PDA

View Full Version : Temptation

ianking
22nd December 2006, 11:36 PM
Im tempted but its alot of pennies. I have suffered the depreciation of a 1 series before but i am drawn to 1 again. Mabe I would keep this car a bit longer than the last 1 series I had as im a wee bit more insureable now and the fact that Sarah will have a new mini means I wont be mini less .

http://www.johnclarktaysidebmw.co.uk/usedbmw/view_model.html?dolnDealerID=16308&currentCh=WBAUG52000PW69705

illegalhunter
23rd December 2006, 01:57 AM
its very nice i must admit but still those pesky runflats

KenL
23rd December 2006, 03:52 AM
Sorry, but I really don't like the 1-series. For that money you would be better buying a 3-series...

...or why not have a look at a Golf GTI (brilliant car) or even a GT with 170bhp diesel or 1.4TSI engine. A better looking and more practical car, build quality is also excellent. I would also think residuals would be at least as good or better than a 1-series.

illegalhunter
23rd December 2006, 03:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Sorry, but I really don't like the 1-series. For that money you would be better buying a 3-series...

...or why not have a look at a Golf GTI (brilliant car) or even a GT with 170bhp diesel or 1.4TSI engine. A better looking and more practical car, build quality is also excellent. I would also think residuals would be at least as good or better than a 1-series.
well put i had a 325i it was a flying machine

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2006, 04:01 AM
Ian, that's a cracker.:D

The Le Mans Blue is just a fantastic colour. And the 120d M Sport should go like sh!t off a shovel.

A.;):approve::D

Scottie
23rd December 2006, 06:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

The Le Mans Blue is just a fantastic colour. And the 120d M Sport should go like sh!t off a shovel.

well it's quick for a diesel but not really like sh1te of a shovel.

Ian thought you were not to happy with your last 1'er I seem to remember defending the 1'er to you when you were getting the Mini but you were having none of it.??

what's changed??

Craig
23rd December 2006, 07:04 PM
sorry Ian, never liked the 1 series, think it is overpriced, when you can get a 3 series for just a little more £££ :D

ianking
24th December 2006, 03:23 AM
I seem to fancy one again. My insurance was mental for my last 1 series but I can now get quotes for under £1k now that im a wee bit older. Plus I love le mans blue. Just fancy having something a wee bit bigger to go along side the new R56 when it arrives.
I looked at the golf before but I found the inside a bit drab.
For the 3 series that I would want (320D sport or M sport with hi fi upgrade and leather) it would cost about £27k which is well over my budget.

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2006, 04:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Ok.

More like snot off a hanky then.;)

A.:D

Scottie
24th December 2006, 05:08 AM

Ok.

A A A A A A tissue.:D:):cool: snort snort ahh better

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2006, 05:26 AM

Ok.

A A A A A A tissue.:D:):cool: snort snort ahh better

Bleshu.;)

Scottie
24th December 2006, 05:29 AM
thank you.:D:p

alanm73
24th December 2006, 09:46 PM
If i was going to buy a 1 Series it would have to one of these,

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/auc/car_details/0,5079,1260_159980106__,00.html?currentCh=WBAUF920 60PS88385

Now that does go like sh1te of a shovel[

Mini Me
24th December 2006, 10:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

I seem to fancy one again. My insurance was mental for my last 1 series but I can now get quotes for under £1k now that im a wee bit older. Plus I love le mans blue. Just fancy having something a wee bit bigger to go along side the new R56 when it arrives.
I looked at the golf before but I found the inside a bit drab.
For the 3 series that I would want (320D sport or M sport with hi fi upgrade and leather) it would cost about £27k which is well over my budget.

i remember i man who couldn't get out of his 1 Series quick enough :eek::blackeye:;)

Mon the fish
25th December 2006, 01:52 AM
Only 1 series worth getting is the 130i, well at least until they bring out the 135i :p

euan
25th December 2006, 02:33 AM
In the defence of the 1 series, I had a loan of one the other week when my car was in getting serviced. Was determined to hate it, but actually quite liked it. And it was a 118i auto (surely destined to make me yawn!)

Would I buy one? no - I'd buy a used 3 as the residuals have taken a hit since the new model came out.

If I were to buy a one series though I'd be very tempted by that car as it has everything I'd want in one. 130 is quick, but totally overpriced and I'd rather get an R32 (or an A3 turbo quattro) than one.

ianking
25th December 2006, 03:48 AM
Well the 130 would be good but im sure its only about 1.5 secs quicker to 60 than the 120D. Plus fuel and insurance costs will me steep.
Still just thinking about it. Mabe will just go for another mini and keep us a 3 mini family:)