot 'handle' and reg. plate light assembly as the leak had corroded the fixings.

Hope that helps

M

spot on mate took the boot apart today and it was the washer :)now ot pester bmw