PDA

View Full Version : Halo Sidelights

OBN
21st December 2006, 07:22 AM
After slightly hijacking Zimbo's 'My Graphic' thread I've decided to order myself a nice pair of Halo Sidelights..

newministuff.com want £69.62 inc delivery for them

lohen want £72.70 inc delivery for them (they are doing free fitting on them, but errm bit far to travel)

Is there anywhere else I should try or is it possible to get a NMS discount from either of the above?

Sweeney
21st December 2006, 07:24 AM
http://www.essentialmini.co.uk/HALO.htm

OBN
21st December 2006, 07:35 AM
Nice one £60.28 inc delivery deff going in the right direction.

Are they all exactly the same or are there diff brands/quality?

OBN
21st December 2006, 07:41 AM
£63.00 in delivery from GBK performance (anyone heard of them?)

Sweeney
21st December 2006, 07:47 AM
As far as i know they'll be the same

Craig
21st December 2006, 04:32 PM
they should all be made by the same company (Ultra)... :D

OBN
22nd December 2006, 03:45 AM
Just before I order, Lohen are the only company to ask, which model Mini and what year. Do they vary between Cooper and Cooper S and/or with the facelight model?

Or are they all the same?

markyc
22nd December 2006, 04:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

After slightly hijacking Zimbo's 'My Graphic' thread I've decided to order myself a nice pair of Halo Sidelights..

lohen want £72.70 inc delivery for them (they are doing free fitting on them, but errm bit far to travel)

Is there anywhere else I should try or is it possible to get a NMS discount from either of the above?

There is one other place you could try - ME:eek::approve::approve::D

How does £30 sound ?? :approve::approve::approve::approve::)

Just took them out the car last weekend ;)

vintageb3
22nd December 2006, 05:18 AM
I'll take them!!!!!

mark

vintageb3
22nd December 2006, 06:34 AM
PM sent Markyc...can pick up this weekend...

Craig
22nd December 2006, 06:50 AM
he still has the scars on his hands after replacing them....;)

OBN
22nd December 2006, 07:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

There is one other place you could try - ME:eek::approve::approve::D

Damn too late just ordered 'em £54 inc delivery :(

OBN
23rd December 2006, 08:47 PM
Light arrived today, any final pointers from the experts regarding fitting them?

What tools are required?

Craig
23rd December 2006, 11:10 PM
small dumpy screwdriver

lots of patience..;)

and a magnet for when you drop the screws into the front valance...:D

Scottie
24th December 2006, 02:12 AM
or in my case

A Husband:D:p

vintageb3
24th December 2006, 06:58 AM

Still no reply from you markyc...thought I would mention this in case you have sent a PM.

Thanks

mark

Craig
24th December 2006, 07:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

Still no reply from you markyc...thought I would mention this in case you have sent a PM.

Thanks

mark

mark,

he very rarely logs on, I'll remind him tommorrow to reply to you.

Sent him a text to say you want them....:D

I would consider them sold.

vintageb3
24th December 2006, 07:36 AM
Hi Craig...

In that case...tell him that I may be near him on Wednesday. I was in Stirling today...and I think Markyc is from around that area?

Thanks

mark

OBN
24th December 2006, 10:18 PM
AAArrgghhhhhhhh

the bottom screw is doing my head in!! Can't get it out!!! Bumper off job me thinks (who said this was a simple job?)

Craig
24th December 2006, 10:22 PM
it is brent, just a lot of patience required.... Is it just stuck, or can't you get at it ? ?

OBN
24th December 2006, 10:26 PM
Just cant get into it at all, tried various screw drivers but none seem to be able to get grip on the head. The small dumpy one would be fine but can't get it level enough due to the fog light

Craig
24th December 2006, 10:30 PM
do you have a copy of the last copy of Modern Mini? they talk you how to take off the bumper. It is only 2 screws on the top (T30 Torxs) and 5 bolts on the bottom... (socket set...)

hope this helps..

OBN
24th December 2006, 10:35 PM
I did see that edition but was hoping to avoid, but due to the cuts on the back of my hands I think it's gonna have to be bumper off

Craig
24th December 2006, 10:37 PM
yeah as I say, Mark still has his scars... Hope you get it sorted before Santa comes...:D

markyc
25th December 2006, 02:22 AM
Mark

Sorry for not getting back to you :disapprove:

Wednesday is fine, although I'm working I can get away to meet you, say at Menzies :approve: What time suits you :question::question:;)

Brent

You need a 'bendy screwdriver' :eek: I've got a set of screwdrivers and one has a flexible end which bends through 90 degrees and applies pressure to the screw head :approve::approve: If you don't have something similar you may struggle :disapprove::dead:Is it a facelift model you have :question: I found there is more space to work on the Halo's on the facelift model than mines which is the 'first edition':I Hopefully you'll have it sorted quick :D;)

OBN
25th December 2006, 05:39 AM
Mark its a 2005 model, I'll have a look for a suitable screwdriver, I did manage to get a copy of Modern Mini this avo with the step by step guide, just need to find the time (or the tool)

Scottie
25th December 2006, 05:46 AM

AAArrgghhhhhhhh

the bottom screw is doing my head in!! Can't get it out!!! Bumper off job me thinks (who said this was a simple job?)

just need to eat more porridge.:D;)