PDA

View Full Version : Hadrian's Wall Run - Mini Clan- 28th March

Monsta Mo Mini
15th January 2004, 01:27 AM
John form the Mini Clan has contacted NMS with an invite to join them on a forthcoming run:

Hi there,
How would newminiscotland fancy a Hadrian's Wall run with the
Mini Clan and perhaps some other clubs?

We did the run with the West Yorkshire Club last March and got a fair bit of mag coverage as a result as well as a good 'hands across the border' day out for both clubs and is worth repeating this year. We met at a pub near the wall, had lunch and convoyed along side the wall on some really good mini friendly roads.
We could do it on the same basis as last year and perhaps even get some other North of England clubs involved as well.

I have emailed West Yorkshire, Border City, Northumberland, Clyde, Mini Eccosse and North East Mini Club to gauge interest.
Any thoughts?

John Smith
Organising Committee
The Mini Clan

GAJ
15th January 2004, 01:49 AM
I might be interested, depends on the date.

macblob
15th January 2004, 01:52 AM
Same here , sounds good depending on date :D

seany
15th January 2004, 03:47 AM
whats the date

john smith
15th January 2004, 04:37 AM
How about Sunday 28th March?
Doesn't appear to clash with any pre-planned and publicised events.

minidriver#1
15th January 2004, 04:39 AM
sounds good to me :)

lightbody
15th January 2004, 04:48 AM
I'll be there :)

seany
15th January 2004, 05:11 AM
put me and the wife down as a maybe, thanks

weefossy
15th January 2004, 05:48 AM
We're up for it. Great to have joint classic/new Mini Run.28/03 seems fine:D

Davidson2
15th January 2004, 06:38 AM
Would love to do this run, please put me down as a maybe, Im working in NY so if flights (jet lag) go to schedule Im there!:eightball:

Kirsty
15th January 2004, 09:23 AM
I could possible be there too!! :)Can I be put down as a maybe please!!!:D:D

minidriver#1
15th January 2004, 09:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kirsty

I could possible be there too!! :)Can I be put down as a maybe please!!!:D:D

maybe :D

Willie M
15th January 2004, 04:17 PM
Oh go on then ;) I'm sure Mrs M. and I will be there in some shape or form :cool:
Welcome to NMS John. Splendid idea by the way :cool:

Julz
15th January 2004, 05:13 PM
We'll come too!!!:D

Gismo
15th January 2004, 07:12 PM
I will attend providing i'm not away working :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

Burple
15th January 2004, 08:42 PM
Gaun then!!! One for me too!!!
Just so long as I'm NOT Number 13 again on THIS list!!!!!!!! ;):D

Gismo
15th January 2004, 08:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Gaun then!!! One for me too!!!
Just so long as I'm NOT Number 13 again on THIS list!!!!!!!! ;):D
What are the chances of you actually turning up on time if you are not No 13 :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

Burple
15th January 2004, 08:54 PM
Ooooooooooooohhhhh... meow ;):D

OK.. I promise to be on time so long as I'm not Number 13!!:evil: :cool::D:D:D

broken_brian
16th January 2004, 08:50 AM
i might be up for this as long as im not working and u put ewan no 13 on the list :D

Duncan Stewart
16th January 2004, 05:36 PM
I would like to do the run but probably cannot if it is definitely the on the 28th March.

Tahra
16th January 2004, 07:26 PM
Would have loved to have done it, espec since the last time I drove along Hadrian's Wall was in Cedric my 1981 Classic !:evil: But I think the date is a no-go. Yah boo sucks etc....:disapprove:

Burple
1st March 2004, 08:34 AM
Hey guys...

Any update on this??? :D

macblob
1st March 2004, 05:45 PM
I canny go if its the 28th :disapprove:

Kirsty
1st March 2004, 06:55 PM
I wanna go I wanna go!!!! PWEEEZE!!!!! It is still going ahead isn't it?? After yesterdays run I'm all excited about the next one!! <stamps feet in an excited sort of way> 28th is ok for me!!!

Julz
1st March 2004, 06:56 PM

<stamps feet in an excited sort of way>

That's not like you, heh heh!!:p:D

Kirsty
1st March 2004, 06:59 PM
No thats what I thought!! HEE HEE!!! How's the fumb and ear twidling going??!! HEE HEE!!! Sorry I digress yet again!!

Julz
1st March 2004, 07:18 PM
Bottom wip is out just now!! Ewan has almost mastered the fumb and ear twiddle, I'm very impressed!!:approve:

minidriver#1
1st March 2004, 07:45 PM
me wants to go.

Mini Martyn
1st March 2004, 09:03 PM
Will this be an over night run?

Kirsty
1st March 2004, 10:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Bottom wip is out just now!! Ewan has almost mastered the fumb and ear twiddle, I'm very impressed!!:approve:

He is actually scarily good at it isn't he!!?? We will have to set him a new challenge me thinks!! Hmmm....lemesee!!! Have to put my thinking cap on!!:p

Could be a sleep over I suppose, what does everyone else think?? Would save pennies tho if we did a "dawn raiders" thing!!!!:D

Burple
2nd March 2004, 01:06 AM

Originally posted by Julz

I'm good, me.... ;):cool::D

quote:
He is actually scarily good at it isn't he!!?? We will have to set him a new challenge me thinks!! Hmmm....lemesee!!! Have to put my thinking cap on!!:p

ooooooooohhh an new chalenge... better go get my yellow jumpsuit on?
Does my bum look big in this?? ;):p

quote:
Could be a sleep over I suppose, what does everyone else think?? Would save pennies tho if we did a "dawn raiders" thing!!!!:D

tee hee... yeah... get in under their radar while the buggers are still sleeping.. ;)

That would be a scary early start...
maybe be as well NOT going to bed!! heh heh heh
I'm not fusssed, either way would be cool with me, but the cheapness option would be good! :D

zimbo
2nd March 2004, 02:06 AM
Ahhhh maybe....

broken_brian
2nd March 2004, 02:32 AM
woo hoo im w/end off on this one so count me in providing the purple people eater behaves its self or someone could volunteer to have a co pilot :D

phantom
2nd March 2004, 04:19 AM
Put me down for this one as well please, bring Mrs B as well, as she realy enjoyed our first run to St A's yesterday. :D

weefossy
3rd March 2004, 06:21 AM
Have we any more details for this run? Where and when is the start point? Is there another thread that i am missing?

Gismo
3rd March 2004, 12:31 PM
Looks highly likely i'm gonna be at home for this run, as weefossy asked, are there any updates or confirmations etc :)

Willie M
3rd March 2004, 04:22 PM
I'll e-mail a couple of my contacts at the Mini Clan and see if they can shed any further light on it.

Duncan Stewart
3rd March 2004, 05:30 PM
Full detail of the run are to be in the Mini Clan March newletter but that ain't arrived yet. No more details on thier website.

Big Col
3rd March 2004, 06:32 PM
Ok. I realise this is probably a really stupid question, and I'm bracing myself for the abuse, but what/who is the Mini Clan?

Duncan Stewart
3rd March 2004, 07:19 PM
It's a Mini club (current model & classic) based in the central belt of Scotland - they have monthly meetings in Glasgow & Edinburgh and arrange various events - runs, rolling roads etc
Check out http://www.miniclan.com/ for further info

Davidson2
5th March 2004, 06:15 AM
Ill find my News letter and let you know

john smith
8th March 2004, 04:22 AM
After a bit of time where you probably thought I was winding you up I can now give you these little unimportant details like where and when.
Initially two start points, one nominally East and one nominally West.
East: Meet at Lower Car Park Hillend Dry Ski Slope (off the Edinburgh Bypass) at 1015 for a 1030 departure heading for the A7 and towards Selkirk.

West: Meet at Bothwell Services on the M74 at 0915 for a 0930 departure heading for the A72 and eventually the A7 and Selkirk via Lanark and Peebles.

Both convoys meet in car park at Dunedin Motor Company (New Mini Dealer) and head south via Hawick and Langholm to Longtown and Brampton and to meet with our Southern friends at the Twice Brewed Bar and Restaurant on the B6318 for a pub lunch. If busy there are another two hostelries doing bar food nearby.
Having had will drive alongside the wall - on roads - and weather permitting will go for a wander on foot to a roman fort at Housesteads. So don't wear your Roman sandals!
I would reckon we would end the day having a cup of tea and eccles cake at the teraroom at the Talkin Tarn Country park just South of Brampton before we head North South East and West.

I hope this is enough to be getting on with but I will post further info very soon.

John Smith

john smith
8th March 2004, 04:26 AM
By the way in case you didn't know Dunedin's is in Selkirk just off the A7 beside a huge Coop Furniture Warehouse shop type thing!
I reckon - with the help of my route planner - that we will be in Selkirk for 1130 and at Lunch for 1330.

We will have some toilet stops and regroup stops en route and have identified a petrol station in Haltwhistle where the small tanked classics will need to refuel!

John

Julz
8th March 2004, 05:01 PM
Excellent, now we just need to figure out times for the convoy down!! For the northerners, I reckon KFC only, as the Esso in Perth is at the wrong end!! Anyone any ideas of a time??:p

Burple
8th March 2004, 06:45 PM

Excellent, now we just need to figure out times for the convoy down!! For the northerners, I reckon KFC only, as the Esso in Perth is at the wrong end!! Anyone any ideas of a time??:p

yup... sounds good..
Reckon we'll need a good hour and a bit to get to Hillend from KFC..
About 8.30 at KFC to make sure?
(quick pit stop at Dunfermline to pick up the Dodgy Fifers on the way past??;):D:cool: tee hee)

Burple
8th March 2004, 06:56 PM
Ok...
So who have we got going then? and where are we all meeting?
It looks (so far) like it will be...

1. LnL & Kirsty (one car)
2. Julz 'n Rob
3. Lightbody
4. KJ
6. Seany and Una (one car)
7. Weefossy and Siobhan
8. KAH (+2)
9. Davidson2
10. Tahra
11. Broken Brian
12. Phantom and Mrs B
13. Neil and Lorna
14. TribalMini
15. Duncan S and Helen
16. AndyP
17. Neil

Dundee :(and north) KFC Dundee, leaving at 8.30?
Dunfermline : BP Garage, leaving at 9.30?
Then on to Hillend...

Anybody else wanna come an play?? :D:cool::D:cool::clown:

Duncan Stewart
8th March 2004, 08:06 PM
Helen and I will be there (in my classic). Don't we need to register our attendance with the Mini Clan? No sign of the March newsletter yet.

taz2822
8th March 2004, 08:35 PM
Interested in this one, once firm details are forthcoming, can't drive up to Scotland just to come back home so more than likely I'll meet up with you guys somewhere on route in the middle,-At least we'll share a sandwich or something.

Tahra
8th March 2004, 10:37 PM
Hey the date doesnt clash with anything now so Im a maybe (fingers crossed) think the other half might be busy. Will get me out of DIY !!

phantom
9th March 2004, 02:28 AM
Im a dodgy fifer, so Dunfermline would be good, suggest the Halbeath est which has Currys superstore on it which is right next to motorway, anyone else want to meet here? :blackeye:

john smith
9th March 2004, 03:52 AM
No need to register with the Clan for this.
We'll keep an eye on this forum and work out numbers from the postings here.
Thanks for your interest - should be a fun day out!

John Smith
The Mini Clan

By the way the Mini Clan Newsletter is a little late this month as the Hadrian's run detail had to be sorted out before posting. Should be with you shortly - and it includes entry forms for The Thistle Run - Falkirk Wheel to Anstruther on Sunday 30th May.
£10.00 entry before end of March £12.50 after that!!
Entry buys a run pack, Magnetic Plaque and sticker plus some other goodies! Run open to non Clan members - you are all welcome!

Tahra
9th March 2004, 11:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

Im a dodgy fifer, so Dunfermline would be good, suggest the Halbeath est which has Currys superstore on it which is right next to motorway, anyone else want to meet here? :blackeye:

That means going into Dunfermline !! Which direction are you coming from ? Theres always the BP service station at Halbeath even closer to the motorway.....:)

phantom
10th March 2004, 12:59 AM
Hi Tahra, durr! never thought about that as I will pass it as I will be coming from the dual carrige way from Kirkcaldy, so the BP garage it is. :clown:

zimbo
10th March 2004, 04:32 AM
Yeh you can put me down for this one too.

Willie M
10th March 2004, 04:09 PM
Sorry folks, Linda and I ain't going to manage this one now :( Afraid I'm going to be sunning myself in Scarborough that weekend :cool:

Tahra
10th March 2004, 05:24 PM

Hi Tahra, durr! never thought about that as I will pass it as I will be coming from the dual carrige way from Kirkcaldy, so the BP garage it is. :clown:

Does that mean you're a Morrison's baby ?? Can meet you closer than that - we're in B'island...:)

Mini Martyn
10th March 2004, 08:18 PM
Im not going to be able to make this one either, away to Dublin for a Stag / Rugby weekend!! ;)

Burple
10th March 2004, 08:38 PM
** Post Updated On Page 3 ;)**

With Peeps, Locations and Times....

any more for any more?? :cool::D

seany
10th March 2004, 10:02 PM
perth esso is 45min to Edinburgh

phantom
11th March 2004, 02:16 AM
Hi again Tahra, whats a morrison's babe :question: What about Kirkaldy then we live in Colinsburgh, what would be a good spot to meet there for you. Ok I am a computer biffer so how do you add the quote bit for your replies and how do add the info on your car to your replies.:clown:.

Burple
11th March 2004, 02:26 AM

Hi again Tahra, whats a morrison's babe :question: What about Kirkaldy then we live in Colinsburgh, what would be a good spot to meet there for you. Ok I am a computer biffer so how do you add the quote bit for your replies and how do add the info on your car to your replies.:clown:.

Ay-oop Chris.. to quote messages, click on the wee "Reply with Quote" button above the post (over the pointer over them - they tell you what they do) and... Ta-Da!! it should work...

For the info in your wee signature thing.... have a wee lookee at this link
Here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/faq.asp) and this should answer lots of questions..

How's that for service? Right.. I'm off home.... lookit the bleedin time!! ;):D

phantom
11th March 2004, 02:38 AM

Ay-oop Chris.. to quote messages, click on the wee "Reply with Quote" button above the post (over the pointer over them - they tell you what they do) and... Ta-Da!! it should work...

For the info in your wee signature thing.... have a wee lookee at this link
Here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/faq.asp) and this should answer lots of questions..

How's that for service? Right.. I'm off home.... lookit the bleedin time!! ;):D

Thanks Ewan :D

phantom
11th March 2004, 03:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tahra

Does that mean you're a Morrison's baby ?? Can meet you closer than that - we're in B'island...:)
Ok, Whilst in bath it suddenly dawned on me, the garage, Morrisons:I Oh I need to get out more, no its a John Clark's baby as I work in Dundee.:clown:

Duncan Stewart
11th March 2004, 05:59 PM
** Post Updated On Page 3 ;)**
any more for any more?? :cool::D

Add Helen and I please

Tahra
11th March 2004, 10:52 PM
Euan, youve got me down twice !! Ill stick with no.10 rather than 13 ! Hey Im so organised a t the mo, Ive even sent the cheque off for the Thistle run - can't last.... Anyway Monsieur & Mme Phantom how about the B&Q end of the Esplanade ? Then we can do the Orrick quarry road along to the motorway ??:approve:

Neil and Lorna
11th March 2004, 11:59 PM
Hi folks
WE enjoyed our first ever run last month to st andrews.
So put us down for the Hadrians wall run on the 28 march thanks.
We will meet up with you at Selkirk.
Neil and Lorna poole

Burple
12th March 2004, 12:20 AM

Euan, youve got me down twice !! Ill stick with no.10 rather than 13 ! Hey Im so organised a t the mo, Ive even sent the cheque off for the Thistle run - can't last.... Anyway Monsieur & Mme Phantom how about the B&Q end of the Esplanade ? Then we can do the Orrick quarry road along to the motorway ??:approve:

Just testing ;);):D

So... where and when are people down your way gonna meet?
cos we can all meet up into one convoy rather than 2 wee ones...
Now wouldn't that look good?!?! :D:D:D

Tahra
12th March 2004, 01:54 AM
Well how about you decide a time for the BP at Halbeath ?? Not really a detour coming down from Dundee and only about 20mins ( at most on a Sunday) from Hillend.

phantom
12th March 2004, 03:42 AM

Sounds good to me Tahra, just need a time so we can meet the Dundee lot and were rolling.:D

Tahra
12th March 2004, 05:28 PM
Well once Euan decides a time the Dundee contingent are coming down, we can aim for 20-30mins beforehand?

Duncan Stewart
12th March 2004, 05:32 PM
Hi Tahra & Chris (Phantom). Helen & I will be heading out from St.Andrews - Is it OK to meet up with you at B&Q in Kirkcaldy as well?

phantom
13th March 2004, 12:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Hi Tahra & Chris (Phantom). Helen & I will be heading out from St.Andrews - Is it OK to meet up with you at B&Q in Kirkcaldy as well?
Looking foward to meeting you again.:D:D:D

Heather
13th March 2004, 04:57 AM
New to all of this but would like to come along and ogle other peoples minis! Never been on one before can anyone tell me if i need to bring anything, what to expect etc. Ta

:D

Julz
13th March 2004, 05:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

tell me if i need to bring anything:D

Just you and your mini, and a passenger or 3 if you want!!
You can expect a good day out with a selection of hoodlums and the odd sensible person, but they generally aren't with us!!:p

minidriver#1
15th March 2004, 02:40 AM
Can i take my name off the list please? i'm not going to be here.

AndyP & Lenore
15th March 2004, 09:44 AM
OK. Sorted. Holiday return brought forward by one day just so we can go on the Hadrian's Wall run.

Me & Lenore will be there. We'll meet up with the rest at Selkirk meet at Dunedin MINI. It's only 5 mins away from our front door.

Speaking of which, we stuck our head in the door the other day, they don't know anything about it :D Imagine their surprise when 20 odd MINI's turn up on the morning of the 28th.

Looking forward to meeting up with all the others again. Also looking forward to joining up with classic's.

Since St.Andrew's we've spent about £10G (in our heads) on aerodynamic kits, viper induction kits, one clicks, spoilers, bonnet stripes, alloy wh...... the list goes on.

AndyP + Lenore.

zimbo
16th March 2004, 02:09 AM
Please take my name off this list as well thank you and sorry...

macblob
16th March 2004, 04:51 AM
Can I also be removed from this one,.......going to be in London that weekend

seany
16th March 2004, 09:55 PM
bring 2 minis

Gismo
16th March 2004, 11:13 PM
Sorry, yet another run i can't attend, any more of this and i'll be getting a Wul complex :blackeye:
Please remove my name from the list :(

AndyP & Lenore
17th March 2004, 10:12 AM
(AndyP promptly checks his underarm for b.o.)

Since I said we were going there's been a mad exodus from the list.

Your worrying me. Something I don't know?

AndyP

Julz
17th March 2004, 04:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP

Something I don't know?

They're all spoil sports, that's all, and Bonnie Scotland is becoming a regular at this, and is starting to make Wul look like a regular attender!!;):p:clown:

KAH
19th March 2004, 07:48 PM
can i come ???????
Bothwell services is right next to my work so thats great!!

Who's all leaving from there??

It'll be me and my two mates again!!

seany
19th March 2004, 10:10 PM
only 1 car coming now

Burple
19th March 2004, 11:21 PM
**List Of People Coming Updated In Post On Page 3**

anymore?? :D:D:cool:

phantom
20th March 2004, 03:26 AM
Hi to all the dodgy Fifers, Tahra, Duncan and Helen, hope I did not forget anyone. Looks like plan is to depart from Dunfermline for 9.30am, so how about we meet at the esplanade next to B&Q/ Bus Station at 8.30am for a depart to Dunfirmline at 8.45am. Should arrive around 9.15am. Also everyone dont forget that the Sunday is the start of British summer time so all your clocks go forward one hour.:cool:

Duncan Stewart
20th March 2004, 04:44 AM
Times fine for me & Helen. See you there.

lightbody
21st March 2004, 04:18 AM
I'm still going! :-D

broken_brian
22nd March 2004, 06:37 AM
looks like i wont be making this one due to my car having to limp home from the bowling with its exhaust dragging on the ground for the last couple of miles at least :( i missed work the next morning so will need to work next sunday to make up for it :disapprove:boo work sucks :dead::dead:

ianking
22nd March 2004, 08:48 PM
I might be able to meet at hillend car park just depends on work load with uni assignments.

Will try my best because it sounds good.

sjfield1
23rd March 2004, 09:27 PM
I should be able to go.

Mini one - yellow

ianking
23rd March 2004, 10:43 PM
Just toconfirm will deffinately be going. My mate is going to come with as well. In the passenger seat though. I will be at hillend car park for 10.15.
Ian

KAH
23rd March 2004, 11:19 PM
BOLLOCKS!!

CANT COME NOW
BEING SENT TO WOLVERHAMPTON ON MONDAY FOR 4 WEEKS CAUSE OF WORK

WELL GUTTED!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOON ONE ANYWAY

Tahra
24th March 2004, 04:17 AM
8.30am at Esplanade, Kdy, is fine with us. See you there (hopefully with ears...)

T&J

ELFMAN
24th March 2004, 05:27 AM
I was hanging off til the last minute, now know I can't make it - work's too busy! Hope all you guys have a great run on the day.

Also discovered that the Mini Clan Thistle Run is on the same day as I jet off for a tour of the old bits of Spain for a week. Timing is everything they say......

robbea
24th March 2004, 06:21 PM
Hello,

I am supposed to be collecting my new mini today. If I do get it today I will come along.

Thanks

Julz
24th March 2004, 08:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by robbea

Hello,

I am supposed to be collecting my new mini today. If I do get it today I will come along.

Thanks

Welcome to NMS Robbea, congrats on your new Mini which you'll hopefully be showing off this weekend!!

seany
24th March 2004, 10:34 PM
sorry to hear that elfman, no prizes for you this year.

robbea
25th March 2004, 12:16 AM
Just picked the car up. Black looks nicer than i thought. I am also the 1st 04 plate in the car park at work so everybody has commented on it.

Thanks for the welcome, and I am looking forward to Sunday

quote:Originally posted by robbea

Hello,

Thanks

Welcome to NMS Robbea, congrats on your new Mini which you'll hopefully be showing off this weekend!!

ELFMAN
25th March 2004, 05:16 PM
Aye Seany, thought I'd give you a chance this year!!! Have a nice one.

john smith
26th March 2004, 04:19 AM
At the latest count we have 12 cars going from The Mini Clan and 18 from New Mini Scotland, so I reckon that one aspect of this run is becoming a victim of its own popularity. This doesn't count our English participants and anyone who may join us from any other Scottish Clubs - Caledonian, Mintax and Clyde Valley.
The original RV point at the wall, the Twice Brewed Pub and Car Park, will not be able to cope with 30 cars and their occupants for either lunch or parking so I reckon we have to either consider having a lunch stop in a variety of locations - The Twice Brewed has another two hostelries near at hand - or consider bringing packed lunches.
The packed lunch option means that we could park in one of the wall side carparks - probably at Steel Rig which has a large car park and public toilets. This would give us a good starting point for the run and a base to explore sections of the wall on foot.
Any thoughts?

John Smith
The Mini Clan

AndyP & Lenore
26th March 2004, 05:53 AM
We'll go ready with a packed lunch. We would prefer a bar lunch but realise the logistical problems. So, if a pub lunch is doable, we'll do it. If not, we'll be all ready with our sarnies, coke and crisps.

Looking forward to the run either way.

Andrew & Lenore.

Neil and Lorna
26th March 2004, 06:58 AM
Same here on the packed lunch/bar lunch.

Poked my head in to Dunedin Selkirk the other day(its only 10 mins from my front door)they say they are going to open up at 1130am for us,usually they open at 12 noon. They are laying on refreshments for anybody who requires tea/coffee and a comfort stop.

See you all Sunday.

Neil & Lorna

Heather
26th March 2004, 05:58 PM
who is meeting at bothwell service station??? Take it i have not got it wrong and this is where the west coasters are meeting?? Sarnies are ok with me too.:)

lightbody
26th March 2004, 06:57 PM
I'll be at Beautiful Bothwell... with a bunch of the Clanners I think.

Tahra
26th March 2004, 07:11 PM
Sarnies are fine with us - as long as theres a toilet( and not a Trainspotting one:dead:) at whatever carpark you choose !

Steve74
26th March 2004, 07:12 PM
Just realised I can go as I don't leave for my London trip until Monday!

Count me in for the Hillend meet point and lunch in the carpark is fine for me!:cool:

john smith
26th March 2004, 07:39 PM
The Steel Rig Car Park has really modern and clean toilets - they were clean on the recce anyway! Must something to do with National Trust and National Park status.
There will be a few Clanners at Bothwell Services so you won't be alone tribalmini.
Looking forward to it - now to fix the weather.......

Duncan Stewart
26th March 2004, 09:47 PM
I was thinking about taking a packed lunch anyway so fine with me.

minidriver#1
26th March 2004, 10:03 PM
this is gonna be great. i'm packin a lunch.

phantom
27th March 2004, 01:08 AM
Packed lunch perfect for us too, Just another reminder to everyone, BRITISH SUMMER TIME STARTS ON SUNDAY morning, so clocks go forward one hour. :cool::cool::cool:

Julz
28th March 2004, 02:18 AM
Well, dunno if I'll be back online before tomorrow, so will see all you Dundee neds at KFC at 8.30 (or 7.30 in real time <yawn>:sleepy:):clown:

Julz
28th March 2004, 03:08 AM
Oh, and, um, a bit of de ja wotsit, have a look at numbers 3 and 5 on the list of peeps coming!!;)

Burple
28th March 2004, 03:44 AM

Oh, and, um, a bit of de ja wotsit, have a look at numbers 3 and 5 on the list of peeps coming!!;)

Yeah yeah yeah... Smarta*se... ;);):p

weefossy
28th March 2004, 04:24 AM
We will see you all at Hillend. Sioban will no doubt have 10 gallon flask and enough sannies for a "legion". hope the weather is as good as today.

Burple
28th March 2004, 05:03 AM
Oh yeah...
I'll be passing KFC about 8ish on me way to pick up my Glam assistant / Glam Co-Pilot :kiss:;).. so I'll stop by to see if anyone's there...<yawn>

But I'll see all you reprobates at Dunfermline!!

right, the pub beckons for a quiet wee soft drink ;)...
See y'all tomorrow!!! :D:D:D:cool:

phantom
29th March 2004, 06:13 AM
Great day out again, did any one see the wall:evil: How fun was us getting lost:p Good to get to talk to more of you and looking forward to our next outing :D:D

lightbody
29th March 2004, 06:14 AM
OK so how come the only time my tyre warning light has EVER come on, is while i'm leading a pack of lost MINIS/Minis to try and find the rest of the run!? ARGH!

A good day out, but I'm exhausted now... shame about the weather... was responsible for a relatively low turnout from the Clan I think, although NMS came out in force... should have some good photos too!

weefossy
29th March 2004, 07:16 AM
Well, we were at the start..... and we were at the finish...... but i'm not quite sure where we were, or what happened in between? By the way, that wall needs pointing!!

lightbody
29th March 2004, 07:21 AM
http://equifes.roblz.com/mini_runs/hadrians_04/page_01.htm

Some photos!

dj_tigger1982
29th March 2004, 07:49 AM
Hey all, sorry I might not belong here but I attended the Run today in kermit (cooper 97) and it was a great day out, shame we got a bitty lost at some points but all in all it was a fabby day out.

Will get some piccys up on my website (below) tomorrow after work

Mike

http://kermitthemini.no-ip.com

robbea
29th March 2004, 08:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

http://equifes.roblz.com/mini_runs/hadrians_04/page_01.htm

Some photos!

Some nice pics there. I hope to have my pics online by monday night. First mini run I have been on, thought it was loads of fun. Thanks for a great day.

Robert

AndyP & Lenore
29th March 2004, 09:34 AM
Great Run!!! Thanks to John Smith for the organising. Some pics are sitting on the link below.

AndyP

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirunpics.htm

Julz
29th March 2004, 04:57 PM
Some great photos there, and don't worry folks, the idiot on Lightbodys photo no. 76 was chased away again!!;):D

Duncan Stewart
29th March 2004, 05:39 PM
Great day, great run, great people with great cars. What more can I say :):D:cool:

Heather
29th March 2004, 06:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by dj_tigger1982

Hey all, sorry I might not belong here

Off course you belong. My first run too and i am still speechless. Great people, great cars, great scenery and great fun. Was a privillege to take part. Looking forward to the next. Put some photos in my mini2 galley.
heather

Steve74
29th March 2004, 06:13 PM
Lots of fun! Thanks to everyone for making it another great run!:cool: I'll post some photos when I get back from Lon next week!

Burple
29th March 2004, 08:49 PM
Fantastic Run Guys!!
Big thanks to all those who turned up, and even more to the organisers!
Where were we????? tee hee hee ;):D

All was well after we chased off those pesky numpty invaders from our wall eh Julz?? ;):D:cool:

Julz
29th March 2004, 09:49 PM

All was well after we chased off those pesky numpty invaders from our wall eh Julz?? ;):D:cool:

Precisely, get off our land, grrrrrrrrrrr;):clown:

Tahra
29th March 2004, 10:30 PM
We visited the temple just up the Wall a bit ( strangely enough it had been used recently, lots of Ikea lanterns and potted plants ???!) The run passed us just as we were coming back - it was really impressive to see a run go past.:cool::cool: Shame we were a small muddy field too far away to wave or take photos.....:(

Burple
30th March 2004, 12:52 AM
Hey....

I gotta go Wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee!!!

Bwah hah hah hah...

I got pics of you guys mooning off the wall to the English side!!
;););):cool::D:D:p

Julz
30th March 2004, 05:53 AM
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!:evil::D

Ewan, I just noticed, Bonnie Scotlands avatar on Mini2, remind you of anything??:D:D

Now, with any luck, there should be some piccies here.......:p

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/30047_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/30047.jpg)

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/30048_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/30048.jpg)

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/30049_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/30049.jpg)

dj_tigger1982
30th March 2004, 10:55 PM
Ok cool well If I belong here that is cool

The pics were great, and I have not edited my webpage and they are on there as well

http://kermitthemini.no-ip.com

Enjoy

Burple
31st March 2004, 08:50 AM

Ewan, I just noticed, Bonnie Scotlands avatar on Mini2, remind you of anything??:D:D

bwah hah hah hah...
yeah... that reminds me...
I'll try to remember to bring me camera into work tomorro to get the pics and stuff off it..
I'll try to post the Video ;) on me website too... bu tif not, I'll send it to ya! :D:D:p:cool:;):eek:

Julz
31st March 2004, 04:43 PM
Oh dear!!!:D:D

Linda M
31st March 2004, 10:08 PM
Cool pics Rob, looked like you all had fun :)